3rd grow 4 strains of autos in a tent 1000w

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
how often is it neccesary to change the soil, how many grows is it good for?

sundancer245 said:
so you used MG soil, any particular one? have heard bad things about MG soil and have been told to use FFOF....

Yeah most people don't advise MG soil and I wld not advise using the regular MG soil either..this is a special MG they make called Miracle Grow seed starting mix........... 032247507837.jpg it's like 3.50 at Lowes

sundancer245 said:
how often is it neccesary to change the soil, how many grows is it good for?

I only use it once then throw it away at the end of the grow..never thought about reusing it...autos are done in 60-70 days so you don't need to change the soil.. I start out with this as it has nutrients in it for seedlings then like I said I add bloom nutes when they start flowering like week 3-4...

ok i have seen that soil and get alot of stuff at lowes so that will work, i have to drive about and hour to go get ffof for the reg soil and will do that. i was looking at 3gal pots at lowes same as the ones i see in your pics, but also considered 5gal buckets as they are cheaper but require more soil, any thoughts on that? if the bigger the better i could use the 5's, drill holes in the bottom for drain and put them on pans from walmart for .75 a piece or would this be a bad way to go....

sundancer245 said:
ok i have seen that soil and get alot of stuff at lowes so that will work, i have to drive about and hour to go get ffof for the reg soil and will do that. i was looking at 3gal pots at lowes same as the ones i see in your pics, but also considered 5gal buckets as they are cheaper but require more soil, any thoughts on that? if the bigger the better i could use the 5's, drill holes in the bottom for drain and put them on pans from walmart for .75 a piece or would this be a bad way to go....

Yeah if I had the space that is what I wld do...get the buckets and drill drainage holes and put them in cheap tins from walmart...this MG soil is very gentle...If you checkout my current grow you will see that I was using organic MG soil and it was playing havoc with my seedlings...burning them up.. I transplanted to this soil and they are thriving now...

I got that same soil to start off with and was reluctant on using it because of all the bad stuff I was hearing about MG soil...(was just gonna use the FFOF to start with) But now you haved confirmed to me that it is indeed very safe for the seedlings once they germate....quick ? ham, do you add any perlite to it and what is the genetics of snowryder? thanks!~

looks great Ham and thanks alot thats what i'll do five gal buckets are cheap if not free :D souds like you germ in cups of water? heard so many ways dont know which to go with lol :confused: you start them in small cups i see when you put them in soil, do you go from there to a midsize pot or right to their full size...

uptosumpn said:
I got that same soil to start off with and was reluctant on using it because of all the bad stuff I was hearing about MG soil...(was just gonna use the FFOF to start with) But now you haved confirmed to me that it is indeed very safe for the seedlings once they germate....quick ? ham, do you add any perlite to it and what is the genetics of snowryder? thanks!~

I don't add anything to it...it is very light and fluffy and once you get it moist it kind of reminds me of Rapid Rooter plugs...very spongy which seems to be good for getting the seedlings to pop through the soil....SnowRyder is Lowryder x SnowWhite.....some sites say snow white is White Widow but I am not sure about that...

sundancer245 said:
looks great Ham and thanks alot thats what i'll do five gal buckets are cheap if not free :D souds like you germ in cups of water? heard so many ways dont know which to go with lol :confused: you start them in small cups i see when you put them in soil, do you go from there to a midsize pot or right to their full size...

I go from the blue cups to their final pots...As for germing I had a lot of troubles this current grow but I soaked the beans in water for 12 hours and then planted them in the MG soil mix and kept them moist..they popped in like a day and a half to 2 days...

awesome, that will save us $$$...how long do you let the autos go in the cups before transplanting to the full size pots? also have a q on soil, the bags are listed as dry qts, so say i need to fill 5 gal buckets which is 20qts can i figure that straight up or will i actually need more material for each container so they are full once wetted....

sundancer245 said:
awesome, that will save us $$$...how long do you let the autos go in the cups before transplanting to the full size pots? also have a q on soil, the bags are listed as dry qts, so say i need to fill 5 gal buckets which is 20qts can i figure that straight up or will i actually need more material for each container so they are full once wetted....

