Godfather OG Quadline Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T_Dub

Reaction score
Good Day! It’s good to see so many familiar names still here on MP. Hello again and sorry for the delayed absence.

I’ve totally given up on trying to grow in summer since I vent my tent indoors, so I’ve taken a summer leave from growing. It’s simply too much heat and humidity for my house. Now that the cooler weather is back, it seems like a good time to fire up the grow tent. I’m going to simplify my grow by limiting myself to one tent….no more 2x2 tents scattered in the grow room. That should greatly reduce the heat and humidity in my grow room.

I’m also splitting my free time on growing and on learning guitar….hopefully those two hobbies will be enough to keep me occupied this winter. I am 8 months into learning guitar chords and I am slow and absolutely terrible! Hope to be slightly faster and less terrible by the end of winter.

I see people growing up to 4 plants in a 2x4 tent, but I’m trying to avoid overcrowding….so I will stick to 2 plants and leave room for my tower fans. I wish I had planted three seeds and I may plant a third seed later today. I’m ok with not maximizing the space if it means good airflow….but a third plant should fit in the 2x4 nicely.

Photos to follow once the seeds sprout. They are currently on day 3 in small pots with coco. (No sprout yet)

Tent: 2x4 AC Infinity Tent
Lights: 2 320 watt 3VL Timber Grow Lights dimmed down considerably for most of the grow
Strain: Godfather OG (only 2 plants)
Medium: Fox Farm Coco Loco
Container: AC Infinity 5 gallon fabric pot and AC Infinity self-watering wick base
Plant Training: Quadlining and possibly SCROG net.
Fertilizer: General hydroponics flora series. (Possibly Lucas formula again)
Supplements: Seaweed Extract / silica
Controller: AC Infinity environment controller including humidifier (I will experiment with target VPD this time)

Hope to have photos in a few days with seedlings by next week. See you around…..

Welcome to the passion. I recognize your name, but I’m not sure if it’s from the cabana or from overgrow back in the day. Either way we have a great group of people here and are more than happy to share knowledge and other essential items… I’m looking forward to seeing what you have to show us

'bout time ya showed back up! Glad to hear you've got another grow starting. I'm with ya on the plant count. Sometimes less is more.
Welcome to the passion. I recognize your name, but I’m not sure if it’s from the cabana or from overgrow back in the day. Either way we have a great group of people here and are more than happy to share knowledge and other essential items… I’m looking forward to seeing what you have to show us

Thanks Hippie and Boo for the welcome. It’s good to be back….even with my simplified grow. Hope to have more to contribute to the site this year.

Good Day! It’s good to see so many familiar names still here on MP. Hello again and sorry for the delayed absence.

I’ve totally given up on trying to grow in summer since I vent my tent indoors, so I’ve taken a summer leave from growing. It’s simply too much heat and humidity for my house. Now that the cooler weather is back, it seems like a good time to fire up the grow tent. I’m going to simplify my grow by limiting myself to one tent….no more 2x2 tents scattered in the grow room. That should greatly reduce the heat and humidity in my grow room.

I’m also splitting my free time on growing and on learning guitar….hopefully those two hobbies will be enough to keep me occupied this winter. I am 8 months into learning guitar chords and I am slow and absolutely terrible! Hope to be slightly faster and less terrible by the end of winter.

I see people growing up to 4 plants in a 2x4 tent, but I’m trying to avoid overcrowding….so I will stick to 2 plants and leave room for my tower fans. I wish I had planted three seeds and I may plant a third seed later today. I’m ok with not maximizing the space if it means good airflow….but a third plant should fit in the 2x4 nicely.

Photos to follow once the seeds sprout. They are currently on day 3 in small pots with coco. (No sprout yet)

Lights: 2 320 watt 3VL Timber Grow Lights dimmed down considerably for most of the grow
Container: AC Infinity 5 gallon fabric pot and AC Infinity self-watering wick base
Controller: AC Infinity environment controller including humidifier (I will experiment with target VPD this time)

Hope to have photos in a few days with seedlings by next week. See you around…..
My last grow was the godfather OG. It was really top shelf (and I smoke a lot of weed and can tell the difference) so I’m hoping yours will be too. Looking forward to watching your grow.

Thanks Hippie and Boo for the welcome. It’s good to be back….even with my simplified grow. Hope to have more to contribute to the site this year.
Brother, things change as we get older. I built a really nice grow and had 100 plants rocking it and then for reasons I did not expect I shut down… I just recently went back to a 5 x 5 tent and I don’t see that changing for the here after. I am too old to spend most of my time in the garden… I have other hobbies that are much worse on my back, and for some reason that’s where I seem to gravitate to

Welcome back.

