GM Photo ReRun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been observing these late flower clones and have noticed some differences in them.

These were harvested for clones at 8+ weeks into flower. The Durban Poison below took near two months to root and show growth. The growth it produces is heavy. Large branches like a fully mature plant in 8 weeks veg. The bud I regenerated was as solid a bud as ya can get. Very dense. So dense I thought the regeneration would fail. Anyways, it makes me scratch my head.
1000000620.jpg
1000000621.jpg

However on the other side the Tangie does not show the same thickness of branches the DP does. Smaller more spindly branching which will eventually turn into large stems but slower than the DP. The Tangie clone was a lower growth clone...larf bud. Not as developed as the DP. Probably why I'm seeing the smaller growth. What ya think?
1000000616.jpg
1000000617.jpg

The bud below hasn't begun to unfold into the plant yet. A lot more growth is coming.
1000000618.jpg

I've been observing these late flower clones and have noticed some differences in them.

These were harvested for clones at 8+ weeks into flower. The Durban Poison below took near two months to root and show growth. The growth it produces is heavy. Large branches like a fully mature plant in 8 weeks veg. The bud I regenerated was as solid a bud as ya can get. Very dense. So dense I thought the regeneration would fail. Anyways, it makes me scratch my head.
View attachment 360026View attachment 360027

However on the other side the Tangie does not show the same thickness of branches the DP does. Smaller more spindly branching which will eventually turn into large stems but slower than the DP. The Tangie clone was a lower growth clone...larf bud. Not as developed as the DP. Probably why I'm seeing the smaller growth. What ya think?
View attachment 360023View attachment 360024

The bud below hasn't begun to unfold into the plant yet. A lot more growth is coming. View attachment 360025
🤔

Do you add any Silica? It will do many things, and one is strengthening the inner cell walls of the stems to help harden them. Increase your fans, get them fluttering and swaying....

I had an AK47 that I never kept a real mom on, just kept taking cuttings off the bottom and making the cutting the new mom donor for next run.... it eventually did this same thing, weakened the stems to the point when the buds got larger the stems were unable to support them... and when I started to SCROG.

Buddy recommended Silica and after reading up on it and it's advantages, use it religiously...

Do you add any Silica? It will do many things, and one is strengthening the inner cell walls of the stems to help harden them. Increase your fans, get them fluttering and swaying....

I had an AK47 that I never kept a real mom on, just kept taking cuttings off the bottom and making the cutting the new mom donor for next run.... it eventually did this same thing, weakened the stems to the point when the buds got larger the stems were unable to support them... and when I started to SCROG.

Buddy recommended Silica and after reading up on it and it's advantages, use it religiously...
I've used silica outdoors and in a dwc setup it did its job. Adding it to my Jack's regime...I dunno bout that..lol

Only issue I have with silica is it can mess with ph. It can also throw off your npk if ya don't get it right. What I'm doing right now seems to be working. So I can't take the chance of adding new stuff.
I currently have damn near a whole gallon of the stuff. I was looking at it the other day just sitting there taking up space.

I may start using it as a foliar. I don't want to use it in my mix. But now that you bring it up I may have to single out a plant and give it a try. I'm open to it. May or may not help.

But then I ask myself. Your plants are fine, green, healthy, and growing like mad. Why add stuff if it's not needed. That answer is always...keep an open mind.

Thanks for sharing that Carty. It's great how we all try to help one another with little things we sometimes don't realize or see. Ya do a good job keeping folks current.

Making some up grades happen in the grow tents. Adding an additional tent and lamp to the mix.

Been eyeballing this 3x2 2in1 double chamber tent. Finally got it on its way to me. Should be here in a few days.
1000000642.png

I have some t5 strip lights that'll work good on the small side. I'll move my 300w into the 2x2 space. This little tent will be a good tool to have.

Szhlux 600w...Amazon $159 affordable and a very good lamp.
1000000638.png
1000000639.png
This and the 500w Adding lamp are going to give me all I need in the big tent. Between these two I'll get the 30+ watts per square foot.

Ive been using the 400w Szhlux and I'm super pleased with it. This 600 upgrade should really build some bud.

If your looking for a powerful lamp these are very good and affordable.

I've used silica outdoors and in a dwc setup it did its job. Adding it to my Jack's regime...I dunno bout that..lol

Only issue I have with silica is it can mess with ph. It can also throw off your npk if ya don't get it right. What I'm doing right now seems to be working. So I can't take the chance of adding new stuff.
I currently have damn near a whole gallon of the stuff. I was looking at it the other day just sitting there taking up space.

I may start using it as a foliar. I don't want to use it in my mix. But now that you bring it up I may have to single out a plant and give it a try. I'm open to it. May or may not help.

But then I ask myself. Your plants are fine, green, healthy, and growing like mad. Why add stuff if it's not needed. That answer is always...keep an open mind.

Thanks for sharing that Carty. It's great how we all try to help one another with little things we sometimes don't realize or see. Ya do a good job keeping folks current.

I tried silica once, and it made my pH go way up.
I have also been leery of using it with Jacks.

I tried silica once, and it made my pH go way up.
I have also been leery of using it with Jacks.
I might try it on my problem girls outside. I have a couple that are needing some help. I also had to move My plants out from the pool wall it was cooking the buds that were near it. Makes sense since it is concrete and with the temps in upper 90s. I can see it having an adverse effect. I wouldn’t want to stand next to a hot concrete wall for over 10 hours a day. The Last 4-5 hours it is in shade but by then the damage is done. Good I saw it in time to keep the others from the same danger.

Cinderella99

6 weeks 12/12...

I made an error setting a timer a few weeks ago. This girl has been getting 14/10. I fixed the problem two nights ago and made sure both lamps were 12/12. This error has kinda reset the clock a little bit but things should move quickly now. I guess some use 14/10 to flower. I have no hands on experience with it...except this error.
1000000646.jpg
1000000649.jpg

She's moving along. Long way to go yet but gaining some weight now and putting out some frost.
1000000654.jpg
1000000653.jpg
1000000655.jpg

The under carriage is starting to drop leaf that gets no longer gets light.
1000000656.jpg

That error may have helped things a little. It gave my screen plants a little more growth. They should really take off now.

They’re looking great mate, I’ve heard about flowering under 14/10 do you think it helps or hinders.
I dunno. I've never done it before till now. I think it just set me back a week or more. The 5 girls are just now starting actually flower.

To me it just kinda gave me a few weeks of vegging into the screen and held my C99 suspended in flower at the same time. That makes sense? Lol

Tangie...this is getting interesting. Pulled all growth outwards again tonight. The plant is maybe a total of 6-7" high. I see a square outlined by bud with smaller growth filling the interior of the screen by the end. Gonna be interesting.
1000000679.jpg
1000000680.jpg
1000000681.jpg

More moving around lately. Ive got a lot going on.

Floating Scrog....seems to be catching on in my garden. I now have more plants wearing a funny 20x24 hat..lol
Durban Poison
1000000688.jpg
1000000689.jpg

Strawberry Banana was pulled from under the scrog. It is growing but not really upwards. Seems to just pack on leaf. She's now spread out a little better and more of the plant is getting light.
1000000685.jpg
1000000683.jpg

I'm kinda liking this method. I'm using it in veg to shape the plant more. Seems to make it a little easier versus using a tie down for each stem.
Trying it out in flower. I'm not sure how that'll go but I'm gonna find out.

Got the new lamp mounted. Lays out a nice big footprint. I need to get in there n adjust it a little. That makes 1100w. I'm good to go in the big tent. I hope they like the new Sun God.
1000000687.jpg

Latest posts

Back