Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Evening folks. Butchering some quail tomorrow.
When I locked the chickens up a screech owl was in the Woodsl-line, neighing like a pony.
I got within inches of a little screech owl once. By chance. Was walking though the ceded trees on the way to the dog pen and saw it sitting on a limb. My flashlight stunned it. Had one bad eye, closed over. I could have touched it, it was that close. I just examined it for a minute or two and left it alone. Owls are probably my favorite bird.
My spirit animal would be a Crow though. Smart, obnoxious, loud and crafty. My kind of pal 😂

Good morning brothers and sisters!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif

Just another double gorgeous day in Paradise, starting at 62F and predicted to reach 87F.

We had an old friend drop by from the east coast and enjoyed his visit. Alas he is over twenty years younger than I am and is on a colostomy bag from colon cancer surgery and has two hernia surgeries that failed and have to be redone.

Birthday dinner out with Grayfox and NM at Clyde's Prime Rib. I ordered the 16 oz prime rib so that there were leftovers for Miss Layla and Melissa when we got home, and our breath examined.

Evening folks. Butchering some quail tomorrow.
When I locked the chickens up a screech owl was in the Woodsl-line, neighing like a pony.
I got within inches of a little screech owl once. By chance. Was walking though the ceded trees on the way to the dog pen and saw it sitting on a limb. My flashlight stunned it. Had one bad eye, closed over. I could have touched it, it was that close. I just examined it for a minute or two and left it alone. Owls are probably my favorite bird.
My spirit animal would be a Crow though. Smart, obnoxious, loud and crafty. My kind of pal 😂
Hippies would be a Parrot. Talks a lot of shit and way to noisy.😂😂😂

Birthday dinner out with Grayfox and NM at Clyde's Prime Rib. I ordered the 16 oz prime rib so that there were leftovers for Miss Layla and Melissa when we got home, and our breath examined.
Examined, and thoroughly. I knew a K9 handler for the county police. He explained a dog's olfactory glands to me in detail. He said, "You walk into a McDonald's. You smell a cheese burger. The dog smells the cheese burger, the pickle, the catsup, the bun, and the sesame seeds on the bun."

Looks like it's gonna be a wonderful day here, too. Made a list of stuff to do today, and I'm curious to just how many I can manage.

There’s that birthday dog again!!!

Whew. Trimmed a few trees and started getting two tree stands up. A pond got built where I generally hunt, so I had to scout new trees to cover the new vantage points. I have to plan ahead, winter winds are always between north east and north west.
I’ll need help getting one of them up. Just too heavy. Was a time I’d struggle and make it work. And I reckon that’s why my back hurts now 😂

Attachments

• B06E92E7-5F67-4C55-9D7A-84DDB723A46C.jpeg
    B06E92E7-5F67-4C55-9D7A-84DDB723A46C.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back