Random Thought Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have no tattoos and no piercings. At my age, it's extremely unlikely I ever will, either.

A really geeky little kid at my first duty station got a HUGE eagle tatted all across his chest - armpit to armpit, throat to belly, pretty much. It was hideous, and he just knew his family was gonna hate it. lol

Family was never my concern - I've just never seen anything that really represents me and my life, that I want to live with 'til I die. That's just me, though.
When I came home from boot camp, I had a friend draw a fat Buddha on my stomach just to freak my momma out as a joke. She didn’t find it funny as me tho. I have a picture somewhere, he was a great artist and it looked real. 🤪

I got my ink about 40 years ago. I’ve always wanted a very specific tattoo on my back and I’m still debating whether or not I’m going to do it. It pretty much entails the entire back, but I don’t know that I would get the mileage out of it. I’m going to be 71 in two weeks and I don’t know that makes a lot of sense.
50 years ago, it seemed the only ink that was around was prison blue - LOVE across the right knuckles, HATE across the left.
Now, it's like 'toon colors and shit. Elaborate labyrinths of artwork. REAL, intricate artwork. Still not interested.

Plus...I'm a major skinflint, and tats ain't cheap!

me too
If I was still married I would have gotta tattoo on my ring finger of a band for obvious reasons
Mechanics don't wear jewelry as a rule. My old boss Troy (of Miss Cat fame) actually welded a wedding ring to his finger by inadvertently touching a wrench he was holding to both battery posts - had to go get it cut off surgically. Only took a second, and it left a permanent scar on him.

I had mine on once, and jumped out of a pickup that had drip rails on it. It grabbed my ring as I hopped out and cut my finger enough that it was a done deal. Bruised it, too!

That was it for me. Never have liked any kind of a necklace; watches will not stay in time when I wear them, and that was the last time I had a ring on, or any jewelry for that matter. That would have been in the late '70's.

I'm the same with watches (slave bracelets). Finally figured out that if I had it mounted on one of those leather wristbands where the back of the metal watch didn't touch my skin, it would work.

I used to wear a ring at work 'til I was swinging down off a baker scaffold via a door buck and my ring caught and flipped my ass upside down and I landed folded backwards on the pick. Back looked like a Concord grape. Last time I ever wore a ring to work.

I'm the same with watches (slave bracelets). Finally figured out that if I had it mounted on one of those leather wristbands where the back of the metal watch didn't touch my skin, it would work.

I used to wear a ring at work 'til I was swinging down off a baker scaffold via a door buck and my ring caught and flipped my ass upside down and I landed folded backwards on the pick. Back looked like a Concord grape. Last time I ever wore a ring to work.
I got a Seiko self-winding watch for high school graduation. That was a big deal, because we just didn't have that kind of money, but my folks managed somehow.

It worked fine for about three years. Until...true to form, one of my "friends" stole it from me. Never saw the fvcker again.
Shocker, I know.

I've tried other watches since then, including a good Swiss Army. None of them worked on me. My baby sis was the same way.

I should add; My last act as a working man was to remove my watch and toss it in the dumpster. Haven't worn one since '06 and never will. I'm on Indian time.
Yeah - come to find out, I didn't really need one. My internal clock works just fine.

Plus, there's the house clock, the radio, car clock, and now the phones...

Random thought of the day:
I HATE SNAKES!!!!!
This thought he was moving in! My dog said nope! She got it killed it all I had to do was remove it to the dumpster.
She is a good girl!

Attachments

• IMG_9538.jpeg
    IMG_9538.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9537.jpeg
    IMG_9537.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1882.jpeg
    IMG_1882.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
Random thought of the day:
I HATE SNAKES!!!!!
This thought he was moving in! My dog said nope! She got it killed it all I had to do was remove it to the dumpster.
She is a good girl!
Aww...that's just a Garter Snake isn't it? Too small for your kittens, but they eat bugs and mice and other nasties.
Besides, something tells me mama wouldn't let it get the babbies.

An old friend called me up one time and told me his dachshund had gotten a blue racer, but Rick got it away from him before he did too much damage. Racers are notorious for being biters, but this one never bit me. I took him home and kept him through the winter and as soon as it was warm enough in the spring, I took him out to a pond near a church parking lot to turn him loose. He had three quarters of his body stretched down from my hand, and as soon as his head touched the ground, the little bastard jacked up and nailed me in the thumb! No good deed goes unpunished I guess. Sure was a pretty little guy.

An old friend called me up one time and told me his dachshund had gotten a blue racer, but Rick got it away from him before he did too much damage. Racers are notorious for being biters, but this one never bit me. I took him home and kept him through the winter and as soon as it was warm enough in the spring, I took him out to a pond near a church parking lot to turn him loose. He had three quarters of his body stretched down from my hand, and as soon as his head touched the ground, the little bastard jacked up and nailed me in the thumb! No good deed goes unpunished I guess. Sure was a pretty little guy.
Reminds me of The Scorpion............

"A man saw a snake being burned to death and decided to take it out of the fire. When he did, the snake bit him. The bite caused excruciating pain, the man dropped the snake, and the reptile fell right back into the fire. The man tried to pull it out again and again the snake bit him.

Someone who was watching approached the man and said: Excuse me, but don't you understand that every time you try to get the snake out of the fire, it's going to bite you? Why are you being stubborn?

The man replied: The nature of the snake is to bite, but that's not gonna change my nature, which is to help.

So, with the help of a metal pole, the man took the snake out of the fire and saved its life.

Do not change your nature simply because someone harms you. Do not lose your essence, only take precautions. Worry more about your conscience than your reputation. Your conscience is what you are, and your reputation is simply what others think of you - and what other people think is not your problem... it's theirs."

Author unknown

Latest posts

Back