Random Thought Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice.
1690734552660.png

On the 57 chev, clutch changing was a breeze. First, there was so much room under that car it almost didnt need raised. Almost. Second, if you have ever worked on one you would see the bellhousing not only bolted to back of engine, it also bolted to the FRAME on both sides. You could remove the transmission and the engine didnt tilt back! (which with a small block chev means your distributor just got munched into the firewall) Or, remove engine and transmission, drive shaft all still supported. Nice for the shade tree mechanic!

Bubba

today is the result of me thinking I am still invincible...man handling that heavy flywheel and driving in zero tollerance pins with a 9 pound sledge humbled me...today I do squat so my back can get a head start on the upcoming week...I'm moving around well but can feel all it would take is to twist it and triple the recovery time...I'm either becoming a ***** or getting wiser...

today is the result of me thinking I am still invincible...man handling that heavy flywheel and driving in zero tollerance pins with a 9 pound sledge humbled me...today I do squat so my back can get a head start on the upcoming week...I'm moving around well but can feel all it would take is to twist it and triple the recovery time...I'm either becoming a ***** or getting wiser...
Getting wiser for sure…

How did you remove Blades? Torch?

How did you remove Blades? Torch?
Before any work could be done the flywheel had to be taken off where it has been resting outside in the elements for close to 25 years. I had to drill a hole through almost a half inch of plates steel in order to get a drift down on top of the fly wheel to drive it off the gearbox. Then I had to lift the hundred pound assembly pick it up and put it into a bench vise where the three-quarter inch socket set was able to remove the nut from the pressed in pins… after driving out the pins and removing the blades the process was reversed but this time I had to line up the key ways in order to get the pins back in… doing the work here saved me a minimum of $300 and the hassle of having to load that unit up on the trailer and then take it back off… I am icing my back for the day, smoking some very good herb, and I am preparing to watch the drag races on TV at 4 o’clock…

Before any work could be done the flywheel had to be taken off where it has been resting outside in the elements for close to 25 years. I had to drill a hole through almost a half inch of plates steel in order to get a drift down on top of the fly wheel to drive it off the gearbox. Then I had to lift the hundred pound assembly pick it up and put it into a bench vise where the three-quarter inch socket set was able to remove the nut from the pressed in pins… after driving out the pins and removing the blades the process was reversed but this time I had to line up the key ways in order to get the pins back in… doing the work here saved me a minimum of $300 and the hassle of having to load that unit up on the trailer and then take it back off… I am icing my back for the day, smoking some very good herb, and I am preparing to watch the drag races on TV at 4 o’clock…
Nice Job
See who needs a gym anyway.
Rest up 8 more tractors to go

Had no idea you were a RuPaul fan!

You've obviously never seen boo in a full length sun dress. He needs a test ride in your Big block camaro boo...Nothing wrong with a little drag racing guys. Wouldnt have minded watching that at all.

Bubba
I was donning my yellow sun dress today while adjusting the linkage on the L-89...gotta love the breeze when it lifts my hem...a ride in one of my camaros will certainly test ones faith in the all mighty...my favorite engine of all times is a worked 427...they don't scream like a 396 but they get to the traps quicker...

Back