Auto's Done Carty's Way

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hey I have a kitten that will put her to shame. He is so stinky we started calling him stinky bones. The whit kitten with gray spots. You can smell him from a far puew. The other 2 are Rigby and Mortakai. Rigby has a face like a raccoon and the other is attached at the hip.
Besties.
IMG_6725.jpeg

It's official, the votes are all in and tallied... y'all are cray cray.... probably why I fit in so well...

Oh I was so happy and jazzed, I'd finally bought myself a decent pair of sunglasses... I found Costa Del Mar and the version I was looking for Ricon something... to long to spell... these retail at their site for $275. oh, but had them on sale for $238. Found them on Etsy for $57. waited a week, and, to small for my big head.
Started thinking about it, in 36yrs Ladybug has asked for very little and never had a super nice pair of shades over $25. Turns out, fits her perfectly and for the first time absolutely no strain on her eyes outside.

Enjoy sweety....

Iced Latte'

Hit by hand with pollen last week... this strain was run 2 runs ago and I fell in love with how frosty she was, her smoke was even better so I swore to grow her again soon and hit her with pollen. Gabagoo F4 is my frost monster, no designed to be a huge strain by a frosty girl with taste thru the roof...
IMG_20240712_191703.jpg

Look at dem purple buds... oh is she gonna finish up pretty... nice share man... getter done
That is from your gdp autos @Jan Borrego sent me!

This purple one has a really really sweet musky nose on her, it's quite pleasant ☺️
I also have a green pheno that's not getting the attention she needs lol. Louisville slugger cola and I haven't even sniffed her yet!

That is from your gdp autos @Jan Borrego sent me!

This purple one has a really really sweet musky nose on her, it's quite pleasant ☺️
I also have a green pheno that's not getting the attention she needs lol. Louisville slugger cola and I haven't even sniffed her yet!
Mine were all green but fire and wonderful smell

Wasn't expecting these!! What an awesome surprise in a stack of bills lol. View attachment 359335
Yeah, I wanted to send those to everyone I could, so pay attention people, more cards are going out.

And not Bro... I'll send you the photo periods we talked about.... lol

I know most of these are on my thread about growing Jan's Gear, but I love to keep this long running thread going also..

Time for me to preach, again.

I've come up with a new nickname, "The Cradle" .
IMG_20240717_231651.jpg

White Widow #3
IMG_20240717_231645.jpg

White Widow #2
IMG_20240717_231807.jpg

Forged x Samquach
Forged x Samsquach.jpg

Ice Princess.... my first few photo periods in a few grows.... fem's so I might pick the best and cull the other in these double potted plants..

IMG_20240717_233042.jpg
IMG_20240717_232428.jpg

Notice on all of these 2wks old plants I just removed the Cotyledon Leaf's (round leaf) and again, be careful pulling these off... grip it good and peel downward. careful as it can run deep at times and pull on the root system.. it's ok to snip with scissors at ground level if needed.

just above this is your single blade leaf that came out at birth along with the round leaf. remove these and the tiny new growth at that spot too.... this leaves what I refer to as "The Cradle" . And all growth will start above this point and no lower.

Purpose: Plant energy directed to where the plant really needs it. The upper part of the plant and upward growth... raise your light back up to 24" to cause some stretching... usually be week 3 most have sexed.d

Every single bit of growth on the way up the stem dips into the water and nutrients during uptake.. concentrate your plants energy above "The Cradle" and your end goal is to have the main cola and 4 to 6
branches..

Cradle.jpg
Cotyledon leaf and.jpg

I'm all about some energy moving north. I train plants more than most folks and remove leaf as needed.
So many out there miss the train when it comes to removing material to help the plant grow. Growing indoors is not natural so something has to give.
I loath the...leaves are solar panels for the plant speech. Many frown upon any material removal but I've found it a necessary evil that pays off big time.
My latest creation...All power to the top. Free standing girl trained with a screen. She will finish without it.
IMG_20240717_190509327~2.jpg

I'm all about some energy moving north. I train plants more than most folks and remove leaf as needed.
So many out there miss the train when it comes to removing material to help the plant grow. Growing indoors is not natural so something has to give.
I loath the...leaves are solar panels for the plant speech. Many frown upon any material removal but I've found it a necessary evil that pays off big time.
My latest creation...All power to the top. Free standing girl trained with a screen. She will finish without it.View attachment 359373
Yo GM my brudda.... I absolutely dig your entire setup.... keeping the grow bags up so air will flow to the bottom holes, excellent. I use these little screens for fish tanks.. almost same as a milk crate if you cut the bottom off each one.
I actually grew just like this after quitting a big SCROG setup with 3 AK47 plants.. would fill my screen of 2ft deep x 5ft long.... talk about a sea of buds.. after that, I was like, why not do this for one plant... found wire basket bottom worked perfectly...

