Beans from Carty

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well there's part of the failed clones problem. Ya need some gel or powder for sure.

I took a clone and just threw it in water. It's still alive but not rooted. I have some clones in the fridge I need to try n root too.

I won't use the plants unless my kid wants them. Just checking out some cloning methods.

This is the crap I bought. It was worse than using just water. At least with water I did get them to root it took like 3 weeks. With this crap they were molding. Or just dting within 3-4 days. It say roots in as soon as 6 days. I cant even get them to last 3 days

Attachments

• IMG_6423.jpeg
    IMG_6423.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6424.jpeg
    IMG_6424.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
It's legit lol.
The sacs are all open, little nanners hanging out and not a spec of pollen. It's really really common with reversals from what ive heard. View attachment 358357
See this is why I like all the info good bad snd ugly. My dumb ass would have been waiting for pollen to drop

See this is why I like all the info good bad snd ugly. My dumb ass would have been waiting for pollen to drop
I just hope mr.GDP dumps his load AFTER I get home from vacation cause I gotta move all the females in my shed while im gone....

Maybe I'll just cut him and stick him in a cup of water in my shed. I can't move my entire garden in there, and of course he's in the 3x6 garden box 🙄

Problem is my indoor crop is flipped so I can do it in there now. Not gonna seed my indoor crop. Nooooope.

This is the crap I bought. It was worse than using just water. At least with water I did get them to root it took like 3 weeks. With this crap they were molding. Or just dting within 3-4 days. It say roots in as soon as 6 days. I cant even get them to last 3 days
I should really teach all of you my proven cloning methods... simple and I get 99% rootings.
Rapid Rooter Plugs
New razor blade, not scissors
Dip n Grow
Hydrogen Peroxide
Distilled Water
Plant starter plus liquid 3-0-0
Rotisserie chicken container
Germinating heat pad

2 cuts on new clone... once to remove from donor, always a few inches below a node region.... place in distilled water with few drops of hydrogen peroxide to prevent pathogens from infecting exposed areas..

2nd cut, 45* angle right thru the branching area node region, rotate 180* and shave 1" of the outside layer of skin off, roots will explode off both sides this way..
Immediately after making the cut, back into the water for a few seconds, into the Dip n Grow solution and Bam, into the RR plug. Now, remove a small chunk of the plug off the bottoms edge, place inside hole..
this prevents the clone from spinning and constantly breaking loose the feeder roots beginning to take.

Note: When placing cutting into RR plug, be sure to press it thru far enough. placing your finger on the bottom, press it thru until it touches your finger..

Why a razor blade and not scissors.
scissors tend to pinch the area you just cut closed unless kept very sharp, better to avoid. using a clean razor blade makes for nice clean cuts and open stems... much safer.

Rotisserie chicken container, hey, you get to eat for a few days and get a humidity dome out of it. Only works on smaller cuttings, but soft root cuts like that root faster. heating pad is to keep the root zone, or bottom of plugs, between 78-82f, perfect for creating roots.

Biggest NOTE: Spritz them once, just once. make sure the RR plugs are not soaked but just moist. if to wet, squeeze lightly in a paper towel. if moisture is needed, lift the lid and spritz the inside lightly... I killed many a cuts over spritzing.... long as it's humid in the dome, your good...but not wet. Kills them fast.

for light, I always used the back of my toilet and bathroom window light... when it got dark, kitchen stove light... I kept it simple. most important, the heat pad.. my success increased double fold.

The Espoma plant starter plus liquid comes in a small pouch and it's just for starting plants... NPK of 3-0-0
and loaded with Mychorrizae it's all you need with Dip n Grow to get plants to take off... but any product like this will work.. mix a solution up, soak your RR plugs in it for a bit, remove and wring them out until moist, not wet. it's all these little things that add to your success....

any questions be glad to help you all have more success...

I should really teach all of you my proven cloning methods... simple and I get 99% rootings.
Rapid Rooter Plugs
New razor blade, not scissors
Dip n Grow
Hydrogen Peroxide
Distilled Water
Plant starter plus liquid 3-0-0
Rotisserie chicken container
Germinating heat pad

2 cuts on new clone... once to remove from donor, always a few inches below a node region.... place in distilled water with few drops of hydrogen peroxide to prevent pathogens from infecting exposed areas..

2nd cut, 45* angle right thru the branching area node region, rotate 180* and shave 1" of the outside layer of skin off, roots will explode off both sides this way..
Immediately after making the cut, back into the water for a few seconds, into the Dip n Grow solution and Bam, into the RR plug. Now, remove a small chunk of the plug off the bottoms edge, place inside hole..
this prevents the clone from spinning and constantly breaking loose the feeder roots beginning to take.

Note: When placing cutting into RR plug, be sure to press it thru far enough. placing your finger on the bottom, press it thru until it touches your finger..

Why a razor blade and not scissors.
scissors tend to pinch the area you just cut closed unless kept very sharp, better to avoid. using a clean razor blade makes for nice clean cuts and open stems... much safer.

Rotisserie chicken container, hey, you get to eat for a few days and get a humidity dome out of it. Only works on smaller cuttings, but soft root cuts like that root faster. heating pad is to keep the root zone, or bottom of plugs, between 78-82f, perfect for creating roots.

Biggest NOTE: Spritz them once, just once. make sure the RR plugs are not soaked but just moist. if to wet, squeeze lightly in a paper towel. if moisture is needed, lift the lid and spritz the inside lightly... I killed many a cuts over spritzing.... long as it's humid in the dome, your good...but not wet. Kills them fast.

for light, I always used the back of my toilet and bathroom window light... when it got dark, kitchen stove light... I kept it simple. most important, the heat pad.. my success increased double fold.
Ya should post this in the clone wars thread. Good stuff

Sad news I found a male Maui and guess which one it is……..well I wanted a male. Be careful what ya wish for. Debating on my next move I have a week or two the balls just started today and there is only a few. I will either repot it and bring it inside to harvest the pollen or just cull it. It is awful big and I am not sure I can even handle this monster inside. Meanwhile I have been spraying the CS on the female to make fems. Too late to change on that one I have been spraying for several days like 4 I think.
IMG_6465.jpeg
IMG_6464.jpeg
IMG_6466.jpeg

Ya could just dig it out of there into smaller pot or 5 gal bucket. Move it where ya want. It'll shock a little prob but should throw some pollen. Just my thoughts..

Latest posts

Back