First photo grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Half way through week 3, hopefully I’m on top off my N problem. I’ve gave them 2 feeds with jacks 202020 to boost the N, thanks for the help guys. Now my next Q, can I carry on with the jacks I have the bloom and I’ll carry on with calmag.

Attachments

• IMG_4372.jpeg
    IMG_4372.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4373.jpeg
    IMG_4373.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Ya can start bloom if ya want to. If I was doing it I'd use 1/4bloom, 1/8veg, 1/4 Epsom.

Using the calcium nitrate makes it easier but a little veg in the mix can't hurt. Jan mixes her stuff sometimes.
Yes sometimes the outside plants get so large I have to give the classic. Just look at your plants and let them tell you what they need. Deficiencies can look similar sometimes. Or the same deficiency will present differently. If you are not sure just ask. Someone will help you. Mine are recovering nicely and the leaves look so much better. 2 are still sad but look sone better. Inside I never had a problem using the bloom or blossom as long as I used the cal mag too. This morning I fed classic on all but 4 they are dark green and don’t need it. plus 2 are starting the flush for the final stage Harvest. Everything got epsom except the 2 I am flushing. My 2 newly seeded plants got everything. You are doing fine. You recognized a problem and reacted. Sometimes it takes a few days to notice improved color.

Yes sometimes the outside plants get so large I have to give the classic. Just look at your plants and let them tell you what they need. Deficiencies can look similar sometimes. Or the same deficiency will present differently. If you are not sure just ask. Someone will help you. Mine are recovering nicely and the leaves look so much better. 2 are still sad but look sone better. Inside I never had a problem using the bloom or blossom as long as I used the cal mag too. This morning I fed classic on all but 4 they are dark green and don’t need it. plus 2 are starting the flush for the final stage Harvest. Everything got epsom except the 2 I am flushing. My 2 newly seeded plants got everything. You are doing fine. You recognized a problem and reacted. Sometimes it takes a few days to notice improved color.

Really there's nothing special in the bloom formula. Just a little lower N.

One could use 202020 the whole cycle with Jack's if needed. But they do need that little extra PK.
I'm checking out masterblend 4-18-38. Same exact thing as Jack's with less N. Ya maintain N levels with calnit. Mag with Epsom.

I love how Jack's works but I'm not closed minded enough to not look at others. I'm just looking for more control. I'll stick with the classic for veg.

5lbs of MB 4-18-38 is $24...Jacks is more expensive.

I have a buddy on another forum using this stuff. He grows some big fat bud. Just like jacks does.

Nope I ran out mid grow more than once and didn't like my results so I switched. It gas not happened with Jacks though. I started it and fell in love. It is easy. GM grows great stuff so I will consider it. Most likely it will be spring before I need more. I have the classic Jacks the CN and the epsom. I get epsom free with my health care credits. Wont be running out of that have like 4-10 pound bags.

Nope I ran out mid grow more than once and didn't like my results so I switched. It gas not happened with Jacks though. I started it and fell in love. It is easy. GM grows great stuff so I will consider it. Most likely it will be spring before I need more. I have the classic Jacks the CN and the epsom. I get epsom free with my health care credits. Wont be running out of that have like 4-10 pound bags.
I think you'd see better results with the bloom if your using calnit. Have ya started using it yet?

I think you'd see better results with the bloom if your using calnit. Have ya started using it yet?
No just git it snd I water in the am. I will have to water this evening too today was windy. They will be dry. I still gave the bloom can use it. The classic helped with all but 2 and they are improving but still struggling. So you suggest 1/4 tsp of each per gal of water? I also have epsom

No just git it snd I water in the am. I will have to water this evening too today was windy. They will be dry. I still gave the bloom can use it. The classic helped with all but 2 and they are improving but still struggling. So you suggest 1/4 tsp of each per gal of water? I also have epsom
Yes, lately I e been doing my flowering girls with 1/2tsp Bloom, 1/4tsp calnit n Epsom.

Make sure you dissolve the calnit and Epsom separately before adding it to the jacks n tap water. Neither one of them should be cloudy when you add it.

I've not bounced my vegging plants up to 1/2tsp. They seem to do fine with 1/4. Using the calnit I don't want them to N tox on me.

Using the calnit I'd try the bloom formula once again. That flowering plant needs the extra PK. Ya can adjust the N with the calnit and your feeding calcium as well.

