Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1725317639900.png

Mission Successful. 1 Water heater taken out, hauled off, new one reinstalled. Hot water by 4 pm.

TO say I'm beat would be an understatement.
At leadt you can tske s hot shower and relax now

Evening folks. Roasted a chicken today. Made gravy with the drippings. Simple and tasty. Peeps say a yard chicken is tough. You just gotta brine it a day, then roast it in a covered dish. Baste it often.
I use a cast iron pot with a lid.

Well, back to work tomorrow. Was nice to be off three days. Didn’t get nearly as much as I wanted to do.
Still undecided on cutting firewood this year. Not sure that bending down is going to work for my back. I have a splitter now so I don’t swing an 8 lb maul anymore. I’m going to be miserable this winter if I run the heat pump. Fireplace keeps the house about 74 degrees. Perfect in the winter.

Made some microwave popcorn for the Old Hen and me. Got two bites in and discovered it tasted kinda funny. 'Bout the time I caught on, the Old Hen piped in with her complaints. Shitcanned the bowl and checked out the box the packet came out of. Expiration date 8/8/22. Yuck. Got about six more packets in the box, so I'll pop 'em and toss 'em out for the birds. So much for my midnight snack.

Morning peeps. Hot this morning. But supposed to only be 84 today? Fine with me. This summer took a toll on me. But I sure ain’t ready for winter. Wish I had a neighborhood boy that wanted to make some side money. I need a lot of wood split. Yiu just don’t have those kids roaming the streets looking to make some money like the old days.

Back