Random Thought Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Going to try this. I make home made tomato sauce using my wife’s grandmothers recipe(off the boat Italian though I use canned tomatoes usually where she used only fresh ingredients). If the cheese, dough and sauce are not in harmony, the pizza suffers…

I would love to get the sauce recipe

we like tang so the tomatos need to be tangy

6-7 lbs of 80/20 ground beef
8 eggs
1 cup Italian bread crumbs
1 cup Parmesan cheese
~tablespoon garlic powder
Couple of teaspoons of salt
Teaspoon fresh ground pepper

Makes about 45 meatballs(depending on how big you like them

Sauté on 6 sides(I like to get a bit of a crust on them)

5 - 16 oz cans of crushed tomatoes
3 - 16 oz cans of stewed tomatoes
8 oz can of tomato paste
Drizzle in probably 2 tablespoons of olive oil

Simmer with meatballs for 4 or 5 hours

Add about a tablespoon of salt, a tablespoon of sugar and a teaspoon each of Italian seasoning and dried basil about half way thru simmering.

I always have my wife taste test it towards the end(not needed but the Italian taste buds help). Doesn’t matter how much sugar I put in, she will add another spoonful or two.

Great for pizza, our new favorite pasta is boutique style, ravioli or meatball sandwich casserole(my creation but delicious-gets the Italian ‘muah’ kiss). I am spoiled for any other sauce.

Need some pork sausage and veal in there with some red wine!
Red wine made my beef stew recipe pop but I do sometimes back off on the meatballs a bit and put 8 hot Italian sausage links in. The place I got the sausage from went out of business due to the plandemic aftermath though. Big box store sausage sucks, well, er, my sausage…

Latest posts

Back