Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm really jonesing for a pup exactly like those. Promised myself a year's break before I got another. I've got a big property and I'm not sure I can keep up with another GSD.
GS is a breed that does take a lot of attention. Like having another kid around.

How long ago did you lose your shepherd?

That goes with just about any dog breed. If you're doing your job, all dogs need/want/love all the attention you can give 'em.
True enough, but not all the breeds try as hard as a German Shepherd to make you happy, or are as intelligent.

On a dog IQ scale, where the mean/average is 80, the German Shepherds IQ is 85 to 90, with some over 100.

Last edited:
My last new dog is a Border Collie. Supposed to be one of the smartest breeds. Sam? Not so much, but he's smart in many ways. From what he loses in smarts, he more than makes up in heart and guts.
When I went into the hospital to get half a lung sliced out, I worried about my girls, but I knew ole Sammy would die if needed to protect them. The fact that both the girls are expert shots helped, too.

True enough, but not all the breeds try as hard as a German Shepherd to make you happy, or are as intelligent.

On a dog IQ scale, where the mean/average is 80, the German Shepherds IQ is 85 to 90, with some over 100.
Thats smarter than some humans

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back