Auto's Done Carty's Way

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been doing the dawn/dusk lighting ever since I started growing indoors. I used some cheap T8's, double bulb, two fixtures, one on one side and one on the other of the MH/HPS main lights. They come on a half hour before the mains kick in and go off a half hour after the mains shut down.
Have you tried not using that pre light before the big ones? Aren't you loosing an hour a day of max light? Thats like 60-70hrs of maximum light your missing out on.

What benefits have ya found doing this? I'm curious since you said you've done this from the begining.

I'd have to agree. It sounds like a cool idea but I've seen others try this. I kinda see it as maybe it makes the grower feel like they are doing positive things to their grow. It won't hurt the plants. But I've never seen any major benefits in it.

Now the ones that want to incorporate a MOON PHASE into the grow....well, don't do that. We love our plants to much sometimes. Our manic minds take over...it's madness I tell ya.
I cant even do them at night we have skylights in the daytime, do lights on is lights on.otherwise they would never get darkness.

Carty is always starting something huh? funny how a small comment can get a conversation going huh?

I love the learning that goes on here, for me anyways. see, had no idea some were using this method and
the questions that follow. and yes, we'd like to know if you have any comparison notes.

One of the things I think would be affected may be oil production... the more we share the more we grow

Anyone ever try this? My sister in-law doesn't drink alcohol and, the family up in SC are always having big gatherings where most of them drink, not her. so, she can walk around with one of these, get a buzz and
feel like she fits in.. Isn't psychology fun. LOL> she's a lightweight and says half a can does her fine.

She's sending us 2 of their 6pks, tall boys too... Grape Acai and the one shown.. how cool is that.

Thanks big bro.
Screenshot_2024-08-17-23-10-45-188.jpg

Have you tried not using that pre light before the big ones? Aren't you loosing an hour a day of max light? Thats like 60-70hrs of maximum light your missing out on.

What benefits have ya found doing this? I'm curious since you said you've done this from the begining.
I've never ran a control test to be able to tell the difference. I just try to duplicate nature. Outside plants don't wake up to a high noon sun. I do cheat and jack the CO2 to them, though. It's on a seperate timer. It kicks on a half hour before the lights come on, and goes off a half hour before the lights go off. No sense in feeding 'em enriched air when they'll be sleeping before they get a chance to use the extra CO2.
I should mention that the room is sealed air tight with a double door. The outside door is your typical door, and the second one is mostly plexiglass and sealed like a refrigerator door. I don't need to go inside much 'cause all the nutes and water level is controlled from the outside reservoir. Most call it a R-DWC. PH and nute levels are checked daily just 'cause I'm anal when it comes to my ladies.

I've never ran a control test to be able to tell the difference. I just try to duplicate nature. Outside plants don't wake up to a high noon sun. I do cheat and jack the CO2 to them, though. It's on a seperate timer. It kicks on a half hour before the lights come on, and goes off a half hour before the lights go off. No sense in feeding 'em enriched air when they'll be sleeping before they get a chance to use the extra CO2.
I should mention that the room is sealed air tight with a double door. The outside door is your typical door, and the second one is mostly plexiglass and sealed like a refrigerator door. I don't need to go inside much 'cause all the nutes and water level is controlled from the outside reservoir. Most call it a R-DWC. PH and nute levels are checked daily just 'cause I'm anal when it comes to my ladies.
All sealed in CO2...I had no idea you were using that. That is one area Ive never ventured into.

You ever post a journal or something? I can find sheeeet lol

This is why my online handle used to be Bender
All sealed in CO2...I had no idea you were using that. That is one area Ive never ventured into.

You ever post a journal or something? I can find sheeeet lol
Me either.... I know it can be very technical and if you do not know what your doing your just wasting the stuff..
If I'm correct, and I'm probably not fully.... Only in flower, only with lights on and you want it to be released atop the plants so it bleeds downward onto them.. am I right or way off... lol.

This is why my online handle used to be Bender

Me either.... I know it can be very technical and if you do not know what your doing your just wasting the stuff..
If I'm correct, and I'm probably not fully.... Only in flower, only with lights on and you want it to be released atop the plants so it bleeds downward onto them.. am I right or way off... lol.
Bender is my fav from Futurama. That I like to watch. New season just came out on Hulu

Time for an update.... The Strain F*ck Around and Find Out is by Olympic Seeds

One of my newest favorite strains... F*ck Around and Find Out

What an easy plant to grow... I do have a few things to research however.
After a good half hour just now, I found a little bit of info on her and this is it.

