The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1662825147610.png

Got a question for the gun nut brain trust: I've got two fairly large safes, one's a Treadlock, and the other is a Bighorn Classic, both with dials, the Bighorn with a dial and a three spoke wheel. I've got the numbers, but I can't seem to figure out the dial sequence to open the blasted things. Anybody got a clue?

Got a question for the gun nut brain trust: I've got two fairly large safes, one's a Treadlock, and the other is a Bighorn Classic, both with dials, the Bighorn with a dial and a three spoke wheel. I've got the numbers, but I can't seem to figure out the dial sequence to open the blasted things. Anybody got a clue?
I can be there in 45 minutes if you can provide snacks ...

Hipster:

Not sure I understand, but commonly safes like that open with this example sequence --

GIVEN: 39-58-41 <-- That's all you got.

Follow these steps:

1. Turn the dial to the LEFT about four or five times until you get loose, and STOP on the number 39.

2. Turn the dial to the RIGHT s-l-o-w-l-y while paying attention... Turn it until number 58 comes up the THIRD time.

3. Turn the dial to the LEFT until number 41 comes up the SECOND time.

4. Turn the dial to the RIGHT until the thing goes "KLUNK" and you can turn the wheel or swing the handle and open the sucker.

If this works, feel free to send me 10% of the contents. Or a hookah.

Hips: Not sure I understand, but commonly safes like that open with a sequence such as this example --

GIVEN: 39-58-41 <-- That's all you got.

Follow these steps:

1. Turn the dial to the LEFT about four or five times until you get loose, and STOP on the number 39.

2. Turn the dial to the RIGHT s-l-o-w-l-y while paying attention... Turn it until number 58 comes up the THIRD time.

3. Turn the dial to the LEFT until number 41 comes up the SECOND time.

4. Turn the dial to the RIGHT until the thing goes "KLUNK" and you can turn the wheel or swing the handle and open the sucker.

If this works, feel free to send me 10% of the contents.
gonnna copy and paste ,resend it and only want 6% of what in there sucha deal!

Thanks, and sorry guys, but I found through a little internet cruzing that Winchester and Bighorn safes are the same. The instructions were exactly what Walt said. Worked like a charm. Treadlock was basically the same, got it open on the second try. Funny thing is, I'd hand written the instructions for the Bighorn safe and locked 'em in the Treadlock!
Gonna open 'em both everyday for a week, and then once a week after.
I won't bore you with just how many thousands of bucks were wrapped up in those safes 'cause you'd call me a liar.

Would an extra large sized piece of raisin pie make ya's happy?

Latest posts

Back