Members Only

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most people say it’s an “interesting” buzz, so I wanna know what’s so interesting about it, lol.

Got home today to find the lights out in the veg area.
Another timer bit the dust.
Of course, I had another on hand.
Simply switched them out, and threw the bad one in the trash.

I hope SF is similar. I like those strains
I think crash sent me some Supafreak. I haven’t grown it but look forward to your review. I am unlikely to grow it but information is power…😂

I just have a bunch of stuff I want to grow(thanks @Carty). I plan on taking a break this winter(like that is gonna happen😂) as long as my outdoor harvest is even a fraction of what I anticipate. I think I have an outlet for my extra do things may change.

Most people say it’s an “interesting” buzz, so I wanna know what’s so interesting about it, lol.

Got home today to find the lights out in the veg area.
Another timer bit the dust.
Of course, I had another on hand.
Simply switched them out, and threw the bad one in the trash.
I think the interesting part is it is different from the hybrids we all smoke. Everything is 70% this, 30% that or some variation. I only take a hit or two of anything I smoke and I am done for the night. I am interested to hear from people who smoke a lot of it. 😂

Crash also sent me some Super Freak, and some ABC.
I have like 90 different strains now.
I have so many things I wanna pop.
I got a few things calling my name.
Meltdown
Red eye Jedi
Blue Moon Rocks
Black Ogre
Celtic Stone
Molokai Citrus Kush x Ogers
Sour Bluetooth
Temple Flow
Bohdi Yogi
BOG Bubble
Decisions, decisions.

Meltdown
Red eye Jedi
Blue Moon Rocks
Black Ogre
Celtic Stone
Sour Bluetooth
Temple Flow
Bohdi Yogi
BOG Bubble
Decisions, decisions.
I'm growing the Blue Moon Rocks. I have two females. It should be interesting. Neither one has fully revegged so I'm not real sure what I'll get.

At least you'll get a preview of bmr.

Meltdown
Red eye Jedi
Blue Moon Rocks
Black Ogre
Celtic Stone
Sour Bluetooth
Temple Flow
Bohdi Yogi
BOG Bubble
Decisions, decisions.
I got one called Baby Yoda I am itching to grow. I loves me some baby yoda. I keep one in my car. I keep him in the dash hole. Have one on my desk too.

Attachments

• IMG_7522.jpeg
    IMG_7522.jpeg
    1.2 MB
  • IMG_7521.jpeg
    IMG_7521.jpeg
    1.5 MB
Last edited:
I know I have brought this up before, and when I first came up with this idea, I ran it by everyone on here.
The general consensus was that this would work, and it has worked very well.
Once more, I would like to give a run down, because this is saving me a $hit ton of money, which boils down to efficiency, which I believe, as y’all may have figured out from a reply I just left on a different thread a couple of minutes ago, is one of my main goals.
IMG_6538.jpeg
IMG_6537.jpeg

First, let’s look at my plants, because they are exhibit A.
I think everyone would agree that they are the perfect picture of health.
No issues.
IMG_6578.jpeg

I have been recycling the peat/perlite mixture I grow in.
The barrels you see setting under the eave of this shed get continuously flushed with every rain.
IMG_6581.jpeg

The barrel that I am currently sourcing my grow medium from, is the 2nd one I have filled, so I assure you, every plant in my grow, is growing in recycled peat.
IMG_6579.jpeg

This barrel is full, and next in line to be sourced from.
IMG_6580.jpeg

This barrel is the one I am currently filling.
I was a little concerned at first, that I may be inviting severe gnat issues into my grow.
I have had zero issues with that concern, due to the fact that the top few inches of the peat consistently stays too dry for the larvae to thrive.
I have not bought any peat in several months.
My only expenses right now are Jacks, epsom, calcium nitrate, and electricity.
Considering that a 5 lb. bag each of epsom and calnit will probably last me the rest of my life, lol, and the cost of Jacks is next to nothing, well, I believe I have dialed my grow in to be about as efficient as it is gonna get.
Keep in mind, I did say about………..
I got a couple more ideas, lol.

Do you have holes in the bottom of the barrels?I think I recall that you said you do but my memory is full of holes. Thanks for the update. That is a real cost savings. Fking dirt is expensive! I’m gonna give this a go. I think I was one of the doubters(I read that peat acidifies when moist over time). Your plants look like they are living the recycled soil. Thanks again.

Yes, like your memory, the barrels have holes in them, lol.
I also read that peat gets more acidic over time, but that doesn’t necessarily make sense to me.
How many thousands of years does peat lay under ground before it is dug up and put in bags?
What would cause it to get more acidic after doing so?
I say it’s just as good as it ever was after getting flushed with rain water for several months.
Either way, I am super happy with the results I have experienced thus far.
All you need to get started is 3 plastic barrels with holes drilled in the bottom.
Once you have two of them completely full, start using dirt from the 1st one, while you are filling up the 3rd.
Then, you just simply keep the rotation going.
It’s easy to see that not a one of my plants are mad about it, so I say win win.

I think the interesting part is it is different from the hybrids we all smoke. Everything is 70% this, 30% that or some variation. I only take a hit or two of anything I smoke and I am done for the night. I am interested to hear from people who smoke a lot of it. 😂
Yep a few hits usually gets me. The most I smoke is 1/3 of j or Bowl. Usually one, one hitter which I can hit like 3-4 times before its gone. Most of my weed goes in salve and edibles. Just made some potent gummies

Yes, like your memory, the barrels have holes in them, lol.
I also read that peat gets more acidic over time, but that doesn’t necessarily make sense to me.
How many thousands of years does peat lay under ground before it is dug up and put in bags?
What would cause it to get more acidic after doing so?
I say it’s just as good as it ever was after getting flushed with rain water for several months.
Either way, I am super happy with the results I have experienced thus far.
All you need to get started is 3 plastic barrels with holes drilled in the bottom.
Once you have two of them completely full, start using dirt from the 1st one, while you are filling up the 3rd.
Then, you just simply keep the rotation going.
It’s easy to see that not a one of my plants are mad about it, so I say win win.
Yes I have 2 barrells just sitting in my yard now. We dont get rain I would have to flush myself. Right now I just flush the pots At least once a week.

Latest posts

Back