Bro, you should do a full on tutorial and share with others a step by step on how to do this... I know photo periods do quite well with this method, but a fast growing Auto would also..

I could see this plant especially liking that setup...
Jans Top Gun approx 37 days old.jpg

Leaf stripping 101: Done correctly this technique can increase yields by almost triple. It's all about line of site.. and GM hits it on the head with his statement.. "Growing Indoor is not natural".
Outdoors sunlight can penetrate almost any canopy and indirect lighting is so powerful it affects everything during daylight hours..
So, leaf stripping to allow light to penetrate further into the plants branches or just removing lower growth to increase the plants energies to the bud sites...

Sorry to ask anyone to go take a peek at another area for info.... but, if your on Instagram.. go follow my Canadian brother Pa_Nature77 for he is THE MASTER of leaf stripping.... I watched him when we both started doing this and he took it to the next level... really researching everything and taking it to the extreme.

Photo periods, Pa would flip his plants, and while going thru the "Big Stretch" converting to flower.... Pa would strip off every single leaf leaving behind just tiny spots of vegetation alive. everyone told him he was stupid, his plants were either going to die or never produce buds..

WRONG, WRONG... and boy did he prove this was wrong. He told everyone.. the leaf material will grow right back just like a plant revegging. Meanwhile, light is getting to all his bud sites and wowza.... after his first attempt at this he made his point... every branch was naked on the bottom half while the top half was filled with buds from mid branch to tip as the buds from each node met one another....

Just 1 day after removing the cotyledon leaf and others... let the stretch begin.

Jan grow 2 at 2wks.jpg

Tonight I made the decision... and culled the smallest of Jan's photo period you can see
in the upper left, the runt.... in front of her, I pulled the shorter of the two and hope to
repot her... sitting in a cup of 20% foods atm.... had to get them to singles to give them
a chance to thrive.... be a bit before I can afford soil to up pot....

Leaf stripping 101: Done correctly this technique can increase yields by almost triple. It's all about line of site.. and GM hits it on the head with his statement.. "Growing Indoor is not natural".
Outdoors sunlight can penetrate almost any canopy and indirect lighting is so powerful it affects everything during daylight hours..
So, leaf stripping to allow light to penetrate further into the plants branches or just removing lower growth to increase the plants energies to the bud sites...

Sorry to ask anyone to go take a peek at another area for info.... but, if your on Instagram.. go follow my Canadian brother Pa_Nature77 for he is THE MASTER of leaf stripping.... I watched him when we both started doing this and he took it to the next level... really researching everything and taking it to the extreme.

Photo periods, Pa would flip his plants, and while going thru the "Big Stretch" converting to flower.... Pa would strip off every single leaf leaving behind just tiny spots of vegetation alive. everyone told him he was stupid, his plants were either going to die or never produce buds..

WRONG, WRONG... and boy did he prove this was wrong. He told everyone.. the leaf material will grow right back just like a plant revegging. Meanwhile, light is getting to all his bud sites and wowza.... after his first attempt at this he made his point... every branch was naked on the bottom half while the top half was filled with buds from mid branch to tip as the buds from each node met one another....
There was this Rastafarian that use to do the same thing. He would remove all the fan leaves about 2 or 3 weeks before harvest. Nothing but buds and small sugar leaves. His buds were huge by the time he harvested. He said,,,I'm growing dank not leaves. The buds and small fan leaves take in all the light they need to produce fat cola's.

Just 1 day after removing the cotyledon leaf and others... let the stretch begin.

View attachment 359487

Tonight I made the decision... and culled the smallest of Jan's photo period you can see
in the upper left, the runt.... in front of her, I pulled the shorter of the two and hope to
repot her... sitting in a cup of 20% foods atm.... had to get them to singles to give them
a chance to thrive.... be a bit before I can afford soil to up pot....
You have a few weeks. I sometimes wait until they are almost 3 ft tall. Don't like to but they handle it well.

Found out Ladybug had bought a bag of Miracle Grow Organic potting soil, guess who's stealing it tonight?
MEEE... muwahaha. going to up pot these photo periods of Jan's into larger pots if I have a few... time to water the bigger girls. The Strawberry Auto of here is beautiful....

OH, Stickers arrived to from Flower.. Jan, he made me a handful of stickers that say....
**** Around and Find Out. and she is becoming a favorite of mine... imagine crossing it to my Beast Mode..
FAFO Beast Mode.... hahaha.

I'll get ya some photos of these cool stickers....

Latest posts

Back