Second Grow Godfather strain

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That light you linked.. that's the cheap junk, all bundled up I was telling you to avoid in previous convo's :D

oh didn't realize you meant those too. I can't find my notebook with all the handy links you have me. I wanna go with the Hps lights though instead of led.

Its to bad there isnt a local hydro shop close to you, they are really great resources exp for the little things

I actually do have a hydro store near but they don't have much of a selection for lighting everything had to be ordered in. I can do that from home lol.

That seems a little silly to have a store without equipment in it lol stores around me have **** stacked to the ceiling, and by **** i mean raptor hoods and quantum ballasts, etc...

That seems a little silly to have a store without equipment in it lol stores around me have **** stacked to the ceiling, and by **** i mean raptor hoods and quantum ballasts, etc...

I'm in new England they are still going around here with the laws, exactly where I'm at, it's not illegal but not exactly legal. The store is fairly new

I am in Ma. Its legal for me because i have a license, there are a ton of shops in ma that carry really good equipment, depending on where in New engand you are. We have a legalization ballot in 2016

I am in Ma. Its legal for me because i have a license, there are a ton of shops in ma that carry really good equipment, depending on where in New engand you are. We have a legalization ballot in 2016

CT I'm working on getting a license now, really expensive this state will get for everything and anything they can.

CT I'm working on getting a license now, really expensive this state will get for everything and anything they can.

MA is only 30 hour away at least, so it could be worth the drive I forget how close states are up here I'm from FL, so yeah that could be worth the trip.

that hilarious the guy i got clones from came up from florida also, if you are close to Rhode island look up rihydroponics in woonsocket, if your close to worcester ma or the 395 corridor then you have several options

that hilarious the guy i got clones from came up from florida also, if you are close to Rhode island look up rihydroponics in woonsocket, if your close to worcester ma or the 395 corridor then you have several options

I'm honestly like in the middle.

Well it kinda sucks being stuck where you can't get what you need locally, its great that you can order it online but nothing is better then walking in talking with someone about your thoughts and getting advice. I have a place within 10 minutes and many other choices when travel an hour. But once you get the room together then the trips get fewer and fewer to the stores.

As a matter of fact i think he is selling a couple light packages i think he has a 1000w, 600w, and 400w setup he is looking to sell. let me get the specs ill post it here for ya

As opposed to DGF, I think that that light will do you just fine. Most HID systems come like that with the ballast, reflector, bulbs, and some misc things in one package. When I talk about complete systems, I am talking about the ones that run about a thousand or more and include everything--things like a tent (that might not be the right size), a fan (that may just be a duct booster fan and not a real exhaust fan), nutes you may not want, etc. This looks like a well priced HPS that will provide you with what you will need. However, you are going to need an exhaust fan. Something like this: [ame]http://www.amazon.com/VenTech-VT-IF-6-B-Variable-Controller/dp/B005KMPN0K/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1443971879&sr=8-5&keywords=6%22+exhaust+fan[/ame]

I find that I get far better prices from Amazon than I can get from the hydro store that is about 60 miles away. In fact, I don't frequent it as we are in an illegal state and it just seems too easy for the cops to watch it. And if you have Prime, you can get a whole lot of stuff in 2 days--one day shipping is only a few bucks more if it is an emergency. In addition, a lot of grow store people do not grow and do not know sh*t (that is not a swear word if you are a plumber). They sell what they are told to sell, usually depending on what some slick manufacturer's rep can talk them into. Not a big fan of grow stores and their employees....

Glad to hear that you will also be getting some more seeds started. I see no reason to drive 30 hours for anything. You can get pretty much everything you need online.

As opposed to DGF, I think that that light will do you just fine. Most HID systems come like that with the ballast, reflector, bulbs, and some misc things in one package. When I talk about complete systems, I am talking about the ones that run about a thousand or more and include everything--things like a tent (that might not be the right size), a fan (that may just be a duct booster fan and not a real exhaust fan), nutes you may not want, etc. This looks like a well priced HPS that will provide you with what you will need. However, you are going to need an exhaust fan. Something like this: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005KMPN0K/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

I find that I get far better prices from Amazon than I can get from the hydro store that is about 60 miles away. In fact, I don't frequent it as we are in an illegal state and it just seems too easy for the cops to watch it. And if you have Prime, you can get a whole lot of stuff in 2 days--one day shipping is only a few bucks more if it is an emergency. In addition, a lot of grow store people do not grow and do not know sh*t (that is not a swear word if you are a plumber). They sell what they are told to sell, usually depending on what some slick manufacturer's rep can talk them into. Not a big fan of grow stores and their employees....

Glad to hear that you will also be getting some more seeds started. I see no reason to drive 30 hours for anything. You can get pretty much everything you need online.

yeah sorry I meant thirty min. Think i Was stoned prob was gonna put half an hour and it got switched to 30 min lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry THG, I'm a strong believer in "you get what you pay for" and there's just SOME things you should not settle on.. and for me, a ballast is one of them. I try to stay on the higher class side of that and mid class for bulb. Never low.. but surely know some people with good experience with "iPower" and such. I just wouldn't do it. Or should I say, I won't do it again. When I went for my second setup, I got a 600w package. Ballast stopped firing after 48 hours, and I had to do a full return through Amazon. Worked out in the end, but pain in the ***. I vowed I'd never buy cheap ballasts again!

So .. yeah, there it is lol :) Some people can get away with it, I shall never take the chance!

DGF what brand ballast do you use?

Personally, I have two Galaxy 600w ballasts, one Quantum 600w ballast and one Lumatek 600w ballest. For bulbs, I go with "middle of the road" and get Ultra Sun.

Very nice i have one quantum II 600 and one digital greenhouse 600 both adjustable I have extrasun hps bulbs and agromax mh

Latest posts

Back