Auto's Done Carty's Way

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice looking man ya got there. The ladies are gonna love him..lol

What's your thoughts on stem rubs for males? I have run across a few threads of guys doing that. Something about male selection blah blah blah. Just curious if you've read or don't it before.

Nice looking man ya got there. The ladies are gonna love him..lol

What's your thoughts on stem rubs for males? I have run across a few threads of guys doing that. Something about male selection blah blah blah. Just curious if you've read or don't it before.
I'm by no means a breeder or knowledgeable in the field.
I only kept him because if his structure, the others were small and weak. I'll make another batch of beans and hunt those down for a male that looks like this
IMG_20200807_132640_320.jpg

I would like you to grow the Ice princess I sent you. You should get them in a few days. I mailed them last week. In a coin flip in a card. I think I sent you some WW too. I started fems on my smallest Maui today. I chose the smaller one incase I kill it like I did with the last ones I tried to make. I am doing the whole plant not just a few branches. If I am successful I will bring it inside and it cab self pollinate the hell out of itself. I will also let her go until they are falling out of the pods. The weed you have to throw out. So just let it go until the end of its life cycle.
But you have these listed as Not An Auto and that is all I'm running atm. I was actually jazzed about the WW not being fem's.. Talk about a great oppurtunity to work with the WW, one of my goals too... going back to old school. Are these sourced from a seed bank or a friend?

But you have these listed as Not An Auto and that is all I'm running atm. I was actually jazzed about the WW not being fem's.. Talk about a great oppurtunity to work with the WW, one of my goals too... going back to old school. Are these sourced from a seed bank or a friend?
Those are the ones I made. I got the original seeds from JustCannabisSeed. I really liked the size and structure of them they get huge so I made more

Those are the ones I made. I got the original seeds from JustCannabisSeed. I really liked the size and structure of them they get huge so I made more
Jan... I can send these to my best bro Draig who works with photo periods, of course save me a few... talking about the C99 cross.. I know he loves it also. he could make us more seeds if your wanting, cross it to something.... like to keep it as is for the first seed batch before working it further... worthy of preserving.

He is sending me 1000 GDP x Beast Mode, 600 Double Purple x GDP with 100 to share with y'all.. others being sold on my site. Oh, did I not tell you folks.

Well, let's make the announcement then....

Carty Cartel is being added to the budman site. because so far the Cartel makes up the site owner, Budman and our friend Sean.
www.budman420.com

I will be being introduced there soon as the only seed sponsor, a link to the site here will be added since I've been given permission on that. hoping this takes off so I can sell my seeds legally in legal states... if I have to, I'll move to Ohio just across the KY border of where my wife grew up to become a legal guy...

some serious thinking going on atm...

I have decided on what to run next.... the other day I was watching some Squatch stuff on youtube. My favorite guy to listen to is Dixie Cryptid. He doesn't push the stuff, just reads letters from others encounters without judgement. I thought to myself, this would be a cool debate grow....

So, I taught I taw a puddy tat, it wasn't.. It was a Samsquatch, or an Ape.. let's see.

1 - Fem'd Samsquatch
2 - Fem'd Forged x Samsquatch
2 - Fem'd Orange Orangutan by Sniper Seeds, thank you Gary Repins, your seeds rock.. let's see if you can beat up a Squatch....

So in the next few months we'll see if it's an Ape or a Squatch that rules.... hahahaha

I started this post last night at 2am, passed out... logged on today and it's still here so, here goes.

Seeing how this thread is called "Autos done Carty's way" I want to keep reinforcing my techniques I think some of you are not doing correctly or taking it seriously. I'm proving time and again that the removal of early growth gives Autos a growth spurt.

Week 2 is when I usually do this... Remove the cotyledon leaf's.... the little round ones that pop up first at birth.... the single blade leaf, bye bye.... and above that, the first set of branches, gone. I used to leave these on but have found removing them really promotes upward growth of healthy future buddage and makes for larger fat buds....
IMG_20240625_233924.jpg

now, careful removing these cotyledon leaf's.. they peel off and sometimes can run deep into the root area... so pull carefully. why is this a good thing. It will cause the stem to harden off now making it stronger to support the plant. discovered this 15yrs ago experimenting.
IMG_20240625_233036~2.jpg

The week before I had already removed the cotyledon leaf's and the single blade... here I am removing the first set of branches just below the cradle area....
IMG_20240625_233321~2.jpg

by removing the round leaf, and all growth between them and the area I call "The Cradle"... to get here you remove the following:
Round cotyledon leaf
1 set of single bladed leaf
1st 2 branches just below this cradle area...

Results:
After a week of doing this trimming, your plant will sprout upward and almost double in size.. the plant can now concentrate all it's growth on upward branching. removing all this growth leaves behind the main cola and 4-6 branches. the recent lollipop grow just reinforced this technique to build the best buds.

Jan 1 was trimmed 2wks ago
IMG_20240625_233306.jpg

done last week
IMG_20240625_232903.jpg

the others just now hitting their 2wks mark just had it done.
IMG_20240625_232540.jpg

IMG_20240625_232324.jpg

Last edited:
Good info Carty.
I cannot stress enough how important some of these things are early on in the life of an auto to prevent stunting from occurring.. Growers start photo periods in these Solo cups and, with a longer vegging period they can overcome the early stunting by catching back up. Autos have 2, maybe 3wks for vegging so to win with them you seriously have to have a strong veg game.
Want to improve your veg game BIG TIME. by HLUX lights. a Tubed LED daytime spectrum that using 4 of these out performs my big light for veg.

Today the 1gal orchid pots all got washed up, then soaked in CLR solution to finish removing the calcium built up at the drain holes. Rinse and then run thru the dishwasher and walla... ready to go.

