What is in your backyard?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A phallus mushroom from one of my ornamental gardens. Wonder how they came up with the name…😂
IMG_4046.jpeg

1000004067.jpg
20240908_150210.jpg
20240908_150114.jpg
20240908_150042.jpg
20240908_144524.jpg
20240908_144512.jpg
20240908_144358.jpg
20240908_143939.jpg

Best time of year for the backyard. Not many bugs, Jerusalem artichoke and pawpaw doing great. My neighbor's clone she's been feeding MG general purpose. Bigger and further ahead than my Jack's bloom fed twin at my place. A close up of OG Kush buds that are surprisingly far along. Leaves are all yellow. Just needs fattening. It'll be the 1st chop.
20240908_160021.jpg
20240908_160115.jpg
20240908_160021.jpg

Bobcats, coyotes, fox, Raccoons, opossums, TONS of deer...Bald eagles, hawks, owls, vultures-- you name it--if it can live in Michigan- it's back there!
We have had dozens of Black Bear and Cougar sightings w/photo's within half a mile of here...so we fenced in an area for the dogs... which means the deer come closer now!
12 Sept 1st.jpeg

fawn 8-17  2024.jpg

Best time of year for the backyard. Not many bugs, Jerusalem artichoke and pawpaw doing great. My neighbor's clone she's been feeding MG general purpose. Bigger and further ahead than my Jack's bloom fed twin at my place. A close up of OG Kush buds that are surprisingly far along. Leaves are all yellow. Just needs fattening. It'll be the 1st chop.
You have a BEAUTIFUL property!
Looks like the Great Lakes area??
And you have PAWPAWS!!??? Am trying to get plants lined up for this coming spring!! 👍

You have a BEAUTIFUL property!
Looks like the Great Lakes area??
And you have PAWPAWS!!??? Am trying to get plants lined up for this coming spring!! 👍
Northern Ohio. Probably about as far north as natural pawpaws bear fruit. More fruit than I can remember this season. Eagle nests all around. Deer, turkey, fox, and mink. I'm about three miles from Lake Erie.

Got one eagle nest on the property down by the creek. All kinds of chicken eating hawks. I haven't seen the great blue herons lately, but they're around. Neet looking bird to watch when they fly. They almost look prehistoric the way their legs hang out behind them.

Northern Ohio. Probably about as far north as natural pawpaws bear fruit. More fruit than I can remember this season. Eagle nests all around. Deer, turkey, fox, and mink. I'm about three miles from Lake Erie.
PawPaws are actually native to Michigan- but because of the de-foresting and such- almost unknown here anymore!
We even have a City named Pawpaw because so many used to grow there!
I want to plant a good sized patch of them, plus replace the blueberry bushes the goat ate...we have 5 100+ year old apple trees we are working on... getting a small homestead going!

Got both flavors of those woodpeckers here at the ranch. The downey's are the size of a sparrow, and the hairy's are the size of a bluejay. Except for size, they're almost identical. The males have red on the back of their heads.
We lost a lot of ash trees due to the emerald ash borer. I used to cut them down and burn the wood, but I quit when I found out that the little downey's live their entire life in a four acre area. Bird's gotta have somewhere to call home, and it might just as well be here.

Latest posts

Back