Beans from Carty

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good question... I lived in Vegas 25yrs and I lived all over, cannot think of a single memory of a basement.. I"ve seen 2 car garages converted into rooms like a basement, but most homes don't have them but have attics.. not sure why, I find humans silly. why do we choose to even live above ground.. how much do we spend a month trying to create a livable atmosphere of 72f. Me, $145.
If we countersunk our homes halfway, piped cool air in at ground level of 55f, we'd never pay for heat or A/C again.. or for that matter a fridge.. maybe a freezer. lol.

If I won the lottery, I'd build me a custom home in AZ outside of Sedona... I'd find a Mtn side and recess my home into the mountain so all you could see is the front facia that would be facing East for sunrise and not the hotter afternoon heat.

Nice... lol

My apologies I somehow missed the context.

Wonder why there aren’t more basement type setups in New Mexico though. I would want one
Our storms are few and far between. Our bad weather consists of a dust cast for the most part. No tornadoes no hurricanes and only about 2-3 thunderstorms a year. When we get them they are the damaging kind.

Our storms are few and far between. Our bad weather consists of a dust cast for the most part. No tornadoes no hurricanes and only about 2-3 thunderstorms a year. When we get them they are the damaging kind.
Vegas was the same way, and when it would rain it would flood the city.. me and my buddy would head straight to Ceasars Palace, their parking lot would be under 2ft of water. we'd make bank getting cars out of it, some with distributor caps got wet and we could fix it for $20..

GDP auto.
Nice pink/red/purple coming in already.
20240708_200741.jpg
20240708_200757.jpg

I did get some pollen on her from the purple sacked male GDP, so hoping those massive bracts have seeds 🙏🏼
Look at you bragging about your massive purple sacs... Size is everything sometimes huh? hahaha. If you do get some seeds off of those... pop as many as possible, this is where the fun begins.. And the only really true way to do a full on pheno search is by starting as many as possible.
yes, so she's a she... but is she the prettiest of the she's.. taking your breeding to the next level...
Using 3 males to hit your best favorite female is the beginning of goodness.. Her offspring is where the fun begins and the search too. Using multiple males assures all the plants genetics get passed along... choosing one female begins the isolation of all seeds being close in appearance.
Collect pollen and from that point on you can paint pollen on by hand starting backcrossing... this is really where stabilizing a strain begins.. Granddaddy Purple F3 bx1 is what that would be... each time you choose your favorite female and hit her with the pollen you increase it to bx2 and so on... do this a few times and almost every seedling will look the same..
Im jealous non of the 12 or 15 I grew were purple. Half were males which I culled
That sucks... and hermie issues. Jan, I'd almost say either your soil or foods is contributing to this issue..
Stressing a plant before it sexes can cause both males and hermie issues to appear. not sure if temps do, imagine very hot temps would but you know that.

When are you starting your feed program and do you start them on full strength?

Look at you bragging about your massive purple sacs... Size is everything sometimes huh? hahaha. If you do get some seeds off of those... pop as many as possible, this is where the fun begins.. And the only really true way to do a full on pheno search is by starting as many as possible.
yes, so she's a she... but is she the prettiest of the she's.. taking your breeding to the next level...
Using 3 males to hit your best favorite female is the beginning of goodness.. Her offspring is where the fun begins and the search too. Using multiple males assures all the plants genetics get passed along... choosing one female begins the isolation of all seeds being close in appearance.
Collect pollen and from that point on you can paint pollen on by hand starting backcrossing... this is really where stabilizing a strain begins.. Granddaddy Purple F3 bx1 is what that would be... each time you choose your favorite female and hit her with the pollen you increase it to bx2 and so on... do this a few times and almost every seedling will look the same..

That sucks... and hermie issues. Jan, I'd almost say either your soil or foods is contributing to this issue..
Stressing a plant before it sexes can cause both males and hermie issues to appear. not sure if temps do, imagine very hot temps would but you know that.

When are you starting your feed program and do you start them on full strength?
Temps 50/50 is acceptable for m/f ratio. Not complaining. Dang I am glad I got the Pink Mango x GDP clone in rotation. That is some good weed. High last for like 4 hours too.

It sure is, still have over an ounce and the inside of the buds are pink... beautiful weed .

I need to send you some of the GDP x Beast Mode and some of his Double Grape hit by same GDP.. Draig is calling it Double Grape Daddy... his creation, my GDP I got from Cartwright a while back...

Jan.. so what was the end dealio on your Beast Mode.. didn't some Kittens use it for a climbing post shredding it a bit, then a storm? with all that stress watch it close for hermie issues. after all that stress
and it doesn't, most likely a true female a 1/100 plant.. makes a great mom and breeder.

cheers

Collecting pollen from the 2 males. But keeping them in separate containers. I bought some little brushes to brush on the pollen when needed I have a few clones. Hopefully they will make it
It sure is, still have over an ounce and the inside of the buds are pink... beautiful weed .

I need to send you some of the GDP x Beast Mode and some of his Double Grape hit by same GDP.. Draig is calling it Double Grape Daddy... his creation, my GDP I got from Cartwright a while back...

Jan.. so what was the end dealio on your Beast Mode.. didn't some Kittens use it for a climbing post shredding it a bit, then a storm? with all that stress watch it close for hermie issues. after all that stress
and it doesn't, most likely a true female a 1/100 plant.. makes a great mom and breeder.

cheers
Here is beasty. Yes the kittens were jacking it up. I have been spraying them with the hose if they go near it. They are figuring it out. I will watch her. I do not see any seed pods. I will have to try this again I guess. Maybe they are well hidden. I only did 2 branches. But they were really big branches. We will see. The white stuff is DE something is snacking on my outside girls. I went scoarched earth with the DE!
IMG_6763.jpeg
IMG_6764.jpeg
IMG_6766.jpeg
IMG_6767.jpeg
IMG_6768.jpeg
IMG_6769.jpeg

I think from the size of the buds about 4 more weeks but who knows she should have been finished by now. All the shenanigans with the kittens and the weather stalled her for a few weeks at least. Maybe 3, again we will see. I have been giving her blossom and calmag once a week but not at the same time.

That DE. Isn't it bad for your lungs? Does it stick to the trichomes where it would be inhaled when burned? Just curious.

Cool I was just worried about it sticking to you gooey buds,,curing, drying and then smoking.
Kinda like a mosquito in amber sap.😁

No and I tried it in the WW X Trainwreck. It washed off completely. Otherwise the buds would have shown residue after drying. Smokes and rolls normal. I am not worried. I wash my weed though. I wouldn’t recommend it without washing it though.

3 bucket wash system?
It should be but I live in the desert some times its a 6 bucket. I have 3 ready to go. I wash 2 rinses. If the second rinse water is brown. I do 3 more just dump and start over but only rinse.

Latest posts

Back