The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As the final scene fades to black, we get the credits with an image of nature in the background. It's a stark contrast from the dire mood of the ending. The images are reminiscent of an earlier scene in the movie where Sol Roth (Edward G. Robinson) undergoes euthanasia, and as part of the process, he looks at images of forests and ocean life, both of which are long gone from the film's dystopian world. It's almost as if to imply Frank was forced to go through the same thing. With a pessimistic perspective, it's easy to see a situation where Frank dies and Soylent Industries goes about its business, calling the entire incident "fake news."

Even witnessing it with your own eyes is not easy for me. Like boo said the Florida keys are and dying fast...the coral is bleached out due to temps of 101 degrees...mebbe a year and they're gone for good...
maybe it is just Mother Nature at work but it’s hard to see something I’ve seen my whole life like the coral reef in the keys just die off practically overnight…
98% of the life that's been on this planet has gone extinct. 95% went extinct before the man-apes ever came down out of the trees. The world evolves.
Approval has been given to use human remains as farm fertilizer on crops ...
The Germans were way ahead of the times.

but, .. but .. so were the japaneese

298810-be9fab666a0038d2c174fb18e004f492.png

I am an old man and I am grateful that I continue to get older. I would much prefer to torch my entire empire rather than give it to some *******. I’ve lived a good life and have no intentions of letting a stranger set foot on my property without putting my life at risk…this isn’t my house, it’s my life and home… the boys, and I will defend the homestead until we are unable to do so…

nice to be old and see the dirt 6 ft below your eyes instead of looking up at the dirt ... I hope I make it to 70, got 3 more to go.... every day it seems I get surprised

my cooking tweeker neighbor found out my thoughts again yesterday ..

I am an old man and I am grateful that I continue to get older. I would much prefer to torch my entire empire rather than give it to some *******. I’ve lived a good life and have no intentions of letting a stranger set foot on my property without putting my life at risk…this isn’t my house, it’s my life and home… the boys, and I will defend the homestead until we are unable to do so…
I'd be proud to stand shoulder to shoulder with you.

Amen brother. I am armed to the teeth. It will make the six o'clock news.

Bubba

This young buck is up before the old farts this morning y’all better tighten up! But seriously it’s too damn early to be up. I might as well get a cup of coffe and start my day I’m taking my kids and nieces/nephews tubing before they go back to school so I should have a busy day.

He
nice to be old and see the dirt 6 ft below your eyes instead of looking up at the dirt ... I hope I make it to 70, got 3 more to go.... every day it seems I get surprised

my cooking tweeker neighbor found out my thoughts again yesterday ..
Jeeebus... I remember thinkin' I hoped I'd see 30. Nowadays, I doan givvashit.

You gotta make it Patwi -- Just be too fargin pissymean to die, is all. While we are on this subject:

Puck, my Chuck Norris-type son, showed up at the Chateau yesterday with a present for his mama's birthday... Seems he went out in the early-early (just past midnight) and swam out to the reef (about 300 yards).

He caught 12 nice lobsters, and presented her with a dozen big tails.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back