Random Thought Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can you get new bolts Cut the old ones off with your torch
the bolts have shoulders and a mushroom cap, finding replacements would be near impossible...my buddy found the socket and is on his way over with it...I'll post a pic of these bolts, very specific design...I'm feeling too old to be weilding such heavy parts around...

I’ve done the same thing with transmissions in days gone by when I didn’t have a lift. I am replacing the blades on a large bush hog. I have an I have never seen such a heavy fly wheel in my life. This fly wheel has 2 1” studs coming through it that these monstrous blades are bolted to. I bought the machine decades ago and had brand new blades hanging on the wall ever since. It’s time to change the blades and get a clean cut.
I was like 26 when I found out they had a lift for transmissions. I laughed and told they I didn't have an auto I had a stick....turns out they got fancy lifts for that too. Go figure

Hell I laughed when someone told me they couldn't line up the new clutch because they didn't have a tool for it. I was shocked didn't everyone have some transmission shafts sitting around??

done, no pics because when things are going right you roll with it...if my buddy hadn't come over to assist me the job would be done but I would have hurt myself...a lead shot hammer and a brass hammer convinced the pieces to fit...the socket set cost 1200 bucks, way too steep for me and besides, when would I ever use such big tools again...
I was like 26 when I found out they had a lift for transmissions. I laughed and told they I didn't have an auto I had a stick....turns out they got fancy lifts for that too. Go figure

Hell I laughed when someone told me they couldn't line up the new clutch because they didn't have a tool for it. I was shocked didn't everyone have some transmission shafts sitting around??
I thought everyone had a transmission output shaft or at least the indexing tool laying around...;)

If you've got a real old fashioned Army surplus around, check out their impact sockets. I remember seeing sets that Uncle Sam had for working on tanks. I think the smallest one in that set would fit what you were working on. They were cheap, too.

So sad there is no room for the square pie, a infamita

5774a3a65503e46f.jpg

need to reevaluate my comment ,give me 24 hours and a representative from my team will respond.. :rolleyes:
In response to a former comment the team with great discussion, debate and legal advice by the esteemed law firm Dewey Scruem and Howe have decided on the individual known as Mother Theresa .
The King was a known drug addict and with bad choices led his life in the wrong direction. With extensive investigations the only negative thing we could come up against M.T was advice given stating "If you do that ,you go blind" .Simply acquiring eyewear negated that comment..
Thank you
The Team

In response to a former comment the team with great discussion, debate and legal advice by the esteemed law firm Dewey Scruem and Howe have decided on the individual known as Mother Theresa .
The King was a known drug addict and with bad choices led his life in the wrong direction. With extensive investigations the only negative thing we could come up against M.T was advice given stating "If you do that ,you go blind" .Simply acquiring eyewear negated that comment..
Thank you
The Team
Elvis hung around with hot chicks. Mother Teresa hung around with lepers. Case closed.

Latest posts

Back