Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know it sucks brother.
I've lost both sets of grandparents, my Dad and my Mom. My sister a few weeks ago. Not to mention my 1st born son in 2016.
I am all that's left of my immediate family.
Now it's just me and my wife and 2 sons and of course my grandchildren.
Hang in there brother. He will be in a better place.

Got my running done and town stuff taken care of. The Old Hen wanted to go to Menard's for some stuff, and I needed a can of spray paint for my latest project. Got half of the shopping excursion done and got to feeling dizzy. 3/4ths of the way and I started looking for a soft place to crash and burn. Stood next to a palate of paper towels figuring that was as soft as it was gonna get. The dizziness didn't get any worse, so I headed for the front door. I figured if the Marines could raise a flag on Suribachi, I could damn sure make it across the parking lot and into the car. Made it. Old Hen offered to drive, but after sitting there for five minutes, I knew I could make it the mile home. Got home, flopped in bed, and laid there for two hours. Feel much better now. Went out and mowed the front & back yards. Lord knows they needed it. I'm done. I'll give 'er hell tomorrow, I promise!

Got my running done and town stuff taken care of. The Old Hen wanted to go to Menard's for some stuff, and I needed a can of spray paint for my latest project. Got half of the shopping excursion done and got to feeling dizzy. 3/4ths of the way and I started looking for a soft place to crash and burn. Stood next to a palate of paper towels figuring that was as soft as it was gonna get. The dizziness didn't get any worse, so I headed for the front door. I figured if the Marines could raise a flag on Suribachi, I could damn sure make it across the parking lot and into the car. Made it. Old Hen offered to drive, but after sitting there for five minutes, I knew I could make it the mile home. Got home, flopped in bed, and laid there for two hours. Feel much better now. Went out and mowed the front & back yards. Lord knows they needed it. I'm done. I'll give 'er hell tomorrow, I promise!
Enough excitement for one day! Any idea what caused the dizziness?

1723332103436.png

I think it gets hot pretty much everywhere in the US. But some places definitely get colder in the winter. If we see 15 degrees more than twice a winter it’s a rare occurrence
I saw -15 so many times last winter that I lost count. 15 above would have felt like a heatwave.

Late night for me, in the basement watering the girls. I have eggs pipping in one incubator. Little chirpies will be hatching in the next two days.

Trying to figure out what to do about my Grampa. They moved him to another hospital. In the middle of Atlanta. It’s going to be wild with two little kids in the car that long. I detest Atlanta. Couldn’t pay me four times my wages to live or work up there.

I never cared for any kind of tea. An old friend told me I just hadn't tired the right kind. For the next two months, every time I went over to her place, she'd come up with a new flavor for me to try. Yuck on all of 'em.

I never cared for any kind of tea. An old friend told me I just hadn't tired the right kind. For the next two months, every time I went over to her place, she'd come up with a new flavor for me to try. Yuck on all of 'em.
Well you tried. Not everyone can have good taste🤣

I remember my mom was a big tea drinker, and had one of those metal screw-cap tea holders for loose tea leaves. Well, one time I took some of her herbal tea leaves and added some marijuana to the mix, and fixed her a nice cup of healing herbal tea. She said it made her lips tingle, which I said was the artificial sweetener I used 😁

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back