Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm really jonesing for a pup exactly like those. Promised myself a year's break before I got another. I've got a big property and I'm not sure I can keep up with another GSD.
GS is a breed that does take a lot of attention. Like having another kid around.

How long ago did you lose your shepherd?

That goes with just about any dog breed. If you're doing your job, all dogs need/want/love all the attention you can give 'em.
True enough, but not all the breeds try as hard as a German Shepherd to make you happy, or are as intelligent.

On a dog IQ scale, where the mean/average is 80, the German Shepherds IQ is 85 to 90, with some over 100.

Last edited:
My last new dog is a Border Collie. Supposed to be one of the smartest breeds. Sam? Not so much, but he's smart in many ways. From what he loses in smarts, he more than makes up in heart and guts.
When I went into the hospital to get half a lung sliced out, I worried about my girls, but I knew ole Sammy would die if needed to protect them. The fact that both the girls are expert shots helped, too.

True enough, but not all the breeds try as hard as a German Shepherd to make you happy, or are as intelligent.

On a dog IQ scale, where the mean/average is 80, the German Shepherds IQ is 85 to 90, with some over 100.
Thats smarter than some humans

Last edited:
GS is a breed that does take a lot of attention. Like having another kid around.

How long ago did you lose your shepherd?
End of May. We're both retired and were the entire time we had our last shepherd. It paid off as Olive was a beautifully mannered animal. They take time and focus. We have both but are waiting a while to enjoy the freedom being petless allows. A good dog is worth so much and the missus feels safer with one around. I'll start seriously looking for one next summer, I guess. We've been spoiled by always having a GSD around.

Attachments

• 20211007_183745.jpg
    20211007_183745.jpg
    10.2 MB

My Schnauzer loves to cuddle. Never tested his IQ. He doesn't talk much and his writing skills suck.😁

End of May. We're both retired and were the entire time we had our last shepherd. It paid off as Olive was a beautifully mannered animal. They take time and focus. We have both but are waiting a while to enjoy the freedom being petless allows. A good dog is worth so much and the missus feels safer with one around. I'll start seriously looking for one next summer, I guess. We've been spoiled by always having a GSD around.
They will spoil you for sure!

Good morning brothers and sisters! Hugz all around, passing right and left!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif

A mostly cloudy day starting at 41F and predicted to reach 57F.

Dinner out last night at the Matador restaurant with Grayfox and a friend.

Gym and dog walk first thing this morning and then it's off to Fernhill dog park while the housekeepers hose things out.

The GC battery drain turned out two-fold. The less than one year old premium battery failed the load test and there was a GPS tracking device hidden away and drawing power from the vehicle battery. Ostensibly installed by the previous owner, but I have no way to track it and don't want the parasitic draw.

What is funny is watching him if a squirrel decides to walk the top of the fence.
This fker is fast as hell. He runs as fast as he can. Jumps almost to the top of the damn fence and kicks with all four legs as hard as he can. Knocks the fking squirrel off the fence and a lot of the times that squirrel gets his ass tore up.
Funny as fk. Well except if my Wife sees it she starts screaming at him to let go of the squirrel because of the noise it makes. And nope,he ain't letting go. He shakes that poor fker like a pair of Nun Chucks and crushes it's ribs.😁
He don't eat it. Just lays there looking at it for awhile and gets up and walks away.
My dumbass has to get rid of the bastard.😋

What is funny is watching him if a squirrel decides to walk the top of the fence.
This fker is fast as hell. He runs as fast as he can. Jumps almost to the top of the damn fence and kicks with all four legs as hard as he can. Knocks the fking squirrel off the fence and a lot of the times that squirrel gets his ass tore up.
Funny as fk. Well except if my Wife sees it she starts screaming at him to let go of the squirrel because of the noise it makes. And nope,he ain't letting go. He shakes that poor fker like a pair of Nun Chucks and crushes it's ribs.😁
He don't eat it. Just lays there looking at it for awhile and gets up and walks away.
They were bred to be a vermin and watch dog, duties that they take seriously.

At least when my cats get a bird or bunny the eat all of it just a but of feathers or fur left behind

My Schnauzer loves to cuddle. Never tested his IQ. He doesn't talk much and his writing skills suck.😁
That's why I say that my Border Collie isn't the brightest bulb. He's only beat me three outta five times in three D chess.

Good morning, Misfits! Cool, wet, and dreary here in Racoon City. Wife assured me we didn't have any rain on the horizon 'til Friday. Long about 2200, it came down in buckets. I'd left the JKU outside, and the roof leaks like a sieve, so I get to run out in my skivvies and tuck it back in the garage. Meh. If that's the worst thing I have to deal with this week, all is well.

Leaves are back on the ground with a vengeance. Hope it gets windy enough to dry 'em out so they can find a new home in the compost pile.

Latest posts

Back