Random Thought Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still waiting for my answer from the flat earthers.
Where is the edge?
We are vacationing in Cape May NJ this week. There is a place called sunset beach where you can watch the sun set into the water. The body of water is the Chesapeake Bay. Looking west, if the earth were flat(and by extension the bay would be flat), the sun should set into Delaware (which is 17 miles away) but it doesn’t. It disappears into the bay. I don’t know if a lot of places where the curvature of the earth could be inferred by observation of the sun setting. For those that would argue that you can’t see objects 17 miles away, I would argue that I can see stars light years away…

Surveyors, engineers, and architects never factor in the supposed curvature of the earth into their projects.
The Suez Canal is 100 miles long with zero curvature.

If earth was a ball, there should be a 6,669ft drop from one end of the canal to the other, but the canal has no locks because the terrain through which it passes is flat.

IMG_4880.jpeg

Still waiting for my answer from the flat earthers.
Where is the edge?
Toledo.
Surveyors, engineers, and architects never factor in the supposed curvature of the earth into their projects.

If earth was a ball, there should be a 6,669ft drop from one end of the canal to the other, but the canal has no locks because the terrain through which it passes is flat.

View attachment 332503
Research the effects of gravity and get back to me.

View attachment 332503
one hundred miles in the overall grand scheme of things is infantesimal...if the earth was flat all pictures of it from outer space would be the same...how can you explain satellites orbiting a flat plane...:rolleyes:

there is no edge

there is a linear plane and it does not end

there are other civilizations on the plane

Richard Byrd found the linear plane
That does not hold water. So your saying there is no ending to a flat object? Come on brother.

How would one (Big) explain satellites orbiting the earth? Do they call the people living on the other side THE PEOPLE FROM DOWNTOWN???

Imagine the wooden cross as a flat earth. Logically the satellites just hang from the flat earth and uhh....move when the plate that is earth spins

1688179874262.png

View attachment 332503
I was a land surveyor for 35 years and depending on the scale of the job earth's curvature is definitely in the calculations.
Here's a simple.example on a small scale.
https://www.caddmicrosystems.com/blog/earth-curvature/

We are vacationing in Cape May NJ this week. There is a place called sunset beach where you can watch the sun set into the water. The body of water is the Chesapeake Bay. Looking west, if the earth were flat(and by extension the bay would be flat), the sun should set into Delaware (which is 17 miles away) but it doesn’t. It disappears into the bay. I don’t know if a lot of places where the curvature of the earth could be inferred by observation of the sun setting. For those that would argue that you can’t see objects 17 miles away, I would argue that I can see stars light years away…
When my ex was pissed off at me I could see it b4 she pulled into the driveway

Latest posts

Back