Smach's 2024 Virginia outdoor grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WPM is some hateful stuff. I've used Agrowlyte and something else...the stuff you get at brewing shops...Potassium Chloride or something...with decent results, but it's a constant battle. Since I'm a three-plant backyard grower I can pamper my garden and I blow a $25 fan from Amazon on them 24/7 starting soon through harvest. Can you believe it? I guess it helps.
Yeah I knew this was gonna happen. Thise plants were started fir an indoor grow but they were such slow starters I tossed em outside because I was suppose to flip my indoor stuff 4 weeks ago and then got hit with heat stress and a P deficiency so I help off and now I wish I'd left em inside lol

Day 61

Independence Day! Bugs, humidity, heat-- July in Central Virginia.

I'll celebrate with the arrival of powdery mildew on one of the GSC. That's to be expected this time of year around here. I sprayed with half-strength Agrowlyte.

IMG_8119.jpg

Also a little weirdness on new growth. I would guess calcium deficiency, but I have been feeding Cal-mag every other watering, so no idea. It has come on pretty quickly; hope it doesn't continue on this trajectory.

IMG_8120.jpg

I love growing outside but I live in the desert not VA. I usually only get flys and aphids. Flys dont ruin the crop but are annoying. Aphids suck the will demolish an entire plant quick too. DE is my friend. Time for another round on some. I left the flower bed undusted and they are going to town in there. Looks like more rain in the forecast. It is good if we ger a good saturating rain a day or so ahead of the 4th. Then when the Idiots from TX come blow off fireworks on the NM side of State line rd, They wont set the desert on fire. On the 5th theres a big mess and a lot of burned spots in the desert. Last year wasn't bad at all. It rained just before the 4th like this year. Rain this time of year is a blessing.

Looks like your getting the full Monty of bugs n junk. Pm and what looks like thrips damage too.
I always planted more that what I wanted outdoors. Your gonna loose some. It's just the way it is.I'

I've heard of thrips but don't think I've seen them or their damage before. What do you see that suggests thrips?

Latest posts

Back