Getting old beans to germinate

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Maui Waui males I was collecting pollen from, got tossed today. The c99 was trying to drop his load outside. Cleaned the grow room in between the Maui and the c99. C99 didn’t miss a beat. Perked right up they did. One male one female. These beans are from 2016. Doing quite well too. I only sprouted them normally nothing special. There would have been 3, but the cat ate one as a seedling. They got my ice princess too. I sprouted 5 cooked 4 like a dumbass and the kittens got. the last one. I will wait to see if my clones take before making more.,I think I am at my limit on plants. I am bummed about my ice princess. Some days my green thumb is not so green😢.
IMG_6939.jpeg

C99 beans from 2016
I crossed her with a very nice looking c99. We will get fresh beans. I also harvested some c99 pollen for a later date. This pollen found its way to a WW photo that is outside. Just a bud or 2 covered it with a ziplock for a few days. Mr c99 also met a nice pineapple skunk. She had a vaca from the heat for 2 weeks inside. I sprayed her with BT the day before I brought her inside. She was pollinating for a full week. She just sat there for a full week.

I'd be real interested in some C99. By itself or crossed with WW.

Once I figure out how to mail clones I'd gladly send ya some flowering or regular clones for some seed..lol
You'd love this DP. I am phasing out the Tangie but I'd clone her for ya if you'd want some.

Other clones on the way are Cap Junky, CapjunkyChem91, strawberry Banana, and once I find the females for the Xmas grow I'll have more.

Once I figure out how to mail clones I'd gladly send ya some flowering or regular clones for some seed..lol
You'd love this DP. I am phasing out the Tangie but I'd clone her for ya if you'd want some.

Other clones on the way are Cap Junky, CapjunkyChem91, strawberry Banana, and once I find the females for the Xmas grow I'll have more.
Clones wont survive the heat from you to me but I will gladly send you seeds. My c99 is about 6 ft and seeded heavily. I will have plenty to share when the time comes. I will ask for addys then. In about 2 months I would say she is starting 3rd week of flower. I think she goes 8-10 weeks. Mid to end of Sept., would be my guess. The scope will tell me. I should gave some Maui Waui fem seeds and c99 x pineapple skunk. Although Maui Waui is a longer flowering strain that may be end of Oct since she is just starting to grow some balls. I have to keep spraying her until I see pollen dropping. Shes a big full nice looking girl. Took this pic this morning. She is inside
IMG_7371.jpeg
with the babies.
IMG_7371.jpeg

So is it the heat your concerned about with clones? It can happen in the winter months. Sounds like a challenge...lol
Yep it might work in winter I used to send out Sour Cream pound cakes to friends at Christmas, but I just don't gave time anymore.

Oh Lawd honey, you may be holding some dynamite in your hands. I love seeing old beans reemerges.
Well as it just so happens I sm growing NL right now and I also have c99 seeded up outside. The only pollen I put outside was c99. I checked a bud this morning they are nit ready yet but that is good. NL has seeds in her nit s ton just s few but c99 x NL is what started me on this adventure. So it looks like I will have c99 seeds, c99 x NL, c99 X WW, and c99 x pineapple skunk. Those all sound fire to me.

C99 is doing great. I accidentally turned into a pollen chucker🤔. At least it is only c99 pollen that has infected my garden. I drug the 2 big honking males to the dumpster. I did keep the lid closed, but it was a long trek to the dumpster from my grow area. It must have been flinging pollen the whole way. The Maui is the only one that looks like she dies not have seeds. It is still early they are in the first few weeks of flower. The Black Alaska Purple seeded, the Black seeded, the WW I did in the grow area with a paint brush is seeded. She was supposed to. The choc haze X Lemon cherry gelato seeded. The C99 seeded intentionally. The pineapple skunk seeded intentionally. Sour Vengeance also seeded. Sour vengeance is fire, and so is C99 cant wait to give her a run. Beast mode seeded. I pollinated him in May, I think so if that took they should be falling out of the pods and they are not. I think we have beast mode x c99 too😢. Only way to know for sure is to grow them out and see. If they are autos they will automatically flower. If I have to flip them the are photos x c99. Oops Lesson learned. Only make one seed at a time and keep them inside. The bud is a pic of Beast
IMG_7530.jpeg
IMG_7536.jpeg
View attachment 360317
IMG_7540.jpeg
IMG_7548.jpeg
IMG_7551.jpeg
IMG_7568.jpeg
IMG_7570.jpeg
IMG_7569.jpeg
IMG_7581.jpeg
mode seeded up

A few of the low seed pods on the c99 are opening and the seeds are falling out. Out winds and the heat. The first ones pollinated, most likely. The rest look good snd no worries. I have a few soaking to see if the early birds are ready or not. In the spring I will have volunteers everywhere…lol

Yeah, very difficult atm because of this heat... not to far off though to be able to mail them priority, usually
2 days. and we have used so many successful methods.. used to overthink it and, you know the plastic freezer molds for making popsicles from koolaid? drop one or two into each hole, wrap in celaphane and
walla... put inside a box. test tubes, or just a bunch of cuttings inside a baggie. NO moisture, turns them into mush.. clones are tough, get them to someone within a few days and most survive just fine.

Love you guys sharing cuttings... best way to share exact plants with your friends

MJ.... be careful. In the one photo I can get your tag#.... just keeping ya safe sister.

and, I want to move in... hahaha. I couldn't imagine having this kind of freedom to grow outside.. can
you imagine what my yard would look like. well yeah, I guess you could.

Awesome sauce

MJ.... be careful. In the one photo I can get your tag#.... just keeping ya safe sister.

and, I want to move in... hahaha. I couldn't imagine having this kind of freedom to grow outside.. can
you imagine what my yard would look like. well yeah, I guess you could.

Awesome sauce
I removed that pic

Latest posts

Back