The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So.... how do you tell you baby sister a year younger that a month is too long to visit.. we talked about her coming down and decided 10 days to 2wks. 2 days later she sends me copies of her tickets.. Arriving on July 31's instead of Aug10th, and, leaving on Aug 28th. Um, not seen you in over 10yrs, and not sure we can even get along for more then 2wks. besides, company starts to get stink after a week... so a month..

And to boot, the hottest month of the year with most hurricane issues. ugh. I love my sis but geez...

I did talk to her and her departing ticket is open ended, meaning, she has the option to change it to whatever. so... we'll see how it goes, but, anyone ever have company stay that dang long... LOL.
I hope y’all have a wonderful reconnect, and you end up feeling like a month was too short in the end.

So.... how do you tell you baby sister a year younger that a month is too long to visit.. we talked about her coming down and decided 10 days to 2wks. 2 days later she sends me copies of her tickets.. Arriving on July 31's instead of Aug10th, and, leaving on Aug 28th. Um, not seen you in over 10yrs, and not sure we can even get along for more then 2wks. besides, company starts to get stink after a week... so a month..

And to boot, the hottest month of the year with most hurricane issues. ugh. I love my sis but geez...

I did talk to her and her departing ticket is open ended, meaning, she has the option to change it to whatever. so... we'll see how it goes, but, anyone ever have company stay that dang long... LOL.
I just lost my Sis last week. I miss her dearly. Hope you have a great visit and make good memories.
I'm the last of my immediate family. It sucks brother.😢

Just piss her off when you want her out. If that don't work show her the door.
I hope y’all have a wonderful reconnect, and you end up feeling like a month was too short in the end.
that would be nice. My family sucks so that why my comment was a bit harsh. Your sis you do you. WH is right time on the place is short and you cant get back time lost., Maybe time will fly. Is she a stoner? Lol

Just piss her off when you want her out. If that don't work show her the door.

that would be nice. My family sucks so that why my comment was a bit harsh. Your sis you do you. WH is right time on the place is short and you cant get back time lost., Maybe time will fly. Is she a stoner? Lol
Yes remember my sister and her Husband came Dec 8-22 and stayed until Mar 3 2023 just under 3 months. It worked out fine but we talk at least once a week and she helps whenever possible. She even insisted on taking care of dad for the time she was here to give me a break.

Well, it looks like the continuing saga of the dead string trimmer has came to an end thanks to the Old Hen. I talked to my wrench buddy Randy yesterday. He said he was givin' up on it. I told him I'd be over sometime this weekend to pick it up for the scrap pile. Old Hen went shopping like she does damn near every day and came back with groceries. I was in the reloading room plugging away at some sort of organization, and she asked me if I could give her a hand.
Went out to the car and she popped the hatch. You guessed it; A brand new string trimmer with a five year warranty.

Well, it looks like the continuing saga of the dead string trimmer has came to an end thanks to the Old Hen. I talked to my wrench buddy Randy yesterday. He said he was givin' up on it. I told him I'd be over sometime this weekend to pick it up for the scrap pile. Old Hen went shopping like she does damn near every day and came back with groceries. I was in the reloading room plugging away at some sort of organization, and she asked me if I could give her a hand.
Went out to the car and she popped the hatch. You guessed it; A brand new string trimmer with a five year warranty.
Gas, or battery?

I got a pretty good electric one last year, I got tired of fighting to keep the two gas ones running. It surprised me how long it last, and how strong..it come with a thicker cord, I haven't even tried yet.

Same with me, I get tired of tinkering with the gas weed eaters in an effort to keep them running right.
My BIL got a rechargeable Makita that has really impressed me.
I will probably get something like it, next time.

FB_IMG_1721572630982.jpg

Well, I finished off my butter.....I usually make a pound, and had about 3-4 ounces of trim, with some popcorn buds in it too. I got 130 chocolate chip cookies, and of course I had to try one, for quality... 😁 🤪🤪
Only way to know😁

Damn near forgot that today is my brother's and my oldest niece's (his daughter) birthday. I always found it wild that his first born child was born on his birthday. It's funny that when she was 2-3 years old, her mother confused my baby pictures with ones of her when she was at my mother's house and saw them hanging on the wall. Even funnier, when my daughter was a baby, she looked more like him than she did me!

Get yer mind outta the gutter. It ain't like that. 🤪

Damn near forgot that today is my brother's and my oldest niece's (his daughter) birthday. I always found it wild that his first born child was born on his birthday. It's funny that when she was 2-3 years old, her mother confused my baby pictures with ones of her when she was at my mother's house and saw them hanging on the wall. Even funnier, when my daughter was a baby, she looked more like him than she did me!

Happy birthday to them!

432332818_383878551240780_6661246031172030882_n.jpg

Spent the last 5 doing battle with the clutter in the left side of the attached garages. I swear I did it 2-3 years ago. It's amazing just how much crap you can accumulate in that length of time. Tool stuff is gonna be kept, garage sale stuff is going to Goodwill, and a lot of crap is going to the local landfill. Tired of not being able to find stuff or at least walk around.
Great weather for doing it. Nice breeze and mild temps, but I'm still whipped.

and hippies love of tooth brushes was formed

Spent the last 5 doing battle with the clutter in the left side of the attached garages. I swear I did it 2-3 years ago. It's amazing just how much crap you can accumulate in that length of time. Tool stuff is gonna be kept, garage sale stuff is going to Goodwill, and a lot of crap is going to the local landfill. Tired of not being able to find stuff or at least walk around.
Great weather for doing it. Nice breeze and mild temps, but I'm still whipped.
Know what your talking about, I have been taking it room by room...We got a barn built last year, well, 12 x 16 is a barn to me...So I have been trying to clean out, and re-organize things...Stuff I forgot I had...stuff, I don't know why I kept, but here it is....lol

Latest posts

Back