Auto's Done Carty's Way

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've noticed this in many other soils, but since I went to ProMix I've pretty much ditched that issue which has been great. Out if the 10 bales of promix I've used I've found maybe 12 or 15 sticks and bark chucks. I really like growing in Peat, it's such nice and fluffy stuff!
Totally on board with ya. It's a nice blank slate to start with, great drainage, it buffers my ph...what meter? And the roots love it.

Pretty damn close to coco in speed of growth without all the metering and daily maintenance.

I've noticed this in many other soils, but since I went to ProMix I've pretty much ditched that issue which has been great. Out if the 10 bales of promix I've used I've found maybe 12 or 15 sticks and bark chucks. I really like growing in Peat, it's such nice and fluffy stuff!
Yes I did one grow in peat and perlite. The plants did great. It was reasonably priced too!

Yes I did one grow in peat and perlite. The plants did great. It was reasonably priced too!
Base mix and great to build on... and an empty slate... perfect for starting plants, no foods no stress...
Add worm castings and your Nitrogen needs in veg will be met and without any plant stress or burn..
I used to do this and found out I was spending to much $ on my mix... MG soil already had what I needed.

Roots Organics was my favorite and Strawberry Fields by FF is awesome mushroom compost built soil.. over water and it will throw toad stools.. lol. Roots Organics was the best ever... clumps of guano I had to break up by hand. got bought out and the formula changed overnight.. to crap by comparison.

Still love Strawberry Fields but prices went from $18 for 1.5cui ft to $28. not.

K.I.S.S. people..
I just drug a big bail up the stairs...omg I'm to outta shape n old for this..lol
I remember those.. 3.8cu ft. bales omg. I used to use their Promix HP for the Mycorrhizae never had any issues with it... and even at $40 it was a deal per cu ft. then the hydro store left and no way you can order it, freight charges n all... doh.

ok... as a few of you may know.. I also tinker with photo periods.

And, test test test is over. My Black Oger has been tested and proven..

Black Oger - the journey began with seeds gifted from Barefrog, who got them from KM1 who got them from Wesos who got them from Oregon Kid... I call it Oregon Kid's OG or slang Og'r turned into Oger.
this is more known by it's other name, Ghost Cut.
One beautiful strain for sure, grown out and cloned out to a friend in Ky and another in Hawaii..

Planted my last few seeds, no male. So, I hit her with a Vietnamese Black F3 and thus Black Oger was born.

Grown out a few times to test, the cross worked well together with no issues, no hermies or weird growth traits.. very happy with this one..

My buddy up in Michigan who can grow legally makes a lot of my seeds for me.... Draig is the best dude.
early this year cleaning up, they dumped some old soil that had grown the female seeded Black Oger.
suddenly their daughter says, thought you weren't gonna grow outside this year. we aren't... oh yeah..
4ft plants x 2 on the backside of his shed out of site of the house....

He decided 2wks later to send me a photo of the 2.... with his handsome self between them... so to keep his identity a secret I put sunglasses and a hat on him... hahaha
IMG_20240708_122440.jpg

Hey carty are they fem photo mate if so I’d love to give them a run.
Sorry bro but I've yet to make any fem'd seeds.. Jan is thinking about giving it a try, me, never have... I know it's time consuming and you have to isolate the plant you spray for a bit and my room is limited or things have to stay hidden kind of thing. If I can ever go full on legal to grow, watch out....

I talked to my buddy today in the photo above. Turns out, these seeds were tossed out last winter after harvest and had to be in the soil. The more he thought about it and looked at his grow thread he now says that this is my Black Oger crossed to the Celtic Stone F3 pollen when they did a big preservation of it making F4 stock.
CS = Sagarmatha's Stonehenge x Juan Moore's Dixie Crystal and produces megalithic plants, as you can see.
the more he looks at it's structure and leaf he seeds Celtic Stone in her big time. a good thing IMHO.

Black Ogerstone is the name.. growing big is my game. Oh, he also stated they both have another month of veg so more to come.

Note: These plants have been given NO FOODS, no bug sprays have been introduced.. nope, they have been growing freely fighting some big seeds he said, fighting the bugs and yet... wow right? no deficiencies, no major damage from being eaten alive.

Did I finally find my holy grail photo period.... we'll see how the smoke it but knowing the strains involved as I do, having grown them all, I'm excited.

Sorry bro but I've yet to make any fem'd seeds.. Jan is thinking about giving it a try, me, never have... I know it's time consuming and you have to isolate the plant you spray for a bit and my room is limited or things have to stay hidden kind of thing. If I can ever go full on legal to grow, watch out....
No problem mate, I can only do fem’s as I’ve only got space for 5 plants 😭

No problem mate, I can only do fem’s as I’ve only got space for 5 plants 😭
How close are you to starting a new grow.. ? I don't make fem seeds, didn't say I ain't got nun. hillbilly talk. lol. I married one so it's ok. call her my Ky Longtoe. hahaha. man am I freaken high.
Hit me up, might be able to throw some fem'd photo periods your way..

I understand the limited plant numbers. I used to put down 18 seeds in 1gal pots, 2 per pot, sex them and only pass along best 5 ladies to flower in same tent, in 3gal felt pots, only had one tent then.. that tent is now my veg tent. run 4 in each 30 days apart..

ok... as a few of you may know.. I also tinker with photo periods.

And, test test test is over. My Black Oger has been tested and proven..

Black Oger - the journey began with seeds gifted from Barefrog, who got them from KM1 who got them from Wesos who got them from Oregon Kid... I call it Oregon Kid's OG or slang Og'r turned into Oger.
this is more known by it's other name, Ghost Cut.
One beautiful strain for sure, grown out and cloned out to a friend in Ky and another in Hawaii..

Planted my last few seeds, no male. So, I hit her with a Vietnamese Black F3 and thus Black Oger was born.

Grown out a few times to test, the cross worked well together with no issues, no hermies or weird growth traits.. very happy with this one..

My buddy up in Michigan who can grow legally makes a lot of my seeds for me.... Draig is the best dude.
early this year cleaning up, they dumped some old soil that had grown the female seeded Black Oger.
suddenly their daughter says, thought you weren't gonna grow outside this year. we aren't... oh yeah..
4ft plants x 2 on the backside of his shed out of site of the house....

He decided 2wks later to send me a photo of the 2.... with his handsome self between them... so to keep his identity a secret I put sunglasses and a hat on him... hahaha
View attachment 358879
Looks like a good friend of mine , I call him Hippie

How close are you to starting a new grow.. ? I don't make fem seeds, didn't say I ain't got nun. hillbilly talk. lol. I married one so it's ok. call her my Ky Longtoe. hahaha. man am I freaken high.
Hit me up, might be able to throw some fem'd photo periods your way..

I understand the limited plant numbers. I used to put down 18 seeds in 1gal pots, 2 per pot, sex them and only pass along best 5 ladies to flower in same tent, in 3gal felt pots, only had one tent then.. that tent is now my veg tent. run 4 in each 30 days apart..
I’m only going into week 2 flower so still got 7-8 weeks left.

Latest posts

Back