Auto's Done Carty's Way

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey*- Do you need anymore Snow Leopard , They was from me bro , I got a few 100 more if you need any??
Ah dude... Snow Leopard is an epic strain, and anything like that you can donate to CCC will get shared around the world. I have 2 cards going out to Australia this week and one to Barefrog up in Canada.
That's one that is worthy to be in everyones garden.

I hope you find some winners in that Orange GOJI and other GOJI crosses I just sent ya....

I am so pissed at myself for not catching this, but, the bag of soil I grabbed from my wife's stash.... was for a raised bed outdoors and this stuff is ruining my plants.. I mean, sure, they are growing just fine, but these Autos are a month in and with my experience I know they should look much better and the flowering girls at 60 days today, should have buds twice their size and approaching the finishing stage... if you go look at them closely you can see no growth for the past few weeks regarding bud development. the buds should already be fist sized. this is where the influence of using that soil began....

Question is... now I know you finish the 2 plants with a few weeks to go and the Iced Latte' even closer to finishing.... that said, do you chop down all the others and start over with proper soil ingredients.....

I am so pissed at myself for not catching this, but, the bag of soil I grabbed from my wife's stash.... was for a raised bed outdoors and this stuff is ruining my plants.. I mean, sure, they are growing just fine, but these Autos are a month in and with my experience I know they should look much better and the flowering girls at 60 days today, should have buds twice their size and approaching the finishing stage... if you go look at them closely you can see no growth for the past few weeks regarding bud development. the buds should already be fist sized. this is where the influence of using that soil began....

Question is... now I know you finish the 2 plants with a few weeks to go and the Iced Latte' even closer to finishing.... that said, do you chop down all the others and start over with proper soil ingredients.....
In for s penny in for a pound

Be like Larry.

200w (7).gif

Yeah.... I can make these babies finish up into something.... mostly it's the 2 late in flower that are suffering from no bud development... ..
Just ordered some perlite and Coco Bricks.... man the price of Guano has gone up... and I'm broke this month. and next and so on... lol.

Here they are at day 60 exactly.... if they are 75 to 85 day Autos then they will finish ok.... we'll see, I don't see a lot of Sativa in their leaf structure so they should be 4x's bigger already... not happy. but, not giving up... small buds are still buds... hehe

Top Gun Auto Fem day 60
IMG_20240808_204002.jpg
IMG_20240808_204021.jpg
IMG_20240808_204011.jpg

F*CK Around and Find Out.... FAFO... Mongo like FAFO
IMG_20240808_204234.jpg
IMG_20240808_204300.jpg
IMG_20240808_204251.jpg
IMG_20240808_204317.jpg

Man, they look about 50days not 60..lol Ya have almost 3 weeks to go. I think they'll fatten up just fine and surprise ya.

Did I read coco? I'm not saying your old or anything but....ya really want to water twice a day? The watering needed for coco is to much for me. Great medium but.... Ya gonna automate watering?

Man, they look about 50days not 60..lol Ya have almost 3 weeks to go. I think they'll fatten up just fine and surprise ya.

Did I read coco? I'm not saying your old or anything but....ya really want to water twice a day? The watering needed for coco is to much for me. Great medium but.... Ya gonna automate watering?
Yep sometimes I will mix in coco in something else lacking in pearlite. If I don't have the pearlite on hand.,

Yeah, some of the weakest bud production I've ever had.... ever. at this point anyway. They should begin stacking at this age in their cycle. Yup, I'm old... 61. After 60 it's awesome.. for my first time ever I stopped giving a crap what people think of me... so let the strangeness begin. walked into my Dr's office today for Pain Mgmt. she seen my name on the schedule and it made her smile.. comic relief... lol
Ran Coir pure for years... hand watered everyday when lights came on. I ran 2 AK47 in 5gal short and
wide pots and grew SCROG under a 2ft x 5ft screen. mixing it 30% soil, 30 coir and 30 perlite it left 10% for sand, volcanic mix, worm castings.... this time, nada... to broke.
Yep sometimes I will mix in coco in something else lacking in pearlite. If I don't have the pearlite on hand.,
It's Perlite, not pearlite... yes, it bothers me... hahaha. Mixing it is best and a great way to make the expensive soils go further... Adding a 5kg brick to FFOF was a great mix and almost no feeding needed.
Love this stuff... really expensive now but used to be available around here for $20. ran it all the time when I got top $... those days are long gone and just for personal now. without clicking on your link
I'm guessing $40.
Great mix for starting plants first 2 or 3mos. 5kg brick of Coir with some perlite and worm castings.
I used to add any type of Mychorrizae

Yeah, some of the weakest bud production I've ever had.... ever. at this point anyway. They should begin stacking at this age in their cycle. Yup, I'm old... 61. After 60 it's awesome.. for my first time ever I stopped giving a crap what people think of me... so let the strangeness begin. walked into my Dr's office today for Pain Mgmt. she seen my name on the schedule and it made her smile.. comic relief... lol
Ran Coir pure for years... hand watered everyday when lights came on. I ran 2 AK47 in 5gal short and
wide pots and grew SCROG under a 2ft x 5ft screen. mixing it 30% soil, 30 coir and 30 perlite it left 10% for sand, volcanic mix, worm castings.... this time, nada... to broke.

It's Perlite, not pearlite... yes, it bothers me... hahaha. Mixing it is best and a great way to make the expensive soils go further... Adding a 5kg brick to FFOF was a great mix and almost no feeding needed.

