GM Xmas Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The important thing is at least you are experienced enough to know when there is a problem and what it is, I would be lost
That's why I post stuff like this. Good reference for me to share on N toxicity.

The three that got all funky did so right after up potting. So, I'm just going to wait them out and keep checking new growth and leaf. I've done all I can do...tic tock! Lol

That's why I post stuff like this. Good reference for me to share on N toxicity.

The three that got all funky did so right after up potting. So, I'm just going to wait them out and keep checking new growth and leaf. I've done all I can do...tic tock! Lol
My beast mode did that just gave her water for about a month. She bounced back nicely. I fed her som epsom after that but not much else last 2 week straight water.

My beast mode did that just gave her water for about a month. She bounced back nicely. I fed her som epsom after that but not much else last 2 week straight water.
Yeah, all three are going on a diet. My one Tangie started doing that. I did a few waterings with just calnit n Epsom and it seems to be better. Looks hungry though.

Well, things don't always go as planned. Sometimes ya get some plants that don't like so much N in their diet. Both SFV OGbx3 and the GreenCrack MangoHp are kinda angry at me right now. All showing signs of N toxicity. Deep green color, darkened leaf veins, poor posture, light green twisted new growth, and the most revealing sign is the big hook bending down. This SFV kinda looks thirsty doesn't it? I assure you it's not. Nor is it over watered. Light intensity is at a minimum turned down to 50%. I'm pretty convinced N is the culprit. A few days should see a big difference in all these affected plants.
GreenCrack MangoHp...just look at that hook..lol
View attachment 361301
The SFV OGbx3 are right behind them. Not looking as bad but still an issue is there.
View attachment 361302

The Blue Moon Rocks are doing fine. I'll up pot these soon to 3 gal bags.
View attachment 361303

The Cap Junkys have been a little neglected in the training department but I foresee a floater screen in their near future.
View attachment 361304View attachment 361305View attachment 361306
This lady here is creeping into some N tox as well. That twisted new growth has gotta go..lol
View attachment 361307

So, let's see how they do. The picky ones have been flushed. Not something I do on a whim. Nitrogen can be moved in the plant pretty easily. So after this flush I'll let them sit a day or two and then start feeding again. Hopefully see some good signs soon.

Eventually we all have issues with plants. I try not to freak out and over do it. Ya just make a decision and roll with it.

IMG_5968.jpeg

Running a continuous grow, with several different strains at once, and complicating that even more, by constantly introducing new strains that I have to dial in on the fly, is the reason I started mixing the calnit/epsom separate.
It gives me a little more control.

View attachment 361321
Running a continuous grow, with several different strains at once, and complicating that even more, by constantly introducing new strains that I have to dial in on the fly, is the reason I started mixing the calnit/epsom separate.
It gives me a little more control.
Running multiple strains isn't that difficult with jacks.

I need ya to explain what your doing here. I'm kinda confused. How are you measuring doses with premixed stuff?
Flower H2O...what's and how much is in there? Same with the others.

How are you getting 1/4tsp jacks, calnit, and Epsom in each gallon you feed?

A little bit of the future just arrived yesterday. KC Brains....Cyber Crystal. I've had KC Brains on my bucket list for years and now I'm finally going to get a run going.
#1,2,4 are all selected females bred to a single male. Then there's a random open pollination pack in there as well. I think that's right. Lol. I'm no breeder. I just grow them.

I'll be cracking some this winter.
IMG_20240831_120255330.jpg

Last edited:
Running multiple strains isn't that difficult with jacks.

I need ya to explain what your doing here. I'm kinda confused. How are you measuring doses with premixed stuff?
Flower H2O...what's and how much is in there? Same with the others.

How are you getting 1/4tsp jacks, calnit, and Epsom in each gallon you feed?

My water jugs have H20 written on them.
I needed a jug for flower nutes, so I took a H20 jug, and repurposed it by writing flower above H20, lol.

Flower is Jacks 10-30-20, 1/2 tsp per gallon.

Veg is Jacks 20-20-20, 1/2 tsp per gallon.

CalMag is 1/2 tsp calnit and 1/4 tsp epsom.

H20 is straight water.

Basically, if a plant looks like it needs something, I decide what that is, and feed it from the corresponding jug.
If a plant looks like it is headed towards N tox, I hit it with straight water for a couple feedings.

I needed a jug for flower nutes, so I took a H20 jug, and repurposed it by writing flower above H20, lol.

H20 is straight water.

Basically, if a plant looks like it needs something, I decide what that is, and feed it from the corresponding jug.
If a plant looks like it is headed towards N tox, I hit it with straight water for a couple feedings.
I am also using Jacks but I think I am going to lower my dose a few of the young babies have burnt tips. Way too soon for that. These are 3 weeks and one month. I think I over fed them so I will back off a bit i think the calnit was a bit early for the autos even though they are all flowering. They just started flowering. My bad plus I have the flowering nutes outside. The reg Jack is inside.

H20 is straight water.

Here's my thoughts. I see your approach to feeding but why not make it simpler by providing all it needs everytime versus adjusting to what you visually see. By then the deficiency is already there and your making adjustments that could have been avoided.

I dunno man...I'm just thinking out loud and a lil high..lol

I am also using Jacks but I think I am going to lower my dose a few of the young babies have burnt tips. Way too soon for that. These are 3 weeks and one month. I think I over fed them so I will back off a bit i think the calnit was a bit early for the autos even though they are all flowering. They just started flowering. My bad plus I have the flowering nutes outside. The reg Jack is inside.
I tried to bounce up to 1/2 with the new plants. 3 of them toxic now.

