OZ's First Indoor Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm jealous. Wish I could grow like that outside.😭
A lot of people look down at outdoor weed, but I've always preferred it to indoor grown pot. Maybe just because it's what I grew, there's always a certain pride in getting people off on something you produced.

Now, I'll have three strains with indoor and outdoor buds off of them. I'm looking forward to doing an honest comparison of them.

A lot of people look down at outdoor weed, but I've always preferred it to indoor grown pot. Maybe just because it's what I grew, there's always a certain pride in getting people off on something you produced.

Now, I'll have three strains with indoor and outdoor buds off of them. I'm looking forward to doing an honest comparison of them.

Now, I'll have three strains with indoor and outdoor buds off of them. I'm looking forward to doing an honest comparison of the
My indoor weeds is equivalent to my outdoor weed, with one exception. Bud structure. Outdoors are almost always rock hard and very large. My indoor weed, sometimes I get larfy buds. Buds are decent size, just not like outside. Outside buds het as big and sometimes bigger than my hand. I never get that on buds inside unless it is the topper. Smoking, for me they are both very nice. If I weren't looking at the buds I wouldn't be able to tell them apart. I just grew 9 GDP 6 inside and 3 outside. I got about 1/2 of a pound from each grow. I had 2x the amount inside and still got the same amount. I sampled them both back to back. First one then several hours later the other. They smoked and rolled the same. IMO

I love growing outside. I wish Texas would make it legal to grow.😞
I hear that. Outdoor bud gets the full Monty of light. Can't beat that. If only them damn bugs would go away..lol
Texas legal...hard for them bible belts states. They tend to progress slower on some things.
Florida looks to be the next legal state. Polls show its favored to pass in Nov.

High winds today causing some problems. Plants are getting blown around, so I added a couple more stakes to support the pots, trying to keep them from blowing away. Minutes after I braced the one getting whipped the most, a big wooden branch broke off. It's pretty big and broke almost completely, but I think my quick tape job will fix it.

On the plus side, the clones are all growing well, I fimmed the biggest ones yesterday. I took the cuttings a little over a month ago. And, the inside girls will be chopped by the end of the week. Seeing a little more amber, but not a bunch. Buds are nice size and seem very dense. We'll see.

20240715_160642.jpg
20240715_160648.jpg
20240715_161918.jpg
20240715_161936.jpg

Patch job on the broken branch seems to be holding. Most of the clones are growing fast with two more weeks before Mother Nature flips them.

Importantly, chopped the indoor plants last night at 9 weeks. They're hanging in a dark tent now, running at 67° and 58% rh. Hoping for six ounces, but hard to say how much they'll shrink up. Starting out, I figure 4-8 zips to be realistic target. Hopefully next grow will do better.

Outdoor stuff is huge. Just need to avoid a calamity and it will have been a great season.

Attachments

• 20240719_142756.jpg
    20240719_142756.jpg
    9.1 MB · Views: 0
I've had the indoor plants hung out to dry in the 2x4 tent for 4-5 days. Temp us running 67° with 58% rh. The exhaust fan is running and a small fan lightly stirs the air at the top of the tent but not directly on the bud. The buds seem to dry very fast so I took some samples, trimmed them up and put them in a couple paper lunch bags. Next day, the bags were reading 69% so I'm leaving them open and spread out the nugs to keep them drying slowly. My fear that they were drying too fast seems unfounded, so I'll keep the bulk in the tent for a few more days.
Previous outdoor crops were always hung in the basement that houses my tent. I've never been able to keep them hanging for a week. In past years, I stripped the buds off the branches after a few days and finished them in paper shopping bags. The last couple years I've skipped the bags and transferred them straight into jars, which I burped and monitored until I got down to 62%, my preferred storage humidity.
The missus hates the stink during the hanging phase, so I've always pulled them down asap to bags or jars. I could dry in the tent as long as I want but am unable to precisely check moisture levels. Not wanting them to dry too fast, I'll probably bag or jar up the remainder in the next few days.
This is also the first time I've dry trimmed a quantity. Pretty simple since the plants were already defoliated pretty well. If it's a good outdoor crop, I see a rotary trimmer in my future if I'm going to dry trim.

What a nice read thru on this thread.... you can grow some wicked plants bro... the stem size on the photo above says it all.... sucks about the high winds... my friend/breeder in New Mexico had 80mph winds attack a huge 8ft auto we've developed and stripped all the leaf off. then wild kittens used it for a climbing scratching post.. shredded it..

I'd love to gift you some seeds I think could hold up to your winds while producing megalithic harvests..
PM me if interested ok... be well..
Carty

They've been drying a week. It's jar time. I smoked a doob from the scrap buds from the Runtz plant. Huge smile. Electric type buzz, seemed motivating and sativa like. I think I hit the harvest window just right. After a cure, this is gonna be a killer. Can't wait to test the Watermelon and the OG next.

All the buds are very dense and heavy. The OG buds are a bit slimmer, but the other two are fat. It's going to exceed my weight expectations by a long ways, for a first time indoor guy I'm really happy.

Thanks MP family for the advice and encouragement. I'll post final smoke reports in the next week, then on to the next grow journal.

Watermelon OG. 109g
OG Kush. 107g
Royal Runtz. 116g

A quarter zip shy of 3/4 pound.

Smoked the Watermelon yesterday. Darker taste. Real stoning weed and definitely creeper. Happiness.

Outside the girls have been in a flowering mode for several days. It seems early to me but what do I know? With flowering, I'm getting one last stretch. I think the pics will show what I'm talking about. I did some defoliation, short of a lollipop, but getting rid of internal, lower stuff in prep of budz. Did some LST and some accidental HST. Branches are thick but still moveable. Plants are ungodly thirsty as weather has been hot with little rain.

And the clones are fine. 8 for 8 success rate. I gave one to a neighbor. I took the cuttings 6/5. Straight into solo cups with promix + myco. Uppotted on 6/20 and set in a very shady location. They've been in full sun since 6/27 so one full month of growth. A couple stragglers, but I'm happy with their progress.
20240727_123722.jpg
20240727_112430.jpg
20240727_112436.jpg
20240727_112439.jpg
20240727_112446.jpg
20240727_112504.jpg
20240727_112509.jpg
20240727_112518.jpg
20240727_112536.jpg

Your a busy guy.... Bro.. contact me. when I see folks that can grow as you do with the freedom to do so, all I want to do is throw them genetics I'm tired of sitting on.. I have a Diesel Collection, Kush, Haze....
and Autos... just not everyone's gig. Although my Gabagoo F4 would finish in 65 days from seed... most stay under 3ft and easy to grow... the ickiest stickest auto ever....

Them big girls are going to fill in stem to stern looks like... very nice

Latest posts

Back