Yes, lately I e been doing my flowering girls with 1/2tsp Bloom, 1/4tsp calnit n Epsom.

Make sure you dissolve the calnit and Epsom separately before adding it to the jacks n tap water. Neither one of them should be cloudy when you add it.

I've not bounced my vegging plants up to 1/2tsp. They seem to do fine with 1/4. Using the calnit I don't want them to N tox on me.

Using the calnit I'd try the bloom formula once again. That flowering plant needs the extra PK. Ya can adjust the N with the calnit and your feeding calcium as well.
My hose water cones out warmish. I will have no problems dissolving the nutes. The epsom dissolves very easy

Outside I've been using 1/2tsp Bloom with calmag/iron 2x a week and Realgrower's Recharge every ten days. Only one plant shows slight signs of Nitrogen excess, but very little. They get fed everyday and take in a lot if nutes. Finally had a rainy day. Only .6 inches of rain but the good slow steady kind. First day I didn't need to water or feed. I was surprised how great it made the plants look. I'm reducing the Bloom a little now to see what happens, maybe I'm driving them too much. I topdressed with bonemeal to add some potassium, same as I did indoors at this stage and those buds were dense as can be.

Outside I've been using 1/2tsp Bloom with calmag/iron 2x a week and Realgrower's Recharge every ten days. Only one plant shows slight signs of Nitrogen excess, but very little. They get fed everyday and take in a lot if nutes. Finally had a rainy day. Only .6 inches of rain but the good slow steady kind. First day I didn't need to water or feed. I was surprised how great it made the plants look. I'm reducing the Bloom a little now to see what happens, maybe I'm driving them too much. I topdressed with bonemeal to add some potassium, same as I did indoors at this stage and those buds were dense as can be.
You've definitely found what works for you. Indoors and out.

The rain acts like a flushing agent and helps prevent toxicity from building up... keep feeding heavy like you are as long as the plants are responding well... and if you see leaf going to dark green or growth slowing a bit.. mimic that rain fall yourself first 2hrs of daylight... if in veg and any bug issues, same time of day to spray neem oil.. it's when the plants stigmata's are open, like our spores, and take in foliage spray/food or moisture thru the leaf material.. spraying neem oil weekly thru veg builds up a resistance to bugs over time..

Evening all, week 4 update.
Things seem to be plotting along and no more yellowing on other leaf’s, stated giving lady’s 1/2 tsp off bloom booster and 4ml calmag per 5L. Thanks for everyone’s help, hopefully cruise control from now. So 5 lady’s and 2 different phenols, starting to get some very yummy smells each lady has different aroma. I’m getting a citrus, sweet and a couple I can’t quite put my tongue on lol. 3 are very frosty and compact flowers other 2 not so much them 2 are the citrus ones.

Attachments

• IMG_4390.jpeg
    IMG_4390.jpeg
  • IMG_4389.jpeg
    IMG_4389.jpeg
  • IMG_4388.jpeg
    IMG_4388.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4387.jpeg
    IMG_4387.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4386.jpeg
    IMG_4386.jpeg
  • IMG_4385.jpeg
    IMG_4385.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 0
Yeah mate, on cruise control now. Looking great. Them aromas will just get stronger. Odd how we love a nice stanky plant but it smells so good.

Looking closer at your plants, what I see is a PK deficiency. Nitrogen deficiency begins at the plants base, yellowing leaf and creeps upward... usually at this point of maturity, I back off my N to half strength...

I really love the growth I see you growers getting using the Jack's... and so curious I'm considering using it as my veg foods... Flowering however, I do believe at week 4 thru 7 you need a nice PK booster with no N..
Old go to was PK 13/14. and since it's only a short period you use it, don't need much per grow...

Calmag, please. from week 2 of veg to week 8 of flower if chopping at 10wks. your plant is getting a portion of what it needs as I see no necrosis... most of the color changing in the leaf is the plant begging for PK..
PK def.jpeg

Some plants are food monsters, some get burnt tips barely feeding them... I'd up the PK on these until you see slightly burnt tips... see how much she'll take because the bud production I see already at week 4, these plants are incredible and fed more will blow up into outright MONSTERS

Carty makes valid points as usual. There are deficiencies but they seem under control for now and you are treating them.

Have they greened up any more are are you dropping leaf?

Latest posts

Back