Clone issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got some good pics of the outdoors im doing to post later today and ill have some new pics of the clones. The clones have recovered very well from my overwatering haha. ;-). The outdoors range from 5ft-7ft. Other than one smaller plant that i put out late in the year just for shits n giggles. This one is only about 28in tall, but the entire plant is just one bud and its still got 4-6 weeks to go ! So that was a nice surprise. This year is my first year doing outdoors out at the Cape. Never grown near the ocean before and this year ive had zero issues with any of the plants out here other than it didnt rain much for about a month. But luckily i was up here every other week, so i could water and feed them etc. The rest of the outs are in CT away from the ocean.

Pics to be posted later today ;-)

Thanks again yall for the help. :)

I just got to my other house and had to post a pic of this. This was my plant i put out waaaay too late, 2nd week of June. I also rarely fed it any food (i did use good soil). But I had no where to put it at home. So i decided to try growing 2 plants out at the Cape. This plant is about as around as a baseball, its about 20 inches long. And it still has time to get bigger. Just in the last 10 days its gotten 20% bigger id say. Kinda funny i wasnt expecting much from this plant haha!

I broke my phone so ill have to get pics of my other plants for yall to see soon. All my other plants are 6+ft, one is more like 9ft. In the past 4+ weeks they have all REALLy started to bud. But this lil plant here cracks me up, i didnt think id get jack shit out of this and growing out at the cape where its a desert basically, i didnt know what to expect. But i can tell ya growing out here is the bees knees ;-) Curious because it was grown near the ocean, what the final smell and taste will be.

Attachments

• Photo on 8-30-24 at 8.59 AM.jpg
    Photo on 8-30-24 at 8.59 AM.jpg
    572 KB · Views: 0
Ok i have a Q. When should i adjust my lights ? Right now i have 4 modes. Low, Low Mid, Mid and High. It has a 4 way switch to change how intense the light is. As this is my first time doing clones i wanted to ask, when should i raise the intensity of the light ? Ive had it on the lowest mode. I turned it up to the 2nd setting today. But now im nervous. These clones are about 7 weeks old now.

If your clones are 7 weeks old, they should be in veg mode full blast, ready to handle sunlight. Are they developing slowly for some reason?
I took cuttings on 6/5. They were in pots in the shade on the 20th. By the 27th they were in full sun all day. The Photone free app for your phone will measure your light's intensity. Gradually get that up to near 1000 ppfd for veg. Then it's a matter of raising or lowering the lights height along with intensify to minimize stretching if that's a concern.

I have the light about 18 inchs from the plants. I turned it onto the 2nd mode for intensity as mentioned in previous post. They have really taken off (even with the light on low). But i know i gotta turn the mode up. With seed started plants, i dont even mess with the light mode (intensity). I always left it on high. But i noticed these clones when i first got them seemed VERY sensitive to the light. So i turned it on the low mode and they did much better. But as i said these are about 7 weeks old. So i turned up the light today and as i said the light is 18 in away from the plants.

Those look ready for 600-800 ppfd. Some full faux sunshine. Two look to be stretching pretty hard, asking for more/closer light. Just my 2 cents, but I'd gradually increase power, your lights won't get much closer than that.
The Photone app is easy to use and while not deadly accurate,close enough for pot plants.
Not knowing the power of your light, keep bumping it up. You'll be able to see if it's too much before you do much damage.
I treat clones like seedlings, gentle at first, but then push them once they get going.

I have the light about 18 inchs from the plants. I turned it onto the 2nd mode for intensity as mentioned in previous post. They have really taken off (even with the light on low). But i know i gotta turn the mode up. With seed started plants, i dont even mess with the light mode (intensity). I always left it on high. But i noticed these clones when i first got them seemed VERY sensitive to the light. So i turned it on the low mode and they did much better. But as i said these are about 7 weeks old. So i turned up the light today and as i said the light is 18 in away from the plants.
7 weeks from being rooted or 7 weeks total. I have had clones take 6-7 weeks to see noticeable growth. I was using rooting gel and a cup of water they never were successful. For me I get best results soaking rooting plugs then dipping the prepped cutting in honey then into the Plug and bury it straight into a planter with soil that has Mykos in it.

They were 8in tall when i got them. The date on the tag says July 24th they were ready to be sold. So thats where im getting hte 7 week time line from. They are now... tallest 16in, smallest about 12in. So in the past few weeks they have doubled in size.

As i said above, im going to slowly increase the light intensity. Let them get use to the mode i just put them in, for 5 days or so. Then keep increasing it i guess. So ill be on full light intensity within 15 days. But ill keep an eye out to make sure its not too much light. Other than that, the plants have been doing fine. I initially gave them too much water. But since i fixed that issue haha, ive seen nothing but good stuff from them. As i said this is my first time doing clones, use to growing from seed. So some of this is new to me. But ill keep them 18in from the light as they are right now and fingers crossed i get the light dialed into its full intensity soon. Maybe that will stop the "stretching" 2 of them are doing. :)

I think it being on the lowest intensity setting has them stretching, so lets see what the increase of light does to these babies this week. :)

They were 8in tall when i got them. The date on the tag says July 24th they were ready to be sold. So thats where im getting hte 7 week time line from. They are now... tallest 16in, smallest about 12in. So in the past few weeks they have doubled in size.

As i said above, im going to slowly increase the light intensity. Let them get use to the mode i just put them in, for 5 days or so. Then keep increasing it i guess. So ill be on full light intensity within 15 days. But ill keep an eye out to make sure its not too much light. Other than that, the plants have been doing fine. I initially gave them too much water. But since i fixed that issue haha, ive seen nothing but good stuff from them. As i said this is my first time doing clones, use to growing from seed. So some of this is new to me. But ill keep them 18in from the light as they are right now and fingers crossed i get the light dialed into its full intensity soon. Maybe that will stop the "stretching" 2 of them are doing. :)

I think it being on the lowest intensity setting has them stretching, so lets see what the increase of light does to these babies this week. :)
If they are that tall the can handle the whole light. Bump it up one day at a time to the full intensity. One day at a time will give it a chance to adjust before going to higher level.
Mine are going to get up potted soon then to the veg room. They are ready as they are getting bigger. The Pineapple skunk took off. It has doubled in size in the last 2 days. Are you feeding them yet. I start feeding them as soon as I up pot them.

Latest posts

Back