Cloning wars

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SHHHHH PLEASE DONT TELL MY BUDDIES WHAT I GOT GROWING
IMG_1749.jpeg
IMG_1750.jpeg
IMG_1754.jpeg

So I picked up some Rapid Rooter plugs. I'm planning on some air layering with them but that's not the issue here.

Ive never used them to clone. Wanted to try something different.

So my plan I'm thinking of is...take a cut clone, prepare it, put it in the plug and bury it in a cup of vermiculite.

Would that work? Should I just use promix instead? I'm scratching my head trying to to figure out where to start with these..lol

So I picked up some Rapid Rooter plugs. I'm planning on some air layering with them but that's not the issue here.

So my plan I'm thinking of is...take a cut clone, prepare it, put it in the plug and bury it in a cup of vermiculite.

Would that work? Should I just use promix instead? I'm scratching my head trying to to figure out where to start with these..lol
You clone really well already why change what works?

I've use Rapid Rooters for germinating seeds.
I clone in a bubbler or soil.

You clone really well already why change what works?
Because I'm open minded to everything..lol. I've not played with them before soooo.

Tap water jars work well for me but if I find something that may help a flowering clone root faster would be worth the effort.

I really got them for the air layering project. I want to use it to harvest rooted larger branches. The clones would be a small plant instantly after it roots. I've got some ideas on this.

I'll have a lot of clones soon after I clean out under my screen. Was just curious as to how folks use these to clone.

Good to know seed does well in them. They seem like they hold moisture well.
I start my tomatoes, peppers and other veggie seeds in them every year.
I set them in a plastic tray and keep them wet.
When I drop the seed in the hole I pinch a little piece of the rapid rooter off and cover the hole.
Put them under a Led light and have pretty much 100% germination rate.

Vermiculate will work. Done it before, and I'll most likely do it again.
I did read what ya posted about vermiculite. So ya think maybe throw the plug n clone in a cup of that would be good? Or would peat do.

They should make them flat like Rockwool cubes..lol i dunno, I'm just gonna play around with it. Try a few different things. May find something I like..lol

Latest posts

Back