Random Thought Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Big,, change your vote and I'll send her over.🥰
1688255537932.png

Okay,,who's the ass.hole that changed their vote? I want my money back.😁

I can’t figure out how to argue against the Suez Canal example logically. I looked for info on the web and found one article about the level of the Red Sea and Mediterranean Sea being approximately the same but the further explanation doesn’t hold water(pun intended) for me. I looked at it geometrically and the height of the arc of a circle(or sphere) looks like over 100 miles (assuming the radius is about 4000 miles) is about 1600 ft(not 6000 but still a very significant distance when the canal is about 75 ft deep). Surface tension I don’t think could ‘push’ that much water 1600 ft high. I thought about possibly centrifugal or centripetal forces but can’t square it in my head either. I do believe in gravity but that could be just from 50+ years of believing in it and knowing when I trip, I fall like an apple onto Newtons head. I have seen charts of airline flight paths that are really odd on a sphere but nearly straight lines on a ‘flat’ earth. All that being said, I am still in the spherical earth camp(again that could be 50+ years of assuming what I was taught is correct). However, the picture of the ‘snow globe’ earth doesn’t explain why sunset and sunrise is at different times in different parts of the world. I like to have my beliefs challenged though. It is always good to try to figure out things for one’s self.

Latest posts

Back