Random Thought Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you ever want to get away from it all. This is the place Tiny speck in the Indian Ocean
IMG_1690.jpeg

but a great getaway work trip for those that are adventurous
IMG_1689.jpeg

the USS Florida

I would miss my Momma....
Yes you do kinda get lonesome for family. But it was a nice break from home base where everything was normal. No families are allowed just a whole island of mostly hardheads Navy and civilian. The trips were about 30-90 days, the money was good, no place to spend it so when you got home you were sitting pretty not much to do there but they had fishing trips or diving when you weren’t working as well as other island fun like eating and becoming an alcoholic 🤣 no vehicles allowed bicycle was the way to the boat And around the limited area you were allowed. They do secret squirrel stuff there.

Coconut crabs in Diego Garcia We take care of submarines here in this secret spot about as far away on this flat earth you can go. Getting a trip here to work is paradise and quite a treat. these crabs are protected there and they are everywhere. Don’t know why I’m random thought-ing about this place. Maybe the crawdad thing.
View attachment 336392
Coconuts remind me of swallows, both African and European…

Yes you do kinda get lonesome for family. But it was a nice break from home base where everything was normal. No families are allowed just a whole island of mostly hardheads Navy and civilian. The trips were about 30-90 days, the money was good, no place to spend it so when you got home you were sitting pretty not much to do there but they had fishing trips or diving when you weren’t working as well as other island fun like eating and becoming an alcoholic 🤣 no vehicles allowed bicycle was the way to the boat And around the limited area you were allowed. They do secret squirrel stuff there.
Thats the makings of a song Subbie ! Two electricians meet on a island doing govt top secret work ,one asks after a while " you get high ?" . Working on the second verse....

Latest posts

Back