GM Xmas Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd be afraid to jack up my jacks to 3/4. I dunno what 1/4-1/2 comes out npk but that's as high as I go. They get so dark green I worry any higher would throw me into N tox.

Adding the calnit, Epsom, and jacks at 1/4 ea seems to be a stable diet. All the way from seedling to harvest. So simple most say bull sheet but I've got proof it works..lol

These young plants are getting Jack's and calnit. Not really getting a ton of light in the flower tent but developing fast. Can't wait to find my girls and get them outta there. I'll cut off some lower growth and bury them to the height I wanna work with. Lil beasts are getting outta control..lol

Grow bags are easy to store and clean off in the end. Cheap enough just to toss out too. I've never had any issues with bags. Large or small.
GM I think Carty meant to knock it down to 3/4 strenght not up it. I dont know what 3/4 strength would be for 1/4 tsp. I guess 1/8 tsp would work.

I've been using Jack's, both Classic and Bloom, at nearly 1/2 tsp per gallon. I started at 1/4 tsp, but found better health and growth when I upped the dose. I'm actually a little under 1/2 tsp because I don't completely fill my measuring spoon and I get a little more than two gallons of water in my watering cans. When the plants seem a little stressed, I skip a feeding (normally feed every day) or use less Jack's. Calmag twice a week at 3-4 ml per gallon. RealGrowers Recharge every ten days or so. That's about it. I have on occasion substituted a dose of FF Tigerbloom since I have a bottle laying around and the plants seem to enjoy the change of pace. The FF reads 2-8-4.
Indoors was the same, though I added the calmag all the time at 1/3 strength. I take care to keep the doses a little under what would be considered full strength. Everything is growing in promix HP.

3 plants down tonight. I kinda figured the ones getting tall quick were gonna be males. Found this on all three.
1000000776.jpg

2 GreenCrack/Mango Hashplant
1 ForgetMeNot

Cap Junky...I went ahead and culled the odd plant. The others are growing fine @28days.
1000000797.jpg

These two are growing normal. One has a purple stems. Maybe I'll get some color on that one..maybe
1000000795.jpg
1000000794.jpg

The other one is just a little slower and more compact. If it doesn't start pickup up some speed I'll prob cull it too.
1000000796.jpg

IDK why but I can finally follow this grow in this thread lol. The one on GC idk why it felt overwhelming..following along now, I read this whole thread- all caught up
It is a lot easier here. I'm glad your tagging along. Once you respond to a thread topic it tags you along automatic. Easy to post pics as well. That camera ya have takes some nice ones.

I can see already I'm going to have to bury these a little when I up pot. I don't plan on cutting off any branches below before I bury it. I'm just going to cut the leaf and bury stems n all. Eventually they will get roots and it'll be interesting to see how this goes. I may rough up some areas and put some gel on them before I bury them.

SFV OGbx3....

Found two females tonight. These shot up to about 18". Leggy secondary growth. That's okay. I'll fix it later.
1000000857.jpg

Threw them in the veg tent and gave them a little leaf trim. Opened up a lot of light removing just a few big leaves. It doesn't take many. I always leave plenty for the plant. Leaves are important.
1000000865.jpg
IMG_20240822_185013795~2.jpg

The leaves on these plants are pretty big n wide.
1000000864.jpg

Sadly, I found one male Blue Moon Rocks.
I'm getting there. One more to go for sex ID.

My veg tent has taken a hit. The two SFV are kinda large and taking up space. I'll be moving out the Durban as soon as the C99 is finished.
IMG_20240822_184719556~3.jpg

It may get a little crowded in there. I've got till the end of Sept before they go into flower. If I get one more female I'll have 9 for the 4x8. I can make that work.

Last edited:
Well, things don't always go as planned. Sometimes ya get some plants that don't like so much N in their diet. Both SFV OGbx3 and the GreenCrack MangoHp are kinda angry at me right now. All showing signs of N toxicity. Deep green color, darkened leaf veins, poor posture, light green twisted new growth, and the most revealing sign is the big hook bending down. This SFV kinda looks thirsty doesn't it? I assure you it's not. Nor is it over watered. Light intensity is at a minimum turned down to 50%. I'm pretty convinced N is the culprit. A few days should see a big difference in all these affected plants.
GreenCrack MangoHp...just look at that hook..lol
IMG_20240828_181338708_HDR.jpg

The SFV OGbx3 are right behind them. Not looking as bad but still an issue is there.
IMG_20240828_185529109_HDR.jpg

The Blue Moon Rocks are doing fine. I'll up pot these soon to 3 gal bags.
IMG_20240828_185346564_HDR.jpg

The Cap Junkys have been a little neglected in the training department but I foresee a floater screen in their near future.
IMG_20240828_185543640_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240828_185613619_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240828_185632280_HDR.jpg

This lady here is creeping into some N tox as well. That twisted new growth has gotta go..lol
IMG_20240828_185645258_HDR.jpg

So, let's see how they do. The picky ones have been flushed. Not something I do on a whim. Nitrogen can be moved in the plant pretty easily. So after this flush I'll let them sit a day or two and then start feeding again. Hopefully see some good signs soon.

Eventually we all have issues with plants. I try not to freak out and over do it. Ya just make a decision and roll with it.

Latest posts

Back