First photo grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jan says: I love seeing the plants pray!

As long as it's not what we call "Praying for Magnesium" .. Reaching for the lights is a good thing no doubt, but read your plant carefully and make sure your not seeing cupping in your leaf material that is reaching upwards. Showing a magnesium shortage and why the regular usage of Calmag is so very important.. find one that has Iron added, Calmag+. 2wks old to 8wks old.. sorry to preach, but it took me years to listen to my preacher... Thank you Bigsur51.. lol.
My cal mag is + iron I use it regularly.

My cal mag is + iron I use it regularly.
Awesome sauce... took me years to listen to him... and when I did so many issues went away that I dealt with on every grow. and some are what he calls Calmag Pigs.... ever study the deficiency chart? teaches you so much about how to read the plant and know exactly what it needs.. because honestly, sometimes I was lost and guessing... lol

👍🏻 thanks for the advice carty I’ll give it a strip tonight. I just wasn’t sure how far up the plant to go, I’ve got bottom branches same size off the main stem.
Just use common sense when working from below up. Your at the stage where it can benefit your grow by removing material below. Stuff you know will not contribute to your harvest. Leaf, stem, small flowers.
I start below in veg and keep removing material till near 3 weeks flower. By then all growth below should be gone. All the plant up top will have 6-7 weeks of good growth. By going slow with it your giving the plant the chance to produce more.

Took everyone’s advice striped bottom off 3 a little more

Attachments

• IMG_4353.jpeg
    IMG_4353.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4354.jpeg
    IMG_4354.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Took everyone’s advice striped bottom off 3 a little more
Hey Thomas... good job. I found this awesome video on YouTube that explains this in detail, when to do it to avoid stressing the plant at the wrong time. taught me a few things to. I'll try to find
IMG_20240726_035540.jpg
IMG_20240726_040212.jpg
IMG_20240726_040218.jpg
IMG_20240726_040724.jpg

Into week 3 flower, still having problems with yellowing off leaves. I upped grow by a mil also giving calmag every watering added some Epsom it’s not helped. Any insight would help.

Attachments

• IMG_4369.jpeg
    IMG_4369.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4368.jpeg
    IMG_4368.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 0
Bump that N up a little. I see plants leaving off N. Common in flower. A little grow formula in the mix.

Bloom formulas lower the N. I try to control that with the calcium nitrate. Gives a good N and calcium dose. It's worked well to keep my plants green through flower.

No spots on your leaf or deep dark veins. Just yellowing...N low.

My well water has lots of calcium in it, so I've never bothered with Calmag. Water, nutes, and Epsom's salts on the inside and nothing on the outside other than my compost and a top dressing of fireplace ash during flower time. I've grown buds big enough to make Linda Lovelace choke.

Into week 3 flower, still having problems with yellowing off leaves. I upped grow by a mil also giving calmag every watering added some Epsom it’s not helped. Any insight would help.
Mine were doing that. I had to give them the classic Jacks 20 20 20. They need more nitrogen. Do you have anything rich in nitrogen? Are you soil or hydro or what? I believe it’s a nitrogen deficiency.

My well water has lots of calcium in it, so I've never bothered with Calmag. Water, nutes, and Epsom's salts on the inside and nothing on the outside other than my compost and a top dressing of fireplace ash during flower time. I've grown buds big enough to make Linda Lovelace choke.
I have seasonal issues with my grow, throughout the year.
I have come to the conclusion, that the mineral levels in the spring water, that I use for a water source, change throughout the year.
What research I have done, indicates that the two most prevalent minerals in unfiltered spring water, is calcium and magnesium, and the levels of those two minerals, will change throughout the year.

Mine were doing that. I had to give them the classic Jacks 20 20 20. They need more nitrogen. Do you have anything rich in nitrogen? Are you soil or hydro or what? I believe it’s a nitrogen deficiency.
I’m in soil using bio bizz feed, I’m thinking off giving them a boost off jacks classic.

I’ve also been following the bio bizz feeding chart.
Those chars are a guide. I have different size pots outside. The 30 gal and the 7 gal are doing great the 10 gal are suffering. The 10 gal girls are so big I don't think they can get enough to eat. I have switched back to classic Jacks from blossom booster for the 10 gal pots they are showing noticeable improvements. You just have to read your plants. Every grower no matter how long they gave been growing comes across challenges with their grow. It will get easier to read the longer you grow. There is always that one plant thats different. Last year the black apple and tangerine kush was the problem plant. This year it is Evo Dream. She was the biggest most beautiful 7 ft plant then hit flower and didn't like what I was doing. I thought it was the 10 gal pot I had her in so I transplanted her. This made her even madder. Then I started seeing the inner leaves yellowing up. I started back to classic. She looks a bit rough but I think I can turn it around. Sorry I was rambling. Try the Jacks if you have it. I think it will help. 1/4 tsp per gal of water. Others may chime in. I do think it is the nitrogen.

Last edited:
Signs of a experienced grower.

Ya can read a plant and make adjustments on the fly. You know what she needs just by looking at her.

And you make a decision and get it done. Win or fail ya made a decision. Shows tons of confidence in the knowledge you've gained.

Good job Jan

Signs of a experienced grower.

Ya can read a plant and make adjustments on the fly. You know what she needs just by looking at her.

And you make a decision and get it done. Win or fail ya made a decision. Shows tons of confidence in the knowledge you've gained.

Good job Jan
I learned most of it here and yes I am still learning. I am starting to have successes with cloning and am not trying my hand at seeds.

Latest posts

Back