Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another cannabis caper I pulled was with my sister (who swears she has never tried marijuana), when I was 12 and she was 14...

We were in the treehouse, and had some straw that we were smoking, since straw is hollow. She thought that was neato, so I showed her some rolling papers and said we should try to smoke some leaves.

She said OK, and I acted like I couldn't get it rolled - and then pulled out a joint, showing her that I had rolled one before and we should smoke it now. She said OK, and I lit it up, took a hit and passed it to her. She took her turn, and we passed it back and forth several times before she said, "Whoa, I'm getting dizzy!" I told her that I was going to finish it, so she climbed down and staggered back to the house.

She still maintains her claim that she has never tried marijuana. Bahaha! 🤣

Last edited:
My friend came up from Oklahoma today - instead of an oz of indica as usual, he got me two half ozs - one sativa and one indica. The Mrs likes the sativa high, whereas I like the indica body buzz.
1000000823.jpg

Last edited:
Good morning brothers and sisters!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif

Yet another gorgeous day here in Paradise, starting at 61F and predicted to reach 80F.

An enthusiastic six-tennis ball score morning in the park for Miss Layla, but an empty dance card for Moi today. Maybe Miss Layla and I will load up the bags of tennis balls and make a run to the Humane Society this morning, before flipping a coin between sloth and debauchery for the main event.

I saw -15 so many times last winter that I lost count. 15 above would have felt like a heatwave.
Yep it gets frigid in MI. If we get lower than 32 it is not by much. Only once since I have lived in NM has it gotten to zero. It stared there like 4 days in a row. No one had water because everyone's lines froze and broke. The bury stuff like 6 inches here. In IL they used to bury min 3 ft MI is most likely the same. I hate cold weather. Snow is pretty but not worth the weather yo have it.

Yep it gets frigid in MI. If we get lower than 32 it is not by much. Only once since I have lived in NM has it gotten to zero. It stared there like 4 days in a row. No one had water because everyone's lines froze and broke. The bury stuff like 6 inches here. In IL they used to bury min 3 ft MI is most likely the same. I hate cold weather. Snow is pretty but not worth the weather yo have it.
I have a friend that moved to Tuscan Arizona for a few years. He’s earning his flight instructor licensing while there. Says he flies at 5:30 am and it’s already 95-100 degrees.

I have a friend that moved to Tuscan Arizona for a few years. He’s earning his flight instructor licensing while there. Says he flies at 5:30 am and it’s already 95-100 degrees.
Yeah but its a dry heat. It doesn't really feel like an oven outside till 110 deg F. It can get uncomfortable. Not like humidity though. That crap sucks. You rolling is sweat the second you hit the door. It is not like that in the desert. You are just hot but not miserable.

Yeah but its a dry heat. It doesn't really feel like an oven outside till 110 deg F. It can get uncomfortable. Not like humidity though. That crap sucks. You rolling is sweat the second you hit the door. It is not like that in the desert. You are just hot but not miserable.
You get used to it. Friend moved from Denver to middle ga. First week he was here, beautiful day. 74 degrees and he was sweating bullets. I laughed and said cuz you gon die next summer😂

In IL they used to bury min 3 ft MI is most likely the same. I hate cold weather. Snow is pretty but not worth the weather yo have it.
Four feet here. If it's a spot that gets a lot of vehicle or foot traffic, even deeper.

I got the right hand side of the attached garage done. Went to fire up the Rolls to get it out of the way, and I couldn't get it to light. Plan B; Pop it in neutral and drag it out with the Kubota. Nope. All four wheels locked up. In granny low 4WD, I got it five feet before I realized that they weren't turning. Did a hail Mary and tried to start it again. Shazam! God, I love the sound of a V8 Merlin engine running.
Got some perches for the squawkers made and most of the crap in the garage either relocated or pitched to the curb for garbage day tomorrow. Found some stuff that I figured was lost and gone forever, too.
I wasn't looking forward to coming in and cleaning bird cages, do I layed back for 45 minutes. It dawned on me that I'd be hurting even worse tomorrow, so I pulled on the reserves and got 'em done. Life is hard when you're a lazy old bastard!

Good afternoon, Misfits. Visited my brother today. We went to the park, smoked a few bowls and watched a couple of guys playing Frisbee golf. Now back home, smoking a bowl and relaxing. Gonna see what I can find on TV

I would like to say, I am glad you joined this forum @jagwire2010.
You have filled a niche that we were missing.
I look forward to reading your posts.

I got the right hand side of the attached garage done. Went to fire up the Rolls to get it out of the way, and I couldn't get it to light. Plan B; Pop it in neutral and drag it out with the Kubota. Nope. All four wheels locked up. In granny low 4WD, I got it five feet before I realized that they weren't turning. Did a hail Mary and tried to start it again. Shazam! God, I love the sound of a V8 Merlin engine running.
Got some perches for the squawkers made and most of the crap in the garage either relocated or pitched to the curb for garbage day tomorrow. Found some stuff that I figured was lost and gone forever, too.
I wasn't looking forward to coming in and cleaning bird cages, do I layed back for 45 minutes. It dawned on me that I'd be hurting even worse tomorrow, so I pulled on the reserves and got 'em done. Life is hard when you're a lazy old bastard!
So why were wheels locked

Latest posts

Back