Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Mama useta put big glass jars over them about this time of year. They'd stay through really hard frosts.

BTW -- You musta stuck your psyche in the military. That looks like the front yard of a Bird Colonel in a basic training facility.

Mongo most ricky-tick impressed. You oughta see my front yard. It is an impassible jungle (I have not gone through it in the 23 years since I had the Chateau built). A mix of some small coconut palms (where I tossed some coconuts that fell from a tree I planted as a coconut when I moved in) and a mix of Passion Flower vines, deliciosa (AKA: Split-Tail ferns), acai bushes, pine trees, swamp maple, and other unnamable plants.

Here's a deliciosa plant -- the corncob lookin' thing is yummy edible. When ripe, the square green pieces just come right off, and the "corncob" inside tastes like a pear dipped in honey.
View attachment 344029

Cannot see the street through it.
Walt I never seen these what are they called?

kinda brightens up the place

IMG_6646.jpeg

Moonday, moanday, it's going to be alright...............................
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif

A cloudy wet day here, starting at 53F and predicted to reach 65F.

A thermostat to replace at one of the rentals today.

The bean soup turned out stellar, but postponing the big pot of pea soup, as we fought for space in the freezer to store yesterday's excess bean soup.

Latest posts

Back