Carty's Collective Crosses

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It takes about 10 days in a peat plug, in plain water it takes way longer
3-4 Days is all mine ever took.. it was when I got the heat correct that changed everything.

If you run cuttings as your regular way of starting your plants off of a mother plant say....
Heat Mat is the best investment you can make. make sure it has a controller so you can get your temps inside the tray to 78-82f. These temps produce roots....

After I presoak mine, I take a paper towel and wrap it around the Rapid Rooter plug and squeeze it lightly to remove all the excess moisture from it. Moist, NOT WET. is so so key.. I killed so many clones thinking I had to spritz them with water 4x's a day... all the water ran down into the plugs, most clones just stemmed over. root rot... If your roots are developing and not bright white, to wet...

Transpiration: To prevent this from happening, gather up all your upper leaf material and cut it all in half.
reducing transpiration for occurring while it's attempting to root... basically sweating out moisture, by trimming the leaf the plant sends its energy elsewhere... rooting maybe. lol

Ended up with 210 seeds from the GDP I pollinated.
Very nice bro.... and I seen the photo, they look perfect.... this GDP is a real slut, getting around a bit... lol.

Now remember, I'm old and forget stuff, but, is this GDP x Beast Mode F2 ? We could call this one
"The Wonka" version of Purple Beast... hehe. we have the Draig & Lady Zandra version... DLZ and we
have MariJan version..
Need to gather them all up and have someone do a side by side comparison of them all....

3-4 Days is all mine ever took.. it was when I got the heat correct that changed everything.

If you run cuttings as your regular way of starting your plants off of a mother plant say....
Heat Mat is the best investment you can make. make sure it has a controller so you can get your temps inside the tray to 78-82f. These temps produce roots....

After I presoak mine, I take a paper towel and wrap it around the Rapid Rooter plug and squeeze it lightly to remove all the excess moisture from it. Moist, NOT WET. is so so key.. I killed so many clones thinking I had to spritz them with water 4x's a day... all the water ran down into the plugs, most clones just stemmed over. root rot... If your roots are developing and not bright white, to wet...

Transpiration: To prevent this from happening, gather up all your upper leaf material and cut it all in half.
reducing transpiration for occurring while it's attempting to root... basically sweating out moisture, by trimming the leaf the plant sends its energy elsewhere... rooting maybe. lol
Yep I beed to try that. I don't cut the leaves as I read somewhere it doesn't matter one way or another. That person I know k if . Uou I trust
Ended up with 210 seeds from the GDP I pollinated.
It grew on me at least the high did

Thanks Jan.... I was taught by Motarebel.... he used the same chicken rotisserie containers he taught me to use.... they even have weep holes in lids to release excess moisture.. lol. Smaller "soft tissue" cuttings root faster, kept them smaller to fit inside the small domes.

Later on reading up more on choosing mother plants... I discovered that some strains do just fine without the need of a humidity dome. where some wilt overnight, some never do and root up just fine. so I started testing strains this way years ago to find keeper strains.... it's awesome to have a sea of cuttings that will not wilt over. I fell in love.

Dip n Grow... best $10 you can spend... this stuff will root a telephone poll to a cliff side.

Thank you to MariJan for working so many strains that will eventually reach most of us.

The Maui Wowie she has going on is just beautiful, look at the Sativa in the male specimen she is keeping pollen from, cuttings... a strain I picked up from my Island friends.
Maui Male by Jan.jpeg

Here is the female I am spraying with colloidal silver., trying to get fem seeds.
They are wide little buggers aren't they?
The male is in the landfill by now. Although I have his pollen still in the refrigerator.View attachment 360173
Oooh.
If you get her reversed and collect any fem pollen I'd love to trade ya something for a small bit🫣
I'd love to work some Maui Wowie into a few things i have here

Oooh.
If you get her reversed and collect any fem pollen I'd love to trade ya something for a small bit🫣
I'd love to work some Maui Wowie into a few things i have here
I am starting to see tiny balls but no pollen yet. Still spraying her every night at lights out. I will harvest the fem pollen if I ever get it to drop.

Yep I beed to try that. I don't cut the leaves as I read somewhere it doesn't matter one way or another. That person I know k if . Uou I trust

It grew on me at least the high did
I seen a side by side done by a Botanist. The ones without the leaves being cut grew faster and better roots then the cut leaves.
I clone all kinds of stuff. I never cut the leaves. I remove most of them and leave a few full leaves at the top.
To each his own though. Everyone has their way. If it works for them that's all that counts.

