Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C53052DF-4D1D-4150-8B9D-AEA944FCA20A.jpeg

Good morning brothers and sisters!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif

Another double gorgeous morning in PNW Paradise, starting at 57F and predicted to reach 86F.

Grayfox is back in the den and in good spirits from her week at the Ashland Shakespearean Festival and receiving a warm welcome here.

Off to the gym and then I need to finish off my distillation run. Looks like about two more runs.

I remember when I was 15 and got my first stereo, it was a Pioneer system with 200 watts per channel. I had some helluva headphones and was cranking it up loud one night with some Black Sabbath, but didn't realize they were not plugged in all the way - so I could hear it through the headphones, but the speakers were playing too.

OMG, my dad came crashing through my bedroom door, I yanked off the headphones, heard the speakers blasting Black Sabbath and was thinking 'oh shit, what have I done'... needless to say, I got restricted from my stereo for a week!

BTW, my dad was a preacher, so he was unimpressed with my choice of music 😁

I remember when I was 15 and got my first stereo, it was a Pioneer system with 200 watts per channel. I had some helluva headphones and was cranking it up loud one night with some Black Sabbath, but didn't realize they were not plugged in all the way - so I could hear it through the headphones, but the speakers were playing too.

OMG, my dad came crashing through my bedroom door, I yanked off the headphones, heard the speakers blasting Black Sabbath and was thinking 'oh shit, what have I done'... needless to say, I got restricted from my stereo for a week!

BTW, my dad was a preacher, so he was unimpressed with my choice of music 😁
In hindsight Black Sabbath was really not bad music 😂

Good morning brothers and sisters!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif

Yet another gaugus day starting at 60F and predicted to reach 95F.

Miss Layla and I scored half a dozen balls in the park for the Humane Society pups, as well as some Pickle balls that I haven't decided what we will do with. In three days I already have half a grocery bag full for the pups.

I dug out the crab grass that has sprouted from our front ornamental gardens since last weeding. Lawrd I wish my tomatoes grew as fast.................

I finished up distilling off the rest my White Lightning and have my carboy soaking in disinfectant before putting it away for another year.

During the 80's there was all this crap about backwards masking in rock music, that if you played the music backwards, it had Satanic messages hidden in the tracks, LOL!

So, I had to take my KISS albums (which Dad said meant "Knights In Satan's Service", or some silly shit like that) and Black Sabbath albums, and slip them into album covers from my childhood - like Sesame Street "Rubber Ducky" and other kid shit like that. Then I hid the real album covers in the basement. Dad never figured that out, hahaha! 🤣

Last edited:
During the 80's there was all this crap about backwards masking in rock music, that if you played the music backwards, it had Satanic messages hidden in the tracks, LOL!

So, I had to take my KISS albums (which Dad said meant "Knights In Satan's Service", or some silly shit like that) and Black Sabbath albums, and slip them into album covers from my childhood - like Sesame Street "Rubber Ducky" and other kid shit like that. Then I hid the real album covers in the basement. Dad never figured that out, hahaha! 🤣
Dad got tired of listening to my older sister's favorite record by Elvis and destroyed it. He attempted to make it up to her by replacing it with a 45-rpm disc of his choice, which sadly failed and she destroyed...............

Going to visit my brother later today. He ran out of bud, so gonna take him a care package when he gets back from his doctor's appointment.

He seems to be doing well at the assisted living home and gets along well with everyone. He sits in his truck (which is parked on the street) and uses a one hitter - which he says they have probably figured out, but don't care or say anything bc it's legal and he doesn't do it on their property...

Latest posts

Back