Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No but they were grown indoors
i would have lost my second run because they were ready around monsoon season.
I have another run outside and whatever I get I get
so far not big enough to hold moisture like the second run.
Glad to hear , 4 zips off an auto SWEET...................... @Carty will be Proud

From what I understand he may be at his new heating system with furnace polish
LOL!

I had a customer years ago who had a diesel Cadillac that suffered from an extremely hard brake pedal (power brakes that have lost their 'power'). He spent an entire weekend replacing the booster, only to realize he still had a hard pedal when he was done. He brought it to the shop, and I found out that the vacuum pump was bad, so the booster wasn't getting any vacuum. A half hour fix, and he was back on the road.

Every time he came back to the shop after that, he'd pull out a rag and start polishing that vacuum pump whenever I'd raise the hood. And he'd laugh and laugh, and I'd mess with him about it. Cool guy. We got along just fine. I teasingly called him "The Pump Polisher".

He always wore a blue work shirt with the name BLACK on the front. I asked him where the name came from, because I knew it wasn't his actual name. He told me he got the nickname when he was in a gang in West Palm Beach because he was the darkest member of the gang. lol And he was...I mean...coal. black. And big. :oops:

LOL!

I had a customer years ago who had a diesel Cadillac that suffered from an extremely hard brake pedal (power brakes that have lost their 'power'). He spent an entire weekend replacing the booster, only to realize he still had a hard pedal when he was done. He brought it to the shop, and I found out that the vacuum pump was bad, so the booster wasn't getting any vacuum. A half hour fix, and he was back on the road.

Every time he came back to the shop after that, he'd pull out a rag and start polishing that vacuum pump whenever I'd raise the hood. And he'd laugh and laugh, and I'd mess with him about it. Cool guy. We got along just fine. I teasingly called him "The Pump Polisher".

He always wore a blue work shirt with the name BLACK on the front. I asked him where the name came from, because I knew it wasn't his actual name. He told me he got the nickname when he was in a gang in West Palm Beach because he was the darkest member of the gang. lol And he was...I mean...coal. black. And big. :oops:
Im no motor guy but I remember friends had a caddy with a gas engine they made into a diesel .
I may be wrong,lot of weed from then to now.

Im no motor guy but I remember friends had a caddy with a gas engine they made into a diesel .
I may be wrong,lot of weed from then to now.
I spent a couple years removing those 'wannabe' diesels (they were actually sleeved Oldsmobile gas engines converted to diesel - leaky, unreliable, noisy, smelly) and replacing them with Olds gas engines back in the early 80's. Made some money doing it, too! ;-)

More like this. My sister was into what we called Western Pleasure (not exactly dressage) - but I preferred cutting ponies and speed events. There's no feeling quite like sitting atop a 1200-1400 pound solid muscle at a flat-out run.
Bikes come 'close'...but they don't sweat and slobber on you. LOL

I watched that once. Got to go back and talk to the riders. I found out the horsies LOVE to do it. <-- when one is not brought out of its stall with the others, it cries pitifully.

Good morning brothers and sisters! Topless Tuesday yet again!
bigarmhug.gif
I gotta remember to cover up the camera on my laptop. How'd ya know I was topless?
Good morning everyone. Todays plan to do paperwork at least at my house so there will be breaks. Have a nice day everyone and Big, we are thinking about you and your dentist buzz today. Hope everything works out well and you will be French kissing in no time 😊
He better not be! I believe Swede is Scandinavian.

I might go back to bottles if I had one of these.

I wuz in Tijuana in the Olden Days -- there was a woman whose trick was that she could pick up a silver dollar left on the edge of a table. With her thing.

Fargin Starkey heated one with his Zippo under the table for a while, then put it at the edge...

What a scene. Those were the days...

I watched that once. Got to go back and talk to the riders. I found out the horsies LOVE to do it. <-- when one is not brought out of its stall with the others, it cries pitifully.
Horses have personalities like dogs do...some of them are couch potatoes - without the couch, of course. But yes, a horse that loves to run and work just loves doing so, like a working dog does.

I had a gelding I rode everywhere. On the trail, he was all cool and calm - a bird could jump up in front of him and he wouldn't flinch. But when we got to the arena to run barrels, he was a different animal...when I was in the bull pen waiting my turn, he be sweating and prancing all around, and by the time we went through the gate he was snorting and raring up, wanting to run. It was AWESOME!

More like this. My sister was into what we called Western Pleasure (not exactly dressage) - but I preferred cutting ponies and speed events. There's no feeling quite like sitting atop a 1200-1400 pound solid muscle at a flat-out run.
Bikes come 'close'...but they don't sweat and slobber on you. LOL

Latest posts

Back