I feed 1/4tsp jacks, calnit, Epsom every time. In mid flower I'm watering 3x a wk. So they are getting a lot of Jack's but it's spread out.

Here's my thoughts. I see your approach to feeding but why not make it simpler by providing all it needs everytime versus adjusting to what you visually see. By then the deficiency is already there and your making adjustments that could have been avoided.

I dunno man...I'm just thinking out loud and a lil high..lol

My water is sourced from a spring behind the house. I pump water from the spring, to my cistern.
From the cistern, it is pumped to the house.
My water has way more minerals in it than the city water most on here use.
It just seems to me, if I mix everything together, in the water I use, I constantly end up going from one extreme to the other.
The water thing started out as a theory, but everything has really smoothed out since I started doing this, so I am kind of leaning towards it being a little more than a theory, at the moment.

My water is sourced from a spring behind the house. I pump water from the spring, to my cistern.
From the cistern, it is pumped to the house.
My water has way more minerals in it than the city water most on here use.
It just seems to me, if I mix everything together, in the water I use, I constantly end up going from one extreme to the other.
The water thing started out as a theory, but everything has really smoothed out since I started doing this, so I am kind of leaning towards it being a little more than a theory, at the moment.
Yeah I knew ya had some water issues. Good to know it's working.

They are never to big to bend over....

My veg tent as it stands after I molested the ones on the left...lol All of these plants are 6.5weeks from sprout.
IMG_20240905_122637615.jpg

GreenCrack MangoHp and the SFV OG...these two girls shot up to roughly 30". Not in my tent..lol They all now sport double bends in the main stem. One to bend her over and one going sideways. All secondary growth has been crushed and trained outwards. About a week out I'll plop a 12x12 floater screen on each one till flower. Then Ill remove the small one and replace it with a 20x22 floater.
IMG_20240905_122205796.jpg
IMG_20240905_122238270.jpg
IMG_20240905_122248916.jpg

Very pleased to see these 2 Blue Moon Rocks girls happy and healthy. They are in 1gal bags and about to get an upgrade. On e up potted these too will sport floater screens.
IMG_20240905_122601846.jpg

IMG_20240905_122608984.jpg

Lastly, the Cap Junky. These 3 girls are doing fine over on the side. I've not paid them much attention in regards to training them down. The training they received early has the plants ready for the floater screen to spread out the multiple branches. These will be a solid 4+ ft in diameter in flower.
IMG_20240905_122622412.jpg

Last edited:
So the issue of N toxicity I had is slowly going away. The leaves are looking better now. This little mishap has caused some damage but shiznit happens.
This is what I started with....
Screenshot_20240829-071616.png

About a week later I see some positive changes. I backed off the jacks and fed them just calnit and Epsom. The flush probably helped a little. Oh how I hate flushing a plant..lol. Anyways, I think she'll be okay.
IMG_20240905_122427062.jpg

They are never to big to bend over....

My veg tent as it stands after I molested the ones on the left...lol All of these plants are 6.5weeks from sprout.
View attachment 361719

GreenCrack MangoHp and the SFV OG...these two girls shot up to roughly 30". Not in my tent..lol They all now sport double bends in the main stem. One to bend her over and one going sideways. All secondary growth has been crushed and trained outwards. About a week out I'll plop a 12x12 floater screen on each one till flower. Then Ill remove the small one and replace it with a 20x22 floater.
View attachment 361718View attachment 361717View attachment 361714

Very pleased to see these 2 Blue Moon Rocks girls happy and healthy. They are in 1gal bags and about to get an upgrade. On e up potted these too will sport floater screens.
View attachment 361716

View attachment 361715

Lastly, the Cap Junky. These 3 girls are doing fine over on the side. I've not paid them much attention in regards to training them down. The training they received early has the plants ready for the floater screen to spread out the multiple branches. These will be a solid 4+ ft in diameter in flower.
View attachment 361720
Do you always bend the stems to a 90° when using the screen method?

Do you always bend the stems to a 90° when using the screen method?
Good question....

That 90° bend is a scary move but had to be done. Then I made another 90° lol. What I'm doing here is getting them all the same height and ready for a floater screen.

These plants got a little out of control. Way more than normal but a plant is never to big or tall to train.

Some thoughts as I go......

I need to rethink the sexing method. Initially I had planned on taking a few cuts and throwing them into 12/12 but instead I just threw the whole plant in the flower tent till they showed sex.

Not sure I like that way. The plants got out of control, stretchy with long internode spacing. Once they showed me sex and I returned them to the veg tent.
IMG_20240822_182717231.jpg

They continued to flower as they try to convert to veg stage. Similar to taking a flowering clone but this is the whole plant. I can't help but to feel as though I'm going to have a mess on my hands when the whole plant re vegges.

Not real comfortable with all that but I'm dealing with the fall out. Next run with regular seed I'll take cuts and throw them into 12/12.

Some thoughts as I go......

I need to rethink the sexing method. Initially I had planned on taking a few cuts and throwing them into 12/12 but instead I just threw the whole plant in the flower tent till they showed sex.

Not sure I like that way. The plants got out of control, stretchy with long internode spacing. Once they showed me sex and I returned them to the veg tent.
View attachment 361942
They continued to flower as they try to convert to veg stage. Similar to taking a flowering clone but this is the whole plant. I can't help but to feel as though I'm going to have a mess on my hands when the whole plant re vegges.

Not real comfortable with all that but I'm dealing with the fall out. Next run with regular seed I'll take cuts and throw them into 12/12.
That's really interesting stuff, I never even thought of the idea of taking a clipping and flipping them to tell sex. Makes sense though, I'm sure you will still end up with some nice plants

Latest posts

Back