Love this stuff... really expensive now but used to be available around here for $20. ran it all the time when I got top $... those days are long gone and just for personal now. without clicking on your link
I'm guessing $40.
Great mix for starting plants first 2 or 3mos. 5kg brick of Coir with some perlite and worm castings.
I used to add any type of Mychorrizae
Maybe it’s the beans. A lot if the stuff I sent you I got in trade

Appreciate the out.... but no. It was me being lazy and very broke. the soil was raised bed top soil so pretty much sand and sticks.... looked at it closer during this mixing and as a mix I'd use it but would rather use
volcanic instead. but these up potted plants have a mix of it at 33% each give or take.

I probably should of fed every watering and full strength.. Saddest part, these girls have so many bud sties..

Not giving up though.... just flushed them lightly and hit them with Overdrive....
IMG_20240810_191841.jpg

Lets peek into my madness.. this is usually when I start messing up, running photos with Autos again...

IMG_20240810_191834.jpg

Plenty of budsites slowly adding weight.... slowly... hahaha. and have to admit... pretty frosty
IMG_20240808_204324~2.jpg

Someone brought up Bending plants and these Autos shot up pretty fast and with the taller
flowering tent being full, Bending is just what was called for.
IMG_20240810_035306.jpg

I removed the 2 large fan leaf at the 2nd node. as the bend spot repairs itself, the plant will begin to rise up towards the light. I wait until it gets to 90* and then tie her into place... or use one of Flowers awesome tricks with bendable wire... nice.
IMG_20240810_035313.jpg

IMG_20240810_035326.jpg

and of course, the 2 photo periods of Ice Princess that later tonight will get hit with Orange Kush pollen.
these have been topped about a week ago and just loved it... never seen new growth take off like this..
Pheno 2 had poor lower growth early on so since she is making seeds I lollipop trimmed her up..
IMG_20240810_191719.jpg
IMG_20240810_191727.jpg

Pheno 1 branched out nicely, her seeds will be kept separate.. also getting painted with OK pollen
IMG_20240810_190659.jpg
IMG_20240810_190706.jpg

Lets peek into my madness.. this is usually when I start messing up, running photos with Autos again...

View attachment 360446
Plenty of budsites slowly adding weight.... slowly... hahaha. and have to admit... pretty frosty
View attachment 360447

Someone brought up Bending plants and these Autos shot up pretty fast and with the taller
flowering tent being full, Bending is just what was called for.
View attachment 360448
I removed the 2 large fan leaf at the 2nd node. as the bend spot repairs itself, the plant will begin to rise up towards the light. I wait until it gets to 90* and then tie her into place... or use one of Flowers awesome tricks with bendable wire... nice.
View attachment 360449

View attachment 360450

and of course, the 2 photo periods of Ice Princess that later tonight will get hit with Orange Kush pollen.
these have been topped about a week ago and just loved it... never seen new growth take off like this..
Pheno 2 had poor lower growth early on so since she is making seeds I lollipop trimmed her up..
View attachment 360451View attachment 360452

Pheno 1 branched out nicely, her seeds will be kept separate.. also getting painted with OK pollen
View attachment 360453View attachment 360454
Go to the Beans from Carty thread we want some of your input

They look nice
They sure have turned around a bit. The flowering plants are putting on a tiny bit of weight and
starting to finish... hopefully they'll add a lot more in the next few weeks. I've had some Autos do just
that..
Pretty sure the biggest issue with these is that they do not like the light schedule of 13/11... but it's the
light schedule I can run both autos and photos on.. what I started doing was pulling the big girls out during the dark period and putting them in the shower for daylight via window... perked them right up...

I know I just posted photos, but these new ones show reactions to training methods.

The WW I just bent over... still in the 2 x 2 x 4 tent and doing this keeps all the plants at same
height, even canopy..
IMG_20240813_223713.jpg
IMG_20240813_223615.jpg
IMG_20240813_223539~2.jpg
IMG_20240813_223647.jpg

So that plant ya thought was stressed by to much leaf removal...is that in 13/11 too?

I like that idea for autos and photos grown together but it will certainly slow down bud devolvement on a budding photo wouldn't ya think?

I just made a timer error few weeks ago. Had my big tent running 13/11 somehow...I'm a stoner and make mistakes..lol. Anyways, it really slowed down my big C99 girl. Damn near halted bud devolvement for two weeks. I was wondering what was going on and then I found the error. Weird how just one hour changes things. At a solid 12/12 I'm seeing her start to finish. My calendar says she's 8 wks but in reality them buds are closer to 6-7wks. Won't be ready till early Sept sometime.

It began as a mistake and noticed both types did well... 13/11... some guys experiment with flipping on 14/10 to slowly induce flowering, week later. 13/11... week later 12/12... last week of flower... 11/13..
Attempting to mimic the great outdoors in every way... waking plants up slowly with a small light first half hour then the big lights come on, same at last half hour of the light cycle... turn off big light or crank dimmer all the way down.... didn't notice enough difference to make all that work worth it, but, now we know...

Been doing the dawn/dusk lighting ever since I started growing indoors. I used some cheap T8's, double bulb, two fixtures, one on one side and one on the other of the MH/HPS main lights. They come on a half hour before the mains kick in and go off a half hour after the mains shut down.

It began as a mistake and noticed both types did well... 13/11... some guys experiment with flipping on 14/10 to slowly induce flowering, week later. 13/11... week later 12/12... last week of flower... 11/13..
Attempting to mimic the great outdoors in every way... waking plants up slowly with a small light first half hour then the big lights come on, same at last half hour of the light cycle... turn off big light or crank dimmer all the way down.... didn't notice enough difference to make all that work worth it, but, now we know...

I'd have to agree. It sounds like a cool idea but I've seen others try this. I kinda see it as maybe it makes the grower feel like they are doing positive things to their grow. It won't hurt the plants. But I've never seen any major benefits in it.

Now the ones that want to incorporate a MOON PHASE into the grow....well, don't do that. We love our plants to much sometimes. Our manic minds take over...it's madness I tell ya.

Latest posts

Back