I let the autos go in the blue cups till they are about 4 inches or so...I am not sure on the soil... I know it will compact a bit after being watered so you might want to grab a bag or two extra...i just fill the pots to the top then after it compacts from being watered I add more on top or wait till the soil dries out and add the extra soil to the bottom...

So the compacted soil doesn't slow down growth? because I heard/read that compacted soil isnt good for young plants? Maybe spraying them with a spray bottle?? And/or covering the top soil with perlite or clay pebbles so the soil retains moisture better and does not compact the soil, which enables the roots to grow/spread to the top.... Oh, whats the genetics of snow white then?

cool cool, sounds like what i planned to buy will be just right...this will help me alot for figuring what i need to get started....thanks a ton!

uptosumpn said:
So the compacted soil doesn't slow down growth? because I heard/read that compacted soil isnt good for young plants? Maybe spraying them with a spray bottle?? And/or covering the top soil with perlite or clay pebbles so the soil retains moisture better and does not compact the soil, which enables the roots to grow/spread to the top.... Oh, whats the genetics of snow white then?

No when this soil compacts it does not become real tight...it stays spongy which is why it is great for seedlings...it actually promotes root growth...

Not sure what the genetics of Snow White are...I looked and saw where someone said it that snow white is actually white widow..but I don't know if that is true...

Here is what Attitude says:"Snow White is one of the finest strains within the White´s family. The greasy pure Indica father gives Snow White a denser statue than its close relative, White Widow. This F1 hybrid is a big yielder with dense sticky buds covered in trichomes. Well suited for both hydro and soil growing systems. Its great smooth taste and a powerful indica buzz make this strain a nice Widow variation."

{{{{{ Attitude says:"Snow White is one of the finest strains within the White´s family. The greasy pure Indica father gives Snow White a denser statue than its close relative, White Widow. This F1 hybrid is a big yielder with dense sticky buds covered in trichomes. Well suited for both hydro and soil growing systems. Its great smooth taste and a powerful indica buzz make this strain a nice Widow variation."}}}}

That's what I needed to hear! How much did you yield off of snowryder? and how was the taste/smoke?
and thanks for that info on the soil compacting stuff!!!

we are waiting on five auto ak-47, heard it is a good starter strain, easy to grow

amazing looking buds hamster, looks lie you wet them and dropped em in a sack of sugar.Bet they are a sweet smoke.

sundancer245 said:
we are waiting on five auto ak-47, heard it is a good starter strain, easy to grow

I hve not grown the ak-47 but hve heard great things about them...good yield and good smoke...

uptosumpn said:
{{{{{ Attitude says:"Snow White is one of the finest strains within the White´s family. The greasy pure Indica father gives Snow White a denser statue than its close relative, White Widow. This F1 hybrid is a big yielder with dense sticky buds covered in trichomes. Well suited for both hydro and soil growing systems. Its great smooth taste and a powerful indica buzz make this strain a nice Widow variation."}}}}

That's what I needed to hear! How much did you yield off of snowryder? and how was the taste/smoke?
and thanks for that info on the soil compacting stuff!!!

I believe the yield off the snowryders was just under 2 ounces dry on average..the RRF's averaged over 2...the smoke on the SnowRyder was real good too...middle of the road as far as effects...not to much couch lock and a nice cerebral high as well...it did not put me to bed like the White Dwarfs but it can be smoked before bed and you don't lie in bed awake for an hour or two either...

frankcos said:
amazing looking buds hamster, looks lie you wet them and dropped em in a sack of sugar.Bet they are a sweet smoke.

Thanks frankcos...I just wish they had yielded more..but that's my fault for experimenting with the planters....

Latest posts

Back