Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've done the same thing many times in my life. Think it's sore now? Wait 'til tomorrow.
Looks like most of the Islanders have headed off to neverland. Gonna try and join 'em. See ya's in the morning.
It’s throbbing today. Good thing I am a supervisor at work. I did a little more delegating today than usual, lol.

seems as if my persistance gas paid off...the nurse came out with Ivan telling me it's a miracle that his tail is healing...still has bone visible but it's growing skin and hair so they believe it's gonna work out...the only reason he's still has it was because I was ready to fight the doctor...I appologized to the surgical team for my hostilities...one nurse whispered to me that that was the only reason it wasn't amputated...I'm told I said I was gonna break his face if he didn't at least try...time to get back doing his physical therapy...
The typo in the first line could go two ways.
Your persistence has paid off, or your persistent gas has paid off.
Either way, they were in a hurry to get you out of the waiting room.

seems as if my persistance gas paid off...the nurse came out with Ivan telling me it's a miracle that his tail is healing...still has bone visible but it's growing skin and hair so they believe it's gonna work out...the only reason he's still has it was because I was ready to fight the doctor...I appologized to the surgical team for my hostilities...one nurse whispered to me that that was the only reason it wasn't amputated...I'm told I said I was gonna break his face if he didn't at least try...time to get back doing his physical therapy...
Good for you being an effective little brother Ivan's personal advocate, old and masterful big brother Boo!
german-shepherd.gif

Pleased to hear the two of you are winning the battle and continuing to send prayers and healing thoughts!

It speaks volumes about the resilience and adaptability of GS pups and once again goes to prove that ancient saying from the hoary days of yore, that you can get more with the jawbone of an ass and a smile, than a smile alone.

I guess the old fingers hit an s instead of an h...thanks gray, I get very protective of my boys...they are to be treated as my equals or fur flies...I dare folks to tell me Dutch isn't allowed to come into an establishment, I look for those guys that just don't have a clue...damn near got cuffed after pushing for Dutch's rights...telling the surgeon that I was gonna bust his face could have gone south real fast, but it worked...

I guess the old fingers hit an s instead of an h...thanks gray, I get very protective of my boys...they are to be treated as my equals or fur flies...I dare folks to tell me Dutch isn't allowed to come into an establishment, I look for those guys that just don't have a clue...damn near got cuffed after pushing for Dutch's rights...telling the surgeon that I was gonna bust his face could have gone south real fast, but it worked...
Veterinarians by nature tend to be kindly and empathetic toward pups, as well as maybe having some concern about the unpredictability of crazy wild eyed old fart, whom wouldn't be kept locked up long and might be back.

PS: Most owners wouldn't pay for the extra medical to save the tail, and that is who most of the vets customers are, sooooo easy to see why they might slip into certain ruts....

What a day..... looking back...just a blur. Don't even know what I did.

Happy for Ivan....and everyone here on the forum. Boo would have been in a bad mood if Ivans tail would have been amputated and we would have been in the way.

Time for a bowl of ODD. O'L Donkey ****.

I am the same way. It’s hard to find a good vet. The one I went to years ago has done passed on. I tried a few more over the years and just recently settled on a new one that I really like.
My boys are family. I know exactly how you feel.

I am the same way. It’s hard to find a good vet. The one I went to years ago has done passed on. I tried a few more over the years and just recently settled on a new one that I really like.
My boys are family. I know exactly how you feel.
We have a good vet. Only because we have been with him for years. Don't think he has taken new patients in years. Have heard the local animal hospital has a long wait on a daily basis.

Then there is the cost.... Gotten ridiculous.

don't get me started about costs...16 visits, 8 being surgeries just for the tail, if it's not to be I can accept that but that's not an option until all else is tried...we're on the waiting list the UF Vet hospital and expect to be seen in about 6 months...they use titanium for the unit so it should be durable...I push my dogs hard and expect them to work hard...Ivan has a kindred soul, he's as special as Dutch is...very eager to be molded into the best he can be...

don't get me started about costs...16 visits, 8 being surgeries just for the tail, if it's not to be I can accept that but that's not an option until all else is tried...we're on the waiting list the UF Vet hospital and expect to be seen in about 6 months...they use titanium for the unit so it should be durable...I push my dogs hard and expect them to work hard...Ivan has a kindred soul, he's as special as Dutch is...very eager to be molded into the best he can be...
You go Ivan!!!

Gooode morning brothers and sisters! Another gorgeous clear day starting at 26F.

An empty calendar but still working on the Medusa update. I finished it and it is currently being reviewed by team members before publishing on public forums.

Hugs all around!!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif

Good Morning GW and friends. Nice day here as we will have sunshine again 😊
we had the grandkids last night for a sleepover so I’m a bit busier this morning with the gravy and biscuits request from my grandson. May have them today too as my SIL is in the hospital. Things are not looking good for him and I have no encouraging words for my daughter who is having major stress about what is next. I think reality hit her this week when she was asked about hospice coming in to help. I wish I had a magic wand that could fix everything but for now listening and love is all I can give. The kids 8 and 10 only know that dad is sick. I’m really not ready for the sad days ahead of us.
didn't mean to bring anyone down with what’s going on here, just helps me to put it out there.
I hope everyone has a beautiful day 💕
1671281230954.gif

Good Morning GW and friends. Nice day here as we will have sunshine again 😊
we had the grandkids last night for a sleepover so I’m a bit busier this morning with the gravy and biscuits request from my grandson. May have them today too as my SIL is in the hospital. Things are not looking good for him and I have no encouraging words for my daughter who is having major stress about what is next. I think reality hit her this week when she was asked about hospice coming in to help. I wish I had a magic wand that could fix everything but for now listening and love is all I can give. The kids 8 and 10 only know that dad is sick. I’m really not ready for the sad days ahead of us.
didn't mean to bring anyone down with what’s going on here, just helps me to put it out there.
I hope everyone has a beautiful day 💕
View attachment 315491
Gooode morning SG!

Sorry to hear about your SIL. Please remind me what he suffers from?

Sadly, sometimes all you can be is a candle in the darkness and it is good that you can be there for them.
bigarmhug.gif
bigarmhug.gif

Latest posts

Back