Olympic Seeds: Unknown Variety.. so is this an auto or not.. and because of how I grew her, this grow did not
determine that either way.. 13/11 light schedule and being it says this finishes in 63 days outside, and it was
never offered in Feminized form.. this has a few things that just need to be figured out before I work it further...

FAFO = Slap & Tickle x The Great Gumball

Slap & Tickle = GMO x Grape Pie (Cherry Pie x Grape Stomper)

The Great Gumball = Gummo x Saphire Cookies OG

All it says is : Unknown variety, 63 days to flower.. well, not from seed because mine is on day 72 and needs another week.

Bender is my fav from Futurama. That I like to watch. New season just came out on Hulu
It was my 3rd handle on Planet Skunk... I started with Flowerchild and everyone thought I was a chick and kept flirting with me.. then it was McGyver for my crazy builds... first light was a stove range hood with 12 spiral led lights... hahaha. then it was Bender who bent everything over.. everything. hahaha.

Like this
IMG_20240818_194918.jpg

My Ice Princess out grew the small tent and got up potted and needed the taller flowering tent... it's only half a
foot wider but has the 6ft height.. most fall under that just fine, but I can buy a 1ft zip on extension from Gorilla Tents to make it taller if ever needed... Gorilla Lite line.

so I have a room issue... I trimmed up the top of FAFO because they all registered milky and 30% amber trichs.. the buds are small because of the stress I put them through.. live and learn.

so I bent her over, all over, in hopes of fitting her into the small tent to finish up... no such luck. so someone is getting bathroom light for 2wks... lol gotta do sumin.. timing was off on starting the rotation...

These both are photo periods Jan asked me to grow... and make some seeds to preserve her.. how can a guy say no with all she does for me. so recently I hit them both with Orange Grove Pollen painted on by hand on half of each plant... and most likely some pollen will get onto my autos... we'll see, most likely throw those out unless someone wants them to use outside and never breed with... might finish faster maybe... I just don't lke passing seeds like that along...

IMG_20240818_200226.jpg

IMG_20240818_200823.jpg

Up since 6am getting the Buick fixed... no sleep night before, poor Mongo up all night with upset stomach.. Rat Terrier issue... so tonight Ladybug gave him his allergy bath for grass allergies, and he is snoring so loud she had to turn up the TV... hahaha. right on.

I'm off to join him I hope.. night gang

Fiasco today.... so Ladybug did her part today, and took the car for it's annual oil change... hahaha. It took us
a year to put 3100 miles on it.. I was trying to make it so when the car was pulled in it would be right at 3000
miles and exactly 12mos to the day Missed it by 2wks. and 100 miles.. ha.

So, 5min oil change, stay in your car. Under the car or 20min and then try telling her, Um, the last place that did your oil change stripped your drain plug so they started sucking it out thru the dip stick tube. hey, I was a service manager, I know what suck a lux is and it's actually faster.. so why was she there 2hrs. Oh was she pissed off.
Needless to say, I'll be fighting for my $ back and a new drain plug. why does it take 20min to determine the drain plug is rounded off... because YOU did it and are trying to blame it on the previous oil change. then, she hears the Manager tell the idiot, go up sell her telling her her car needs Synthetic.
This is where they messed up, she's married to a guy who did service 20yrs. she says, Synthetic is only viable on a car motor if used before the first oil change or 5000 miles. After that carbon build up prevents the synthetic from adhering to the metals anymore and thus, a waste of $$... she yells to the F'n Mgr... I'm not a stupid woman.

ah snap. so yeah, 5min oil change took 2 1/2hrs. been a long 2 days, pick my sister up tomorrow at 4:33..

few hiccups but looking like we'll have a great visit, all she wants to do is relax at the pool..

Take dog out a few hours before leaving, left front tire is flat... nail... omg grrrrrr. and pouring rain..

Neighbor friend agrees to take the wife to Airport... ah oh, now we oh her a life debt. Ordered me a

tire punch thru repair kit, most places will not repair it where it's located near sidewall.. I will... lol.

Sister is here, and everyone is safe... tomorrow is another day.. deep breath. ahhh.

Thanks for listening... lol

Fixed the tire this morning using a plug kit.. gotta love them things. Can of fix a flat to patch it from the inside and then pumped the tire up with a bicycle foot pump... I cannot believe It worked.. Ha.
Spent the day with my sister while wife was gone to work.... we watched movies and got blazed....

Plants are doing good, nothing to report atm. be pulling them out soon to feed and rotate...

Latest posts

Back