Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My friend made a new batch of infused hard candy. He used an oz of bud (not sure THC level) to make the tincture, and he said the equation comes out at about 10 mg each piece
1000000817.jpg

He got a recipe from the Internet, there is a formula that takes 1 oz of bud that is (? THC %) and makes a tincture. Then he has special candy trays and each piece = x mg, depending upon the THC level of the bud...or something like that. This batch is orange flavored

Good morning brothers and sisters!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif

Another gorgeous day starting at 63F and predicted to reach 97F.

I replaced $65 worth of hoses yesterday, after only one season on them. One hose split in two places and the two soaker hoses were plugged and barely flowing.

Breakfast out at Gravy this morning with Grayfox and Nutrition Magician and then mostly frolicking, tiptoeing through the tulips, and wanton debauchery.

Good morning. Taking Dad to se the cancer DR today. Usually we just phone it in but I thought since it was summer we should go in so ha can actually see him. His new meds are doing a number on him. I hope this is not going what it should so we can stop it. He is so nauseous he has barely been eating. Well I guess thats something I need to bring to the DR. I may be out of reach for a few hours. We have 2 Dr in the same office. I was hoping to see both the same day but the other one is on Monday. His lung dr shares an office with the cancer dr. Today is 940 Monday is 1000.

Good morning Misfits. Gonna be another hot and muggy one today. Pullet woke me up at 0730 to let me know that it was 75 in the house. We keep the air conditioning at 72. I can hear the air handler running, so outside to the cube I go. It's not spinning. Felt the top and it was warm. Banged on it a couple of times and it started humming. Fan motor took a dump. Pulled the cutoff and shut the air handler down. Called the HVAC company and told them what it was. Got informed that they'd do a diagnostic (translation: We're gonna bang you for $109 even after you told us what's wrong), and that they've got a "rescue motor" that they can put on if they don't have the exact one that's needed. Great. Two visits = twice the cost.
Dude will be out between 1300 and 1700. Told the Old Hen to keep the curtains closed to keep the sun/heat out. The joys of being a home owner.

Good morning Misfits. Gonna be another hot and muggy one today. Pullet woke me up at 0730 to let me know that it was 75 in the house. We keep the air conditioning at 72. I can hear the air handler running, so outside to the cube I go. It's not spinning. Felt the top and it was warm. Banged on it a couple of times and it started humming. Fan motor took a dump. Pulled the cutoff and shut the air handler down. Called the HVAC company and told them what it was. Got informed that they'd do a diagnostic (translation: We're gonna bang you for $109 even after you told us what's wrong), and that they've got a "rescue motor" that they can put on if they don't have the exact one that's needed. Great. Two visits = twice the cost.
Dude will be out between 1300 and 1700. Told the Old Hen to keep the curtains closed to keep the sun/heat out. The joys of being a home owner.
Man that sucks, makes me kinda happy I still have window units. So at least if one quits my entire house isn't without ac.

AC is back up and running. A capacitor and its contacts took a dump. Diagnostic fee and parts & labor = $502.47 with a senior discount. Guy said the contacts were scorched, but he'd seen worse. I figured for the extra bucks, just replace 'em. If it turned out later that they completely fried, it would be another $109 show up fee + the price of the contacts. Might as well get it done right.

Only got up to 77 in the house. I kept the curtains closed to keep the sun out, so it wasn't like it was a sweat box in here. It's 84 outside, so it would have gotten a lot warmer by sundown.

AC is back up and running. A capacitor and its contacts took a dump. Diagnostic fee and parts & labor = $502.47 with a senior discount. Guy said the contacts were scorched, but he'd seen worse. I figured for the extra bucks, just replace 'em. If it turned out later that they completely fried, it would be another $109 show up fee + the price of the contacts. Might as well get it done right.

Only got up to 77 in the house. I kept the curtains closed to keep the sun out, so it wasn't like it was a sweat box in here. It's 84 outside, so it would have gotten a lot warmer by sundown.
Those 2 parts are the usual suspects, I always have spares on hand in my AC kit , for break downs.
A Cap cost me $35 on Zon and a Contactor switch was $25.
That cap is the start cap for the unit to jump up the starting wattage needed, there may also be a smaller cap to start the fan , but the fan should run if you spin it. Most fans now have a cap in them. My buddy has 2 outside Rheem 4 tons and he keeps all extra parts needed to repair his, very anal dude he even has a new $1200 COMPRESSOR UNIT that goes into the condenser's center of box.

Latest posts

Back