Auto's Done Carty's Way

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Carty headed for a blissful grow I see. Coco and autos are a pretty nice combo.

Why the worm shit? Is that part of the whole shabang? Or something you wanted to add? That will be a nice slow N release. What ya using for nutrients?

The big thing to keep an eye on is the pH!
It is considered ''hydro'' since there is no actual soil- so keep the pH lower!
Check your run-off, we found different brands of coco can f**k with the pH a bit!
Keep us posted on how you like it! :cool:❤️
I've learned that big time. stay away from Sunleaf Coir. It's red and you really have to rinse it thoroughly before it stops bleeding red. I prefer the extra fine stuff that is PH buffered and no long fibers. the Char it says to use at just a 1% mix, but mostly to add a little amount at roots base for nutrient uptake assisting...
@Carty headed for a blissful grow I see. Coco and autos are a pretty nice combo.

Why the worm shit? Is that part of the whole shabang? Or something you wanted to add? That will be a nice slow N release. What ya using for nutrients?
Yeah, this was all sent to me by mistake so Amazon said to keep it, their error.. so I figured, let's go back to my old method of growing... Coco. I ran coco for 5yrs. AK47 in a SCROG setup... then I started mixing it 50/50 with
Happy Frog and loved it....

Foods... since I'm a broke MOFO... I have to use what I still have on hand. FoxFarm's 3 part with Calmag and a bud hardener called Overdrive. I probably have enough for a few more grows, then switching to Jacks for veg and Humboldt's Secret to bloom them out.

I'm looking to do a grow start to finish using an NPK of 13-13-13 thru to week 9....

In 20yrs I've never owned or used a PH pen or TDS.... I allow my water to sit out for days using 2 old milk jugs..
really seems to help and clean up the water.... used to use a Britta filter if I notice an issue I cannot stop.... but our water is pretty good here luckily..

Chasing that ph dragon. What a shit show.

I found it difficult to trust that the dolomite in my promix would buffer ph but it does.

I use straight tap water. It measures 7.3ph. Whats the pH is after I mix nutrients? Hell if I know. I've learned to have faith in my medium to handle it all and it does.

So when I see a issue arise ph is not my first go to. I simply adjust the nutrients and move on because I know the odds of it being ph is pretty slim.

Now if I ever go back to bubbler bucket hydro I'll pick up that ph meter. Until then I don't need it.

I've learned the hard way to use a ph pen.
My veggies and plants told me. It made a big difference.
I use FF nutrients. If my tap water is 7.5 and I put the nutrients in it. It has now dropped to 5.8 or so. That's too low for soil. Perfect for hydro but not soil.
I use to be the same way and say fk ph.
Not anymore. It does make a difference.
I try and keep my ph between 6.4 to 6.9 and it shows in growth.

Chasing that ph dragon. What a shit show.

I found it difficult to trust that the dolomite in my promix would buffer ph but it does.

I use straight tap water. It measures 7.3ph. Whats the pH is after I mix nutrients? Hell if I know. I've learned to have faith in my medium to handle it all and it does.

So when I see a issue arise ph is not my first go to. I simply adjust the nutrients and move on because I know the odds of it being ph is pretty slim.

Now if I ever go back to bubbler bucket hydro I'll pick up that ph meter. Until then I don't need it.
My feelings for the past 20yrs.... I've had a few grows where I wondered if PH would of improved the bud production... but I realized many of my issues were related to Calmag and not PH....

Thanksgiving Grow...

Starting some Autos only along with Jan's grow off..
IMG_20240916_205058.jpg

All Feminized

3 - Hubba Bubba S1
2 - GMO x JoJo
2 - Alien God

The soil mix I'm using is 100% a new mix based on old methods I used in the past... Starting off with a light loamy mix of pure Coco, Perlite, Espoma's plant starter plus for slow release foods because pure Coco has none.
and the plus part is Mycorrhizae and dats da stuff that makes roots explode.

Carty's Method.
Wash them old pots people... remember, I start my plants in 1gal plastic pots... why.. because this allows the larger roots to get established before switching to air trimming pots, felt. this helps the plant get a good foothold.
I rinse mine outside to remove as much dirt as I can.... then inside to rinse remaining into the sink... into the dishwasher, spray the bottoms with CLR to get all that nasty calcium build up...
IMG_20240914_225326.jpg
IMG_20240914_225335.jpg

Pure Coir, Bio-Tone, Char and Perlite... KISS with Bliss... lol
IMG_20240913_215224.jpg
IMG_20240913_215331.jpg
IMG_20240916_203033.jpg

Remember the basics... fill pot halfway with soil mix, water in with 3/4 cup of water to settle soil.. this
method prevents the seeds from sinking at first watering.... always settle your soil and this compacts
it naturally... never ever press on it by hand.
IMG_20240916_203040.jpg

IMG_20240916_203044.jpg

Ok.... checked on the germinating seeds tonight and I had 4 with nice tails and 3 that did nada. The Alien God B seeds failed to crack open, so I put her between my front teeth and cracked her open, planted her.
1 of 3 of the Hubba Bubba S1 seeds showed a nice tail, and the other 2 are tiny so I just planted them to see if they'll eventually show.

I am thinking of dropping down 2 seeds of something else though to assure I get at least 6 starters to get both tents going again at the same time. Hmmm.. but what? lol

IMG_20240917_193922.jpg
IMG_20240917_194939.jpg
IMG_20240917_194013.jpg
IMG_20240917_194040.jpg
IMG_20240917_194057.jpg
IMG_20240917_195114.jpg
IMG_20240917_195459.jpg
IMG_20240917_195522.jpg

Maybe I'll drop a few of my very own Miss Piggy seeds.... not fem's but it would still be nice to run a few of mine in hopes of finding a girl...
I have Miss PIggy F3, Miss Piggy x Man Bear Alien Pig (Original Mom) x Double Grape , Miss Piggy x Beast Mode.
so, yeah.... Thinking MP F3.. the original pig... hehe.

Latest posts

Back