Beans from Greenmobster440

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some say when the leaves overgrow the rim of the pot...up pot. I don't agree with that. Really depends on that individual plants growth rate.

After you've done this a few times ya can just look at a plant and know it needs a new address. Especially when your watering it often. Soon it'll show signs of discontent..lol.

I procrastinate daily. It's a habit I can't fix. So I work around it. 😂
Everyone in my entire area are a bunch of procrastinators. The mentality… Eh I will get to it eventually. That makes me nutz! I have a schedule I have to keep. I don't make a physical list but there is a list in my head.

Let the games begin!
Getting a jump on things..cool.

When that second set of nodes arrives move that tie down up and lean it so the new growth can come forward.
IMG_20231128_211023098.jpg

After bending it over I remove any leaf on that exposed side. Usual just one leaf. As it grows you guide branches in all directions to form a base for the floater. Early train will make it branch more. All good stuff.

Just keep spreading them out as you see fit. I'm a month ya should have something similar to this. Your going wide n low this run and this will get ya there.
IMG_20240820_110551251.jpg

Two steps in floater screens. First one is early training. After the screen is set it's a no brainer grow from them on.

When that second set of nodes arrives move that tie down up and lean it so the new growth can come forward.
View attachment 363859
After bending it over I remove any leaf on that exposed side. Usual just one leaf. As it grows you guide branches in all directions to form a base for the floater. Early train will make it branch more. All good stuff.

Just keep spreading them out as you see fit. I'm a month ya should have something similar to this. Your going wide n low this run and this will get ya there. View attachment 363860

Two steps in floater screens. First one is early training. After the screen is set it's a no brainer grow from them on.
I'll use this as a guide, I wanted to get a jump on it since it stretched a lil. I'm kinda thinking about wrapping a wire around the main stem and then molding it into a circle kinda, almost like a bonsai tree. Thoughts?

I'll use this as a guide, I wanted to get a jump on it since it stretched a lil. I'm kinda thinking about wrapping a wire around the main stem and then molding it into a circle kinda, almost like a bonsai tree. Thoughts?

I believe @oldfogey8 has done that recently.

I believe @oldfogey8 has done that recently.
I did a grow a long time ago(I think my 2nd or 3rd grow as an adult) where I trained the plant in a circle around the pot. I’d seen a webpage where someone did that and was using a 4 ft tall tent so I figured it would be a good method to try. I will have to dig thru my pics but it worked very well. Greenmobster looks like he did a better job with it than I did. I quadlined my grow over the winter. That worked well too. I am a bit schizo in that I try things, they work and then I don’t do the same thing again…😂

View attachment 363859

Just keep spreading them out as you see fit. I'm a month ya should have something similar to this. Your going wide n low this run and this will get ya there. View attachment 363860

So should I remove this leaf? Or the one that's touching the ground or both? Also I'm concerned with how the stem is, really leaning on wrapping it in wire

Attachments

• IMG_20241008_071232018~2.jpg
    IMG_20241008_071232018~2.jpg
    2.7 MB
  • IMG_20241008_071228492~2.jpg
    IMG_20241008_071228492~2.jpg
    2.3 MB
  • IMG_20241008_071435361.jpg
    IMG_20241008_071435361.jpg
    2.5 MB
I did a grow a long time ago(I think my 2nd or 3rd grow as an adult) where I trained the plant in a circle around the pot. I’d seen a webpage where someone did that and was using a 4 ft tall tent so I figured it would be a good method to try. I will have to dig thru my pics but it worked very well. Greenmobster looks like he did a better job with it than I did. I quadlined my grow over the winter. That worked well too. I am a bit schizo in that I try things, they work and then I don’t do the same thing again…😂
I think I might have to do it just based on how the stem is currently

This is only slightly better then what it was, I really need to stop procrastinating and go to ACE and get something else besides this crap wire I have

Attachments

• IMG_20241008_072917531.jpg
    IMG_20241008_072917531.jpg
    2.5 MB
So should I remove this leaf? Or the one that's touching the ground or both? Also I'm concerned with how the stem is, really leaning on wrapping it in wire
I personally would just move the soil away from and leaves touching the soil. The plant is small so it is best to leave as much surface area of leaves intact to help feed the plant.

Latest posts

Back