Soil: Miracle Grow moisture control soil for containers.... 3mos of food.
I've tried them all folks.... Roots Organics was my favorite, then they were bought out and like always, changed the formula to cheaper.. all the guano chunks were gone as were the worm castings... used to have to break the soil up by hand, and they'd be black when done from all the guano...
MG soil never fails...... I prefer adding extra perlite whenever possible..

Foods: FoxFarm 3 way and Bushmaster for Calmag..... a little Silica and some bud finisher last 2wks....

Remember, no foods until the end of week 1...

Seeds are going in for a soak tonight.... this will be my 4th of July grow... the day I met my wife 37yrs ago...

Today the 1gal orchid pots all got washed up, then soaked in CLR solution to finish removing the calcium built up at the drain holes. Rinse and then run thru the dishwasher and walla... ready to go.

Soil: Miracle Grow moisture control soil for containers.... 3mos of food.
I've tried them all folks.... Roots Organics was my favorite, then they were bought out and like always, changed the formula to cheaper.. all the guano chunks were gone as were the worm castings... used to have to break the soil up by hand, and they'd be black when done from all the guano...
MG soil never fails...... I prefer adding extra perlite whenever possible..

Foods: FoxFarm 3 way and Bushmaster for Calmag..... a little Silica and some bud finisher last 2wks....

Remember, no foods until the end of week 1...

Seeds are going in for a soak tonight.... this will be my 4th of July grow... the day I met my wife 37yrs ago...
I wanted to kill my hubby after 12 yrs so congrats on finding someone that don’t want to kill you. Mine passed in 2008 so I never got the chance. He had kidney failure by his own hand. He was heavy drinker with diabetes and never listen to a word the Dr ever said. Wouldn't watch his diet either. I will just take more insulin was his thoughts… the dumb ass. I still loved him. God love is blind.

I wanted to kill my hubby after 12 yrs so congrats on finding someone that don’t want to kill you. Mine passed in 2008 so I never got the chance. He had kidney failure by his own hand. He was heavy drinker with diabetes and never listen to a word the Dr ever said. Wouldn't watch his diet either. I will just take more insulin was his thoughts… the dumb ass. I still loved him. God love is blind.
Sounds like my kid brother... 6yrs younger then me and looks like he's 10yrs older from drinking... and I mean hard drinking. wanna hear how Karma works. The very home he tried sticking my mom in twice instead of caring for her like promised, he is now stuck in himself and is trapped there... no DL or car, has to get one of them blow things and he's always broke so never gonna happen.. has to sign over 80% of his check to them... he got everything he deserves. treated mom so poorly, she over used insulin to end it verses living with that creep of a son... she could of held on another few months she could of come to live with us in our new place... RIP mom.. your out of pain at least. so, Karma really is a biotch so treat others the way you expect to be treated... now he's pissed because he cannot live here.... HA.

Hey Jan.... wanna hear a trust & love story. Ladybug (wife) allows me to cut her hair now. I watched a youtube video and told her, I can do that. so she trusted me a few months ago to try... omg I'm a hair stylist to... so 2 days ago I touched up her cut and I did more of a Bob this time without layering it.. really gave it some body as she has super thin hair.... then she put purple underneath kinda... looks cool... you can see it on FB. Did mine first, then hers.. saved us $60. hahaha

Ok... Jan has asked me a favor and, with all she is doing for me how can a guy say no right....

Ice Princess, a photo period of hers, shall be added to my next grow.

Want to grow a photo period like an Auto... veg 2wks and flip. done this for years to keep my plants from going over 4ft, height of my tents. so, I'll be adding 4 of these in 2 pots... allows me to choose and cull early on in attempts of finding a female to run...

If I hadn't decided and already announced the Squatch Off, I'd run her WW Auto too.... one I'm wanting to run really bad as she is now part of Beast Mode crosses.... but, leave the seed making up to my breeders who, I cannot thank enough...

Update from one of my other Breeders..... "Rain Today"

Great news. Miss Piggy Auto has officially been preserved. she's another older Auto of mine and thought I'd lost her. A cross of Mephisto's Man Bear Alien Pig x Gabagoo F2.
Example of her grown outdoors in the Humboldt Mtns,
Miss  Piggy in Cali b.jpg

the huge 1/2 acre of Miss Piggy (seeded) that got confiscated after a shooting on the property took a life. cops took my crop and thousands of seeds.. the other 1/2 acre was Gabagoo F2 stock... sniff sniff.. waaaah... lol just glad my buddy Bush Dr got out of there safely and back home.... long time brother and UK buddy I'm proud to call a real friend...
she has finally been preserved after sitting on a last pk of seeds for years..

Last time she was grown, a buddy up in Conn grew her outdoors 3yrs ago.. he had to trim her after neighbors driving in front of his 2 story home could see her in his backyard... harvested 8lbs after losing 3lbs to bottom branches breaking off in the rain the night before when it poured... buds were laying in mud all night so he tossed all those. Sent me 2oz of it, she's unreal.

Since Rain was concentrating on just making seeds he hit them all with pollen early on and we all know this stunts all plants as they switch energy modes from bud production to see making...
Mr Piggy
Mr Miss Piggy.jpeg

Miss Piggy
Miss Piggy a.jpeg

MBAP
Man Bear Alien Pig male.jpeg

Gabagoo F4
Gabagoo F4 seeded.jpeg
Gabagoo F4 #2...jpeg

Beast Mode
Beast Mode just for seeds.jpeg
Isn't she cute. all seeded up ... what you do growing these seeds out from here... shit can any new offspring that shows sex before week 3. these will be your runts and why you really want to drop all 10 seeds when they arrive to ya's.. give yourself a better chance of locating that bigger side of the cross... because with Sour60 being in their genetic makeup, small plants will occur..

Latest posts

Back