Random Thought Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
😍 Just one of the many reasons why you are loved !
You always know what to say,,,,
One early morning doing bread deliveries behind a Chinese Restaurant I found seagulls flying in place in the air, Very strange I said to myself, The bastards had set fishing lines with hooks to catch the birds to use in their Menu . I had them shut down.

you can cook it like any other bird…
Take a sharp knife and put in under the skin at the back part of the neck, and carry down to the tail feathers; after which pull off the skin down to the middle of the legs, and next take out the intestines. Leave the birds in salt and water for eight hours, when their fishy taste will be found to be quite gone, and you can either cook them as you would pigeon pie or in any other way.
Any thing can be cooked and eaten if one is hungry enough,

you can cook it like any other bird…
Take a sharp knife and put in under the skin at the back part of the neck, and carry down to the tail feathers; after which pull off the skin down to the middle of the legs, and next take out the intestines. Leave the birds in salt and water for eight hours, when their fishy taste will be found to be quite gone, and you can either cook them as you would pigeon pie or in any other way.
We tried it without a brine and it is hideous.
Pelican is beyond saving even with brine.

I wonder why you wonder why......
Friends owned a bakery and at the end of the day I would take any left over bread and donuts and give to some sec 8 houses i know.
Sometimes it didnt work out and after 3 Dassy I have a ton of rolls ,donuts and the like .
I would take them to cedar beach in mt Sinai and dump in the parking lot ,be stoned and watch a short version of " The Birds"
They all acted like they havent eatin in 2 weeks and there was not one skinny one

368009809_122107034450003420_4191632210320272816_n.jpg

I use to have an old cookbook from waycross Ga with a roasted possum in it. I gave it to the son when he graduated cooking school
MMM i just smoked a pork shoulder on the egg yesterday and now I wonder after 4 hours into smoing possem do i wrap that also in butcher paper to bring it up to 195 degrees and then put in a cooler for 2 hours?
pulled pork was excellent.
the lady next door ,a tough woman ,going thru chemo suffers the benefits of me living next door and my Honey bringing her a pulled pork samich with good bread at 730.
Very very proud I got the shoulder from the freezer.
Need to take out and use stuff. We caned 7 jars of veg with a tomato sauce .
I try as hard as I can to have a beginning and a end plan.
Nothing should be wasted .

MMM i just smoked a pork shoulder on the egg yesterday and now I wonder after 4 hours into smoing possem do i wrap that also in butcher paper to bring it up to 195 degrees and then put in a cooler for 2 hours?
pulled pork was excellent.
the lady next door ,a tough woman ,going thru chemo suffers the benefits of me living next door and my Honey bringing her a pulled pork samich with good bread at 730.
Very very proud I got the shoulder from the freezer.
Need to take out and use stuff. We caned 7 jars of veg with a tomato sauce .
I try as hard as I can to have a beginning and a end plan.
Nothing should be wasted .
Never tried the butcher paper thing on a possum but I bet it would keep all the nice juices in…🤪 I hear what you are saying about waste but I remember the recipe said remove head and tail if squeamish but if you’re a waste not want not, they are edible 😊

Latest posts

Back