I seen a side by side done by a Botanist. The ones without the leaves being cut grew faster and better roots then the cut leaves.
I clone all kinds of stuff. I never cut the leaves. I remove most of them and leave a few full leaves at the top.
To each his own though. Everyone has their way. If it works for them that's all that counts.
I'm curious as to how much they removed in the side by side. Some folks go pretty hardcore with it and damn near strip a plant. It works for them I guess. I think the plant has a lot more to offer.

Ya got a link to whatever it is you read? I'd like to check it out. I'm always open to how others do it.

Let me see if I can find it. I posted it on here awhile back.

Here ya go brother.

https://vanessa-nielsen.com/cut-leaf-tips-of-clones/#:~:text=Cutting leaf tips reduces rooting,at least 3 full leaves.

In short.
The type of rooting hormone used strongly impacts the success and quality of rooting in cannabis. Cutting leaf tips reduces rooting success rate and having three leaves on the clone results in higher root quality than clones with just two leaves. So if you want your clones to develop many roots quickly, take cutting from either the top or bottom of the mother plant that have at least 3 full leaves. Do not cut the leaves, but dip them in synthetic rooting hormone. If you find that your propagation tray is too dense or humidity is too high, it’s better to reduce leaf number than cut the leaf tips

Here ya go brother.

https://vanessa-nielsen.com/cut-leaf-tips-of-clones/#:~:text=Cutting leaf tips reduces rooting,at least 3 full leaves.

In short.
The type of rooting hormone used strongly impacts the success and quality of rooting in cannabis. Cutting leaf tips reduces rooting success rate and having three leaves on the clone results in higher root quality than clones with just two leaves. So if you want your clones to develop many roots quickly, take cutting from either the top or bottom of the mother plant that have at least 3 full leaves. Do not cut the leaves, but dip them in synthetic rooting hormone. If you find that your propagation tray is too dense or humidity is too high, it’s better to reduce leaf number than cut the leaf tips
Thank you, lots of good points in there. Ive done the tip clip before. Now I just leave them alone.

Thank you, lots of good points in there. Ive done the tip clip before. Now I just leave them alone.
All about learning huh? used to clip everything, the more I read the more I preferred to find a strain that needed nothing done to a clone cept a fresh cut at 45* angle and into dirt... then it must not wilt overnight and, never. some will, some need that humidity dome. I prefer not.

All of this is about plant vigor.. after watching this grower on YouTube years ago take like 100 cuttings and root them under flouro tubes, spritzing them once a day... they never wilted and I was like, why not... hahaha.

How you treat your clones to get them to root can really depend on environmental factors... if it works, work it..

All about learning huh? used to clip everything, the more I read the more I preferred to find a strain that needed nothing done to a clone cept a fresh cut at 45* angle and into dirt... then it must not wilt overnight and, never. some will, some need that humidity dome. I prefer not.

All of this is about plant vigor.. after watching this grower on YouTube years ago take like 100 cuttings and root them under flouro tubes, spritzing them once a day... they never wilted and I was like, why not... hahaha.

How you treat your clones to get them to root can really depend on environmental factors... if it works, work it..

Ive used cubes and lite mediums to start clones. Your right. Some want the humidity in those applications..some don't.

This throwing it in a jar of tap water seems to work well for me. After the 45 cut n roughing it up a little, dip in hormone jelly and they do just fine. Never any wilting. May take a few extra days than other methods but it does work.

I threw one clone in water 6 weeks ago. Just a simple cut and nothing more. I wanted to see if it would root...and it has and is still green.

I hear ya mention YouTube all the time. I just can't go there. I'm sure there are many great grows there but I enjoy reading more than videos. Theres enough bro science in the written word. Even more deceiving in a video. Ya gotta pick your poison wherever ya look for info.

To be honest I can see where a new grower would loose their mind with all the info out there. Just a short trip to Facebook and you'll see cannabis groups with all kinds of messed up grows. All wrapped up in misinformation and he said she said stuff. Forgetting the basic needs of a plant. Ya can't bypass the basics.

I'm real curious of how one would cold store clones. Ya got any experience with that Carty?

And I will be making more and more available, if your looking for anything specific ask me... it may just not be listed ok. The goal here is to get good genetics to people as cheap as possible.
..getting started, Carty, at age 75..retired and looking for some relaxation..I'm new at this, but whatever you can do for me..I paid top dollar for seedlings I can't seem to grow..what are we looking at here..I live in New Orleans..I travelled Thailand, Vietnam,Japan and Phillipines and smoked some really good stuff 'bout 55 years ago..

Latest posts

Back