Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would stub my toe on every chair in the room

I have no idea what that means

so I will just have some coffee and sit over here in the corner

male or female?

IMG_6651.jpeg

I would stub my toe on every chair in the room

I have no idea what that means

so I will just have some coffee and sit over here in the corner

male or female?

View attachment 344109
I'm a bit old school, however "ist-a-phobic" that seems to be...I don't much care.
She'd better be a girl if I date her.

I don't eat liver either. There's a reason for that. Try to make me eat it.

No the Green fruit you said was sweet like honey after peeling off the sections
Oh. Lemme go back and figger out what it is you wanted to know...

OH! You be talkin' about my deliciosa plants. They grow bestest in Floriduh. The look very much like a split-leaf fern from a distance. They are ferns... and sorta robust ones.

I've got one that all I did was toss a big chunk of root down by a huge (2-ft thick) pine tree. It has sent a runner comprising a dozen sections like in the pic below across my lawn, while another has latched on and grown 30 feet up that pine tree.

The roots grow largely right at the surface.

A lotsa people up North have them for decoration inside their homes:
1697484659071.png

Strangled like in the pic above, the plant will never fruit. Mine are 30X larger... Cannot even walk through them, they are so thick. In the pic above, picture five of those plants in that pot. (*snork*)

Here's the part you eat -- the inner white. Very sweet like honey/pears.:
1697485268482.png

It ain't ever gonna be commercial and here's why: They ripen one day, and you'd better find the summonabench in the jungle despite their great camoflage. Then you have all day to eat it. Miss a day, too bad.

Here's how to tell a ripe one: Lookit closely at those boxy little chunks comprising the outer "peel". See the microscopic separations? That's the clue. They pop right off almost at a touch. It is a total pita if you are looking for a ripe one.

The reason: The one you checked by lightly digging your fingernail into and finding it tight and unripe... well, three hours later, the sumbitch is ready. Pick it or lose it.

I never liked the original star trek it was weird. Watched every other one thats not animated. Don't like those ether.
Ya gotta unnerstan' -- the original was ground-breaking. I remember some guys discussing the fact that some of the crew of the Enterprise got offed right in the middle of the show. <-- Never done before. (Red Shirt Disease had not yet been invented.) Sorta like the stiff-legged dude heading for the Long Branch to talk to Miss Kitty... and being shot dead.

And unlike the endless Westerns, this one had scantily clad honeys in every segment.

Lastly, there had never been a "Spock" concept even light years away in anything else anywhere.

Last edited:
Ya gotta unnerstan' -- the original was ground-breaking. I remember some guys discussing the fact that some of the crew of the Enterprise got offed right in the middle of the show. <-- Never done before. (Red Shirt Disease had not yet been invented.)

And unlike the endless Westerns, this one had scantily clad honeys in every segment.

Lastly, there had never been a "Spock" concept even light years away in anything else anywhere.
Or a controversial Lieutenant Nyota Uhura and Kirks kiss...................
We remember

Oh. Lemme go back and figger out what it is you wanted to know...

OH! You be talkin' about my deliciosa plants. They grow bestest in Floriduh. The look very much like a split-leaf fern from a distance. They are ferns... and sorta robust ones.

I've got one that all I did was toss a big chunk of root down by a huge (2-ft thick) pine tree. It has sent a runner comprising a dozen sections like in the pic below across my lawn, while another has latched on and grown 30 feet up that pine tree.

The roots grow largely right at the surface.

A lotsa people up North have them for decoration inside their homes:
View attachment 344115
Strangled like in the pic above, the plant will never fruit. Mine are 30X larger... Cannot even walk through them, they are so thick. In the pic above, picture five of those plants in that pot. (*snork*)

Here's the part you eat -- the inner white. Very sweet like honey/pears.:
View attachment 344117
It ain't ever gonna be commercial and here's why: They ripen one day, and you'd better find the summonabench in the jungle despite their great camoflage. Then you have all day to eat it. Miss a day, too bad.

Here's how to tell a ripe one: Lookit closely at those boxy little chunks comprising the outer "peel". See the microscopic separations? That's the clue. They pop right off almost at a touch. It is a total pita if you are looking for a ripe one.

The reason: The one you checked by lightly digging your fingernail into and finding it tight and unripe... well, three hours later, the sumbitch is ready. Pick it or lose it.
Thanks Never saw or heard of them.

when they switched from analog to digi and told me I needed to buy some kind of box for my tv if I wanted to continue to watch it I said fvck that schitt I ain’t paying for nuthin’ ya evil bastiages

so I unplugged the box and gave it away and it never came back

i have a hard enough time sifting and sorting out what is real and what is not real on the interwebs

so I don’t need no stinking tv to confuse things even more

it is a lot more fun to take a bunch of mushrooms and trip out and find more truth in 30 minutes than watching tv for 30 years
I had to explain to so many people who thought it was some kinda scam... The limits of analog TV had been reached. There was no way to put more information (eg: picture detail, refresh speed, yada) on analog.

But advances in computers (thank you, Unca) exploded the whole world of television.

"Exploded" is not hyperbole. Think of your montrous 26" (diagonal) color TV set. It weighed a ton, the picture was fuzzy. It was very expensive.

Now lookit your 6-foot across, thin, lightweight, inexpensive movie theater screen with the picture sharp enough that you occasionally freeze the picture to read a small sign in the picture background.

And instead of having a wonderful choice of Lawrence Welk or Arthur Godfrey, now you have access to essentially any movie or event that was recorded

Technology exploded. There was no more reason to build Conestoga wagons when the Interstate was completed. But that doesn't mean the Conestoga wagon owners were getting scammed.

They were just left way, way behind.

Last edited:
when they switched from analog to digi and told me I needed to buy some kind of box for my tv if I wanted to continue to watch it I said fvck that schitt I ain’t paying for nuthin’ ya evil bastiages

so I unplugged the box and gave it away and it never came back

i have a hard enough time sifting and sorting out what is real and what is not real on the interwebs

so I don’t need no stinking tv to confuse things even more

it is a lot more fun to take a bunch of mushrooms and trip out and find more truth in 30 minutes than watching tv for 30 years
What about Lawrence Welk? ☝️

Latest posts

Back