Second Grow Godfather strain

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont think you have 2 phenotypes the leaf structure looks the same, I had the same thing happen with my grow one stretched and one was bushy both have same leaf structure same pheno :smoke1:

I dont think you have 2 phenotypes the leaf structure looks the same, I had the same thing happen with my grow one stretched and one was bushy both have same leaf structure same pheno :smoke1:

so would it be ok to top the taller one where I indicated kind of wanna keep them a little closer in size than they are now

Yeah you can top the other one where you want. They could possibly be different pheno in structure if they both came from seed. Or it could be an anomaly in the genetics or something that happened in the seeds or one seed got buried a little deeper than the other and that allowed one to take off a little faster. Lots of things can affect that. Also, If those seeds are not Femmed seeds then the taller one could very well be a male plant. Male plants tend to grow straight up tall and lanky, AND its possible that even if they are Femmed seeds that the taller plant could be a male.

Yeah you can top the other one where you want. They could possibly be different pheno in structure if they both came from seed. Or it could be an anomaly in the genetics or something that happened in the seeds or one seed got buried a little deeper than the other and that allowed one to take off a little faster. Lots of things can affect that. Also, If those seeds are not Femmed seeds then the taller one could very well be a male plant. Male plants tend to grow straight up tall and lanky, AND its possible that even if they are Femmed seeds that the taller plant could be a male.

it's a fem seed so if it's a male I will be a little upset and very disappointed ��. I'm gonna top it and keep a very close eye on it. Fingers crossed. And yes they are both from seed.

Son of a pickle sniffer, so mine might be a male i will be so mad I thought fem seeds where only female what is the percentages on this?

Yeah, even with femmed seeds by top breeders, there is still a chance for a male chromosome to get through. That is the wonderful nature of nature. As Jeff Goldblum said in the first Jurassic park movie, "nature finds a way".

MJ is a very resilient plant that will grow like madness when the environment is right. It never ceases to amaze me :)

They both look like they are doing fine. What you do with them at this point depends on what you want to accomplish. And its very important to figure them for your flowering space. If you want to let them go like they are, they will rise up from there according to their genetic propensity. But if you want to "bush" them out more to fill in more available floor area, you can do that right now as well.

I'm trying to determine when I wanna flip them at this point to 12/12. You don't think the bushy one is gonna be too bushy, like wont it be hard for the light to get to the inside near the main stem. I'm not sure exactly what to trim off, I know they need there big fan leaves to do the majority of the light processing but other than that I have no idea.

You have to wait to flip them when they are ready, when the nodes begin alternating. When they are ready, they may be the size you want or they may be bigger or smaller than you want. They can get very bushy or not so much depending on the strain genetics. I wouldn't worry too much at this point about them getting too bushy.

If that happens, you can go in and remove as many branches as you want to allow more light to penetrate the canopy. Or you could encourage the branching as I do and then set a grid screen over them and do scrog. Or you could allow them to continue to bush up. There are many options for you but it depends on the amount of space you have to flower them, how high the ceiling is in that space, and how much light you have.

I'm trying to determine when I wanna flip them at this point to 12/12. You don't think the bushy one is gonna be too bushy, like wont it be hard for the light to get to the inside near the main stem. I'm not sure exactly what to trim off, I know they need there big fan leaves to do the majority of the light processing but other than that I have no idea.

only growig 5 years now. found that leaf shoots pop about every 1/2 to 3/4 in. using t5 s. Always Very bushy.when they hit the tent, theyre about 12 in. tall then, i still use veg. bulbs for 1 more week to 10 days max.
I pinch then because this is when the real stretch begins. new leaf/ branch shoots pop every 2 to 6 inches apart. BIG difference. then i switch to hps flower bulbs. they are about 24 in. tall at this point. they finish between 3 to 5 1/2 feet. huge buds. VERY happy with indoor results. felt like chatting. good luck. when i tried pinching at 6 in. i got some real dwarfs.

only growig 5 years now. found that leaf shoots pop about every 1/2 to 3/4 in. using t5 s. Always Very bushy.when they hit the tent, theyre about 12 in. tall then, i still use veg. bulbs for 1 more week to 10 days max.
I pinch then because this is when the real stretch begins. new leaf/ branch shoots pop every 2 to 6 inches apart. BIG difference. then i switch to hps flower bulbs. they are about 24 in. tall at this point. they finish between 3 to 5 1/2 feet. huge buds. VERY happy with indoor results. felt like chatting. good luck. when i tried pinching at 6 in. i got some real dwarfs.

The one I have I topped because it was already a foot tall and only two weeks old, the bushy one I topped first just to see if I Could do it right.... Which I didn't ended up FIM-Ing it instead but no biggie.

TO HUSH PUPPY: the ceiling in that closet is 9 ft tall. And right now I have about 12,000 lumens I have a piece of mylar across the top so I'm not trying to light a whole bunch of space that I'm not using yet

Yeah like Grasshopper said, when they are under floros, they will be short and the nodes will stay tight, but once they hit the flower period, they will stretch out at least some. And the bud growth will continue to grow up and stretch toward the light. I would say continue just like you are for another 2wks at least. You have room for growth and stretch, so you are good. As I said before, if you get branching that is too tall or wide, you can snip out the branches to shorten them or to completely remove them, right up to the time before going into flower.

Most of us do a method called lollipopping, which is done just before and during the first couple weeks of flower. This is to remove any of the smaller/lower branches that will not reach the light. That will open up the area under the canopy for air movement and it removes branches that just take energy from the top of the plant where the best buds are going to grow.

Yeah like Grasshopper said, when they are under floros, they will be short and the nodes will stay tight, but once they hit the flower period, they will stretch out at least some. And the bud growth will continue to grow up and stretch toward the light. I would say continue just like you are for another 2wks at least. You have room for growth and stretch, so you are good. As I said before, if you get branching that is too tall or wide, you can snip out the branches to shorten them or to completely remove them, right up to the time before going into flower.

Most of us do a method called lollipopping, which is done just before and during the first couple weeks of flower. This is to remove any of the smaller/lower branches that will not reach the light. That will open up the area under the canopy for air movement and it removes branches that just take energy from the top of the plant where the best buds are going to grow.

Lollipopping huh? I Will research that a bit I've heard of it but that's it. Thanks for the info.

so I'm getting excited cause its getting close to winter here in new England might as well already be, but anyways yeah my house gets infested with lady bugs, infested in this case is not a bad thing especially since I've been have a little problem with this little fly buggies you can barley see. So I'm hoping that will remedy that because I'm trying not to use chemicals unless I absolutely have too they don't seem to have had any effect on my plants yet but they need to go before they do.

JUST PICTURE UPDATES.. How do I move this thread over to grow journal, I feel like that may be more or less what this thread has become

Latest posts

Back