What seed company are your GF'rs from? Pulling up a chair, cant wait to watch. I have a slightly similar situation with drying and curing. I have no place to dry out a couple plants in the middle of the summer. Harvesting in late December is way different thank goodness for me.
What kind of guitar? I been playing around with mine for years and haven't made it much past beginner stage. I learned the most before my last break from it watching marty music on youtube. I have progressed a little farther with my weed growing hobby than picking and strumming. Most of mine minus the Ibenez. - - Hahaha Look at the dust on them beeches. I get caught up with everything outdoors and I am going to start that back up too. This very pull off my bowl is dedicated to your good fortune with this current grow. Puff-Puff-Cough :32110marijuana:

Attachments

• Guitars.jpeg
    Guitars.jpeg
    518.7 KB · Views: 0
Welcome back.

What seed company are your GF'rs from? Pulling up a chair, cant wait to watch. I have a slightly similar situation with drying and curing. I have no place to dry out a couple plants in the middle of the summer. Harvesting in late December is way different thank goodness for me.
What kind of guitar? I been playing around with mine for years and haven't made it much past beginner stage. I learned the most before my last break from it watching marty music on youtube. I have progressed a little farther with my weed growing hobby than picking and strumming. Most of mine minus the Ibenez. - - Hahaha Look at the dust on them beeches. I get caught up with everything outdoors and I am going to start that back up too. This very pull off my bowl is dedicated to your good fortune with this current grow. Puff-Puff-Cough :32110marijuana:

Thank you Bugus, my Godfather OG seeds are from Pacific Seedbank. They get some mixed reviews but my one experience with them was very good. I had them stored in a vacuum sealed jar in a refrigerator and they seem slow to germinate….fingers crossed they make it. I’m never too sure of the best way to store seeds.

As far as guitars go, I’m using a Gretsch 5622 and a Fender Stratocaster depending on the day. I’m signed up for every training app under the sun (simply guitar, yousician, guitar tricks, fender guitar, ultimate guitar chords and Guitar Tuna) plus a guitar instructor and I’m still learning slowly. Im a true beginner with a lot of free time this winter to practice. Also using a Positive Grid Spark to play along with music to some degree….Flower recommended that amplifier and it’s a lot of fun. (I see you run a humidifier with your guitars…..that’s smart. I need to do that).

Glad to see you @T_Dub , I noticed you hadn’t been on in a while. I hope you have been wearing that Spark out during your absence.

Thank you Flower. I’m loving the Spark….even purchased the tiny Spark Go for travel. Thanks for the tip!!

Welcome back. It is always good to take some time off.
DUB Man Good to see you, how did the guitar strings I sent make out. Good to see you back at it.
Welcome back T Dub. Good to see ya hanging out again.
Welcome to the site bro.
Thank you again for all of the warm welcomes! It feels really good to be back! I’ll try to update my grow weekly if these seeds ever decide to sprout. (I’m becoming impatient with them).

My last grow was the godfather OG. It was really top shelf (and I smoke a lot of weed and can tell the difference) so I’m hoping yours will be too. Looking forward to watching your grow.

Yes, i agree Subbie. I grew Godfather OG last winter and regretted only having one plant. It turned out to be my favorite too, so I’m hopeful that these seeds are still viable.

Nice to see you back and with new interests too. Maybe one day we can hear you play. Do you sing too? I strum the ukulele and sing loud and ugly when I’m alone as a sideline 😁. My fingers are crossed on your GFOG seedlings ✌️🥰
Thanks Subbie! I’ll save everyone from the pain and avoid any playing or singing. I recorded my playing a few times and it’s terrible when I play it back.

I see that you run 4 plants in your 2x4. Is that still your preference? The most I’ve ever run in this size is three, but I’m open to trying new things. I assumed I could fill a scrog net quickly with three plants.

Thanks Subbie! I’ll save everyone from the pain and avoid any playing or singing. I recorded my playing a few times and it’s terrible when I play it back.

I see that you run 4 plants in your 2x4. Is that still your preference? The most I’ve ever run in this size is three, but I’m open to trying new things. I assumed I could fill a scrog net quickly with three plants.
2 plants in a 2x4 would fill it up with probably close to the same harvest as 4 if topped and vegged long enough. I think 3 is perfect but I have a habit of overcrowding. I don’t do bad with four but it takes a bit more defoliation to ensure the leaves are not touching each other or shading anything in flower also good ventilation is essential.

well at least play and sing to your plants. They are very forgiving and love string music 😊

Good luck on the guitar I pick a little but I have forgot almost as much as I have learned through the years. Life gets busy and I want pick one up for months. In high school there wasn’t a day I didn’t have a guitar or a fishing rod in my hand. Some people are exceptionally talented but for the most part you will only get better with lots of practicing and dedication. Good luck practice makes perfect.

Latest posts

Back