Cloning wars

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
10 days after being cut. The power of Muddy Water (K4L cloning powder) works!!
20240623_122909.jpg

I got my kelp for less the day after I took my last 2 clones. These I put in dirt after dipping them in the clone gel/clone hormone. They seem to he ok. Next time I need a clear cup so I can see what is happening. So far they are stable. It had only been like a week or so. We will see. I will know for sure if they take off like the Pink mango x GDP. Once that thing rooted it was on and popping. Never looking back. The big one is my first successful clone. The 2 smaller ones are about a week. I cant cover them here they mold. They are doing fine with min light at the end of the desk I have them sitting on. The new ones I should have trimmed them better. They look sad but feel fine. They are so close to the dirt they look wilted. They are not. The babies are getting sprayed several times a day
IMG_6625.jpeg
IMG_6618.jpeg

You'll want to get some kind of dome over them imo.
The idea here is to slow down transpiration as much as possible so an ambient temp of 72-74°f and 80-90% rh will be perfect 👌🏼
You can also clip the leaf tips to slow transpiration too

@WonkasTHC do you use a dome on your cloner? I never did. Curious.
I do.
The statement of "aerocloners don't need domes because the stems are always wet" is total B.S imo.
I ran my aerocloner without one at 30-40% rh and they all wilt and die.
Plus it's much much easier to set roots at 80-90% because they transpire so much less that they focus 99% of their energy on making roots rather than trying to transpire.

Last edited:
I gotta try the gal bucket with a air stone thing. Saw a guy somewhere do it. Cheap aero cloner.

It can be done many ways. I think some methods demand more patients than others. Rooting in just a jar of tap takes a bit longer but eventually it works.
IMG_20240413_074152696.jpg

I do keep an open mind when it comes to cloning. I play around with different methods. It's good to stick with what ya know but even better when you discover something new when you venture outside your norm.
IMG_20240222_195409046.jpg

That jar of tap and a clone work best for me so far. Easy and out of the way.

I can't tell you how many things I've cloned outside in dirt. No dome just good ole mother nature. Gotta keep them watered good but I never had a problem. I've also cloned shit just laying it in my fountain.😁
Oh yeah you can clone in almost anything.
Now how quick they root all depends on a couple different things but if you have nothing but time, a lot of methods to try out there lol.

I have one on top of the stove. It's 3 weeks now and no roots but I don't see any major yellowing.

This is just me playing around. This clone was just thrown in the jar with the standard 45° cut. I did not rough up the skin nor put any gel on it. Just change the water every few days.

It's not dying but not rooting either. Curious to see if it will...die or root.
IMG_20240703_081731907.jpg
IMG_20240703_081747239.jpg

I have one on top of the stove. It's 3 weeks now and no roots but I don't see any major yellowing.

This is just me playing around. This clone was just thrown in the jar with the standard 45° cut. I did not rough up the skin nor put any gel on it. Just change the water every few days.

It's not dying but not rooting either. Curious to see if it will...die or root.
View attachment 358620View attachment 358621
It might.
I've never had any luck with that method. Mine always died.

They usually turn yellowish right before rooting so don't toss those yet.
No but My cloning tray cones today so I will try to clone some maui waui again.I think I founf a honking male my biggest one with a ton of pistils I thought fir sure she was a she. she looks like a shim 😢🤷‍♀️😆🤡😂